Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful Song

Options
  • 19-08-2010 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

I have been updating my music collection with some new tunes.

Check out the song Lascia ch'io pianga, as far as I know its an Italian piece.

Aslo there is a welsh lullaby which is actually reall nice called Suo Gan by Izzy.

Let me know what you guys think!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

Penrose wrote: »
    Check out the song Lascia ch'io pianga, as far as I know its an Italian piece.

From Handel's opera Rinaldo, composed in London.

So it is an Italian piece. And English. And German.

Good whatever it is. Try its near relation Verdi Prati from his Alcina from the same period.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Suo Gan was used in the film Empire of the Sun, it truly is gorgeous.

Seconded on Verdi Prati and Lascia Ch'io Pianga by Handel, beautiful arias, Handel wrote some amazing music. Try also "Dove Sei, Amato Bene" from Rodelinda!

Caro Mio Bene by Giordano is another aural delight! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Penrose

Another one I love is Agnus-Dei, no one sings it like the trinity choir, the mp3 I have is a little low on volume but when you put the sound up full it is incredible, one of the best pieces ever sung. I could listen to it all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maestoso

Penrose wrote: »
    Another one I love is Agnus-Dei, no one sings it like the trinity choir, the mp3 I have is a little low on volume but when you put the sound up full it is incredible, one of the best pieces ever sung. I could listen to it all day.
    If you like sacred music, you should check out Rachmaninoff's Ave Maria. It's not like the popular Ave Maria It just has the same lyrics, I think.
    I listen to it so often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTH0pcu_t_8

Advertisement