Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV engineers around Newbridge?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 6:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I am having a problem with my Sky, the box is not receiving any signal
    and therefore I have no TV at all.

I rang customer services and they took me through the whole testing
    procedure but to no avail, because my box is out of warranty it will cost me
    €100 to get a Sky engineer out ordered through them.

So does anyone know any local technicians who could take a look at it for me? Who might obviously be a bit cheaper?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭RTighe

Call into the chap in the whitewater on the ground floor, he might have a number for a few techs locally for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Other option is to threaten to change to NTL, play one against the other.

You'd be surprised what sort of 'incidental' charges they can drop when you threaten to leave the service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cilldara1

Hi Mate
    Borrow a Sky box from Family or Friend, plug in, if works problem solved, new box required ! just checked on e-bay Sky Plus box £47 quid , ordinary Sky box £30 quid, once purchased phone sky and they will send a signal so that the New Box works off your Original Sky Card

If it does not work then your Dish may have been knocked out of alignment

When I was back home few years ago this happened to the mothers, phoned a bloke called Brendan on 0871 355138 ( Supplies Dish's / Box's ect )
    For 50 Euro he fitted a new dish cable ect....

Working perfect ever since, If your dish is out of alignment and in good condition I'm sure you'll find someone local like Brendan to re-align and repair it cheaper

Best of Luck

Advertisement