Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I watched the Quick Look on GiantBomb and the one thing that irked me was the load times. The game would lock up for a 5-10 seconds before THEN jumping to a load screen for a another 20 odd seconds.

That was the one thing that always bugged me about Fallout 3. The whole pace of the game was broken up by the amount of interior areas and the loading involved in moving between them. Really ruins the pace and the sense of immersion in the game.

It was similar to Oblivion but Fallout 3 seemed worse for it.

If they could solve loading in open world games such as Fallout and Elder Scrolls they'd be pretty much perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Out of 9hrs ofgameplay ive had 2 ctd's and 3 cases of npc's 'clipping' issues where they were stuck. Not as bad as i was expecting. Even the ctd's were alrigyt since the game autosaves and starts up much quicker than fallout 3.

Enjoying it so far. Im not going to do hardcore until the second play through.
    Ive found myself weapon switching much more often due to ammo limitations. The customising ammo feature is a tad confusing but getting the hang of it.

My only complaint so far is the selling system e.g. When your selling your salvage, you have to go through a long list of ammos etc to get to the salvage you have to sell. Same as in fallout 3 but worse now that there are 3 types of each ammo type.

Any idea how much the RRP for this on xbox 360 will be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

cannot wait to play this, going mad all of you have it already lol! basta*ds lol. have it preordered for tomorrow, so after work straight out to dundrum to collect it.

Bye bye weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

About €50 I'd assume. Shop around and you may get it for lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

€44.99 in HMV tomorrow PS3 and 360

humanji wrote: »
    About €50 I'd assume. Shop around and you may get it for lower.

Good point. I've it pre-ordered from Game, but I'll head around tomorrow and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

ill prob wait a few months for this title, reviews and vides thus far seem poor. more of the same fallout 3 stuff, while brilliant its nothing new to make me pay over the top for what its worth. after xmas itll be half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,521 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tesco broke the street date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i put in the 360 version on the smyths site and it said it was in stock at my store (tralee):confused: im going to see if the pc version is in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Headshot wrote: »

Yeah but it's probably more expensive than anywhere else? They never seem to have good prices on games unless it's fifa or cod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Don't suppose anyone has an xtravision price? The thoughts of going to hmv in dundrum for it tomorrow are torturous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Seems a PC patch has already been released on steam in the US, funny bugs ones will be there for a while more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Is this confirmed?? Would love to pick this up this evening if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I too shall pick it up if said realease date has been broken. Just not sure now if tesco in wicklow sells games....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Is it just tesco that brok ethe date? Any chance Game in Dundrum broke it to? :D

I think i might trek over to Game tonight and find out!

The game wasnt up on the shelf but I asked for it and a helpful tesco worker gave it to me

so ask and you will receive :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I was in Tesco in Douglas an hour ago. No joy.

Any more confirmations that Tesco stores are stocking them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The game wasnt up on the shelf but I asked for it and a helpful tesco worker gave it to me

so ask and you will receive :pac:
    It like to phrase it...

"You don't ask, you don't get."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Don't suppose anyone has an xtravision price? The thoughts of going to hmv in dundrum for it tomorrow are torturous.

49.99 stuck between this and MOH.. I aint that good at RPGs either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

49.99 stuck between this and MOH.. I aint that good at RPGs either

MOH will last you about 5 hours max on SP, maybe more if you're into multiplayer. Fallout NV will last you 100+ hours if you take your time and explore everything.

Its not really a hard game to get in to. Think of it as a "create your own adventure" style of game and play it how you want, you'll find plenty to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Krieg wrote: »
    Out of 9hrs ofgameplay ive had 2 ctd's and 3 cases of npc's 'clipping' issues where they were stuck. Not as bad as i was expecting. Even the ctd's were alrigyt since the game autosaves and starts up much quicker than fallout 3.

Enjoying it so far. Im not going to do hardcore until the second play through.
    Ive found myself weapon switching much more often due to ammo limitations. The customising ammo feature is a tad confusing but getting the hang of it.

My only complaint so far is the selling system e.g. When your selling your salvage, you have to go through a long list of ammos etc to get to the salvage you have to sell. Same as in fallout 3 but worse now that there are 3 types of each ammo type.

can't you just move left and right through the categories like in fallout 3 (Ammo, Weapons, Misc etc)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Dermo wrote: »
    can't you just move left and right through the categories like in fallout 3 (Ammo, Weapons, Misc etc)?

You get those categorys on your inventory menu (pip boy or whatever its called), but i cant get it on the trade screen. It just all items in alphabetical order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

experiencing terrible performance on my laptop [which can run everything in crysis on high], walk out the first door and i get 17fps looking across the town, played fallout 3 on the same laptop with everything maxed and it was perfect. need a patch, badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

experiencing terrible performance on my laptop [which can run everything in crysis on high], walk out the first door and i get 17fps looking across the town, played fallout 3 on the same laptop with everything maxed and it was perfect. need a patch, badly.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

:)

I absolutely loving it so far

The hardcore mode is pretty tough because you have to remember to eat and drink regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

doesnt really matter if you get it early for the pc seeing as you cant play it until tomorrow because the game uses steam and wont let you play until release :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd take a 10GB install just to sort some of the loading and other crap out.

Anyone got it on PS3? Assuming a 5GB install-ish?

Advertisement