Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agents

Options
  • 19-08-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Has anyone any idea how long it takes an estate agent to get the finger out and arrange an appointment? I've enquired about viewing a few places as I recently got mortgage approval but am still waiting for them to get back to me. They're all different companies and I'm waiting nearly a month now on a few places. Is this some form of game they like to play? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I don't think EA's have copped on to the fact that it's a lot more difficult to rent or sell these days and are consequently behaving like the Celtic Tiger is still in existence and just not bothering to reply to people's queries until it suits them. I also think that they tend to like to keep people holding on for a bit while they try and arrange 'group viewings' of properties - it means less work for them.

I'd call them every few days and ask what the story is with the property and tell them that if they don't sort something out soon you'll move on to looking at another property. It might encourage them to get the finger out, but from what I've heard they're just still not bothered to make an effort to secure a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I work for an estate agents (not an agent myself tho) and know that 90% of viewing requests are accomodated within days.

A lot can depend on the vendor in the other 10% as far as I can tell, especially if it's for affordable housing units. Councils are in lala land!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Captain Danger

Thanks guys. I thought they'd be biting my arm off to show places what with the state of the market at the moment. Come Monday I think I'll just start plaguing them with calls

Advertisement