Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Broadband Dongle To Go?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

I purchased a Broadband Dongle from www.meteor.ie which Only allows you to buy 1 Product at a time for fraud prevention purposes.
    I paid €19:99 Euros for a secondhand(refurbished) Stick Dongle.

I installed the Dongle on one computer it worked fine but when I try installing
    the Dongle in 2 other computer Nothing happens at all is this a technical fault or just Meteor trying to force me buy a dedicated Dongle for every single computer I own in other words not swapping them around?.

Is it possible to use a Meteor Pay As You Go Sim Card with a Meteor BB To Go Stick is there much technical configuration required?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

JohnOwonga wrote: »
    or just Meteor trying to force me buy a dedicated Dongle for every single computer I own in other words not swapping them around?.

No, there's no way for them to do that.
    Is it possible to use a Meteor Pay As You Go Sim Card with a Meteor BB To Go Stick is there much technical configuration required?.

No, you can't use a SIM that Meteor has not provided specifically for this purpose, and they don't sell them without the modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

jor el wrote: »
    No, there's no way for them to do that.

No, you can't use a SIM that Meteor has not provided specifically for this purpose, and they don't sell them without the modem.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I was thinking Meteor Pay As You Go Mobile Phone SIM Cards?

Whats this about an Unlocked Dongle seems very expensive too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/o2-USB-BROADBAND-MODEM-STICK-PAY-YOU-GO-UNLOCKED-/180377582155?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccessories_PCMCIACards

>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I was thinking Meteor Pay As You Go Mobile Phone SIM Cards?

They won't sell that without a modem.

Your current modem works, so why are you looking for another one? If it doesn't work on another computer, than that's an issue with that computer. Buying a new modem is a waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 misefein

Greetings,

I too have trouble with a Meteor broadband dongle. It works OK (kind of) on an Acer Laptop but will not work at all on a Windows XP SP3 computer. It is suggested that this is a computer problem. If so, can it be fixed? Meteor claim dongle will work on a Windows XP machine. They are not people that care much for their customer. They certainly have not helped me. Thanks.

misefein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

misefein wrote: »
    Greetings,

I too have trouble with a Meteor broadband dongle. It works OK (kind of) on an Acer Laptop but will not work at all on a Windows XP SP3 computer. It is suggested that this is a computer problem. If so, can it be fixed? Meteor claim dongle will work on a Windows XP machine. They are not people that care much for their customer. They certainly have not helped me. Thanks.

misefein
    i had one of those dongles working on a vista desktop and an xp laptop and desktop and was able to switch between them all without issue, i also had it working in usb 1.1 ports on a pc. maybe if you emptied your temp files and try again it might work? have you checked other equipment in the same usb port you are trying the dongle in? try plugging a portable hard drive into it or a mobile phone.

• Advertisement

misefein wrote: »
    They are not people that care much for their customer. They certainly have not helped me. Thanks.

misefein

Why do you say that? You've said the modem does work, so if it's not working in your XP computer than that's hardly Meteor's problem to resolve. Meteor didn't sell you the computer, or Windows XP, so why should they fix those problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 misefein

Thanks Foggy Lad.
    Must try those suggestions.
    misefein

Advertisement