Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guard your Marijuana farm... With Bears.

Options
  • 19-08-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭

http://gizmodo.com/5616786/the-ultimate-marijuana-farm-security-system-bears
    Perimeter fences are hard to maintain. Security cameras are expensive these days. Armed guards can be bought. Yep, it looks like there's really only one way to reliably protect your marijuana farm these days: lazy bears. That was apparently the proprietorial philosophy of one recently raided Western Canada marijuana farm. The attending police were flummoxed when they found the place guarded by 10 black bears.

Apparently the beasts had been intentionally attracted to the spot by pic-a-nic baskets dog food, encouraged to act as impromptu sentries. And what a great idea, right? These guys could have used any high-tech system that they wanted, assuming the illegal marijuana trade is as lucrative as I imagine it to be. But screw all that; what could be more terrifying than a bear? Except:
    "They were tame, they just sat around watching. At one point one of the bears climbed onto the hood of a police car, sat there for a bit and then jumped off," said Royal Canadian Mounted Police sergeant Fred Mansveld.
    So maybe a high tech security system really does trump thousands of years of killing machine evolution. I can guarantee this, though: no salmon get any where near that weed.

scroll down the page for awesome bear motivational posters
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Maybe the bears were stoned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Maybe I'm stoned........... but I think this is a repost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I must Bear that in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

mikom wrote: »

<No text speak please/biko>

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Apparently the beasts had been intentionally attracted to the spot by pic-a-nic baskets dog food, encouraged to act as impromptu sentries.

Hey there, Boo Boo, duuuuuuuuuuude. Ranger Smith is wasted over there, and so am I, man. Duuuuuude, I have the heh heh heh heh munchies. Go and heh heh heh grab me some duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

I heard these bears might be 'put down' as they've grown used to human company & interaction... let's hope that they don't come to such a grizzly end.

Get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

mikom wrote: »

You're clear to smoke more ...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056004545

Advertisement