Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need new PC what should I do????

Options
  • 19-08-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi
    I need advice I want to replace my old PC to some kind of gaming pc.
    I have a ps3 and I use it a lot for those first prisons shooter games like MW2 and alike. so I will only want my new PC for games like Total War series, IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, Microsoft's Flight Simulator, Silent Hunter: and I love playing them put my old PC is not able for them. I will need the new PC for other things as well like surfing the net, photo storage, documents and alike. I was looking around and the likes of dell are looking for mad money. I was looking at a self build but I am not sure there is a big choice. Can anyone point me in the right way?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What kind of monitor does your old PC have? The cost of a PC isn't too high but it balloons once you add operating system and a shiny new monitor to the list :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jackman1

It is an 19" LCD Acer. i think i would need a better monitor some how.:o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Unless its very poor quality or very low-res (<720p) that monitor should be fine if you're trying to save money on this build. Similarly, if you could salvage the old OS (so long as its XP or later) you could keep the PC under €450 with a 3GHz tri-core CPU, 4GB DDR3-1333 and a HD5750 inside :)

If you are willing to spend a lot more money for a upper-mid-range rig and need/want a new OS (Win7 64bit) and monitor (22" 1080p) I shall direct you to this post; that and the OS and monitor should come to roughly €1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Solitaire wrote: »
    Unless its very poor quality or very low-res (<720p) that monitor should be fine if you're trying to save money on this build.

This plus if you can wait a couple of months, pick up a shiny new monitor in the sales.

Advertisement