Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

nightkin are like predators

i have a gun named "that gun" which seems to be sorting them out, i have to run around though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,526 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I like to plant mines

very handy for breaking enemies limbs etc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BArra wrote: »
    nightkin are like predators

i have a gun named "that gun" which seems to be sorting them out, i have to run around though

I use a rebar club and that seems to sort the feckers out nicely :cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Repcon Spoilers:
    I used 300 Rounds on my lazer pistol going through this place. Ghouls scaring the ****e out me, and then i encounter nightkin, jasus. The big one at the end was hell. Davidson or something weilding like a sword from a Japanese Cartoon or something :D Nearly ran out of ammo fighting the guy, got some lucky shots and knocked the sword out of his hands :D Lovin it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Repcon Spoilers:
    I used 300 Rounds on my lazer pistol going through this place. Ghouls scaring the ****e out me, and then i encounter nightkin, jasus. The big one at the end was hell. Davidson or something weilding like a sword from a Japanese Cartoon or something :D Nearly ran out of ammo fighting the guy, got some lucky shots and knocked the sword out of his hands :D Lovin it

Just finished that myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

This is just a major disappointment so far. Looks and plays like it should be an expansion to Fallout 3, hard locked my 360 twice already, much, much harder than fallout 3, its ****ing ridiculous getting gang raped by 3 flying ****ign bugs, or if you get attacked by a radscorp you can guarantee 2 or 3 more if its mates will suddenly turn up out of nowhere and ass **** you. just all in all a sub par game compared to 3. doesnt have as good an intro, the main story seems quite boring so far, and the first vault quest ive done (vault 22) has been complete dog****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyon got recommendations as where to load the attribute points? I don't want to put 20 hours into the game to find my character is set up wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is brilliant. They seem to have nailed what Bethesda didn't quite nail. The feel, the sound, the atmosphere is just a lot more authentic and immersive.

It's very like Fallout 3. I can never have enough of Fallout, so that's fine by me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Playing it since last night, only put a few hours in so far, but i really am enjoying it.

Quick question, the graveyard in goodsprings, has anybody else been up there digging the graves with no radio on, and you can hear somebody whispering to you every now and again? freaky!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Id advise against the perk/trait that says weird things will happen in game. In 20/25 hours of game play ive only come across 2 instances of it
    one near the starting area where there was 4 red balls lined up with some other things and the second was being attacked by 3 old women with rolling pins, although that was quite funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Moogintroll

What's annoying me, (apart from the crap performance) is that you only get a new perk every 2 levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

What's annoying me, (apart from the crap performance) is that you only get a new perk every 2 levels.

There's a mod for that, although in the originals you got a perk every 3 levels, IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyon got recommendations as where to load the attribute points? I don't want to put 20 hours into the game to find my character is set up wrong.

6 6 6 6 6 5 5 is a pretty good reliable distribution.

Krieg wrote: »
    Id advise against the perk/trait that says weird things will happen in game. In 20/25 hours of game play ive only come across 2 instances of it
    one near the starting area where there was 4 red balls lined up with some other things and the second was being attacked by 3 old women with rolling pins, although that was quite funny.

its a throwback perk to the original games, which had a lot of completely random encounters, think i remember one which had knights of the apocolypse, another with a monk in a robe with crazy good stats

also in fallout 3 the alien spacecraft with one of the best guns in the game

i picked it and i havent had any encounters yet but id pick it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

What's the quality of this on the PS3 like?

I'm getting a bit tired of buying cross-platform games for it just to find I've paid 50 quid for the poor relation of the 360, PC games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I have the PS3 version and can't vault it, other than screen tearing, but apparently that happens on all 3 platforms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Branoic wrote: »
    6 6 6 6 6 5 5 is a pretty good reliable distribution.

Mine is
    STR4
    END4
    PER8(-1)
    CHR4
    INT9
    AGL7
    LCK6

I took intense training twice, once on perception and once on luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I have the PS3 version and can't vault it, other than screen tearing, but apparently that happens on all 3 platforms.

I set my TV to 100Hz and it stops the tearing. No other "major" issues on PS3 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Haha, someone's been playing too much Fallout.

Yeah, I've played about 4 hours of the PS3 version and it seems fine. GAUDY shadows of your character on the wall, but I presume that's on all versions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

hours in and I've only done 4 quests :o

Talk about a time sink, you can wander around doing absolutely nothing and still not be bored :D

My main problem is procrastinating over the various outcomes of my actions lol

• Advertisement

in the REPCONN facility, when u go into the basement, u find a ghoul named harland, i ended up killing him after killing the nightkins

he has a key on him named harlands key, but i cant find anywhere to use it be it a door or safe, anyone know anything about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BArra wrote: »
    in the REPCONN facility, when u go into the basement, u find a ghoul named harland, i ended up killing him after killing the nightkins

he has a key on him named harlands key, but i cant find anywhere to use it be it a door or safe, anyone know anything about it?

Its for the room hes in, the mental nightkin/ANTLER gives it to you if you dont hack the door. Hes in the room before Harland.

I accepted harlands quest and was having a nosey in the room and he started shooting at me. It was the beginning of the end for him :D

Played it for 13 hours yesterday shocked i didnt try to select 7 hours from the pillow when i went to bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i keep getting attacked by gangs am i better off wearing my vault suit?

or if they see you and your not wearing there clothes there going to attack u any any way ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Moogintroll

There's a mod for that, although in the originals you got a perk every 3 levels, IIRC.

Yea, kinda feels like cheating though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

2 quick ones, where is a good spot to stash stuff for later? As I don't want to come bakc later and find it all gone.

Also need some help dispatching a nest of radscorpians I know there at least 2 giants 3 regular and a few baby ones, reason is I just know there is some thing cool if there are that many in a random open spot of the wilderness, I'm thinking hollowpoint ammo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

when they say hard mode, they bloody mean hard mode

i was doing one of the missions for eddie in the
    corrections facility. the suspicious trader one. As soon as I got near the trader, he starts shooting me so I figure fair enough and start shooting back. then two powder gangers come up from the back of his shed and start shooting me too. I defend myself, and now i'm vilified by the powder gangers. so I went back to the prison to get my reward and everyone started trying to kill me!

took me *ages* to clear out the administration building, i started it with 1 stimpak and 3 super stimpaks.. none left now, and i had to die/reload about 15 times i'd say.
    some of the weapons seem pretty **** too, for the damage they do when i VATS someone right in the head

--edit

can anyone explain to me how the non stimpak health works now? whenever I drink some water my health only goes up by 1 if at all.. and then it wears off.are stimpaks really the only health givers now, aside from doctors and doctors bags?

Am I nearing the end of the main story?Im doing the
    ringa dingding
    quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

or if they see you and your not wearing there clothes there going to attack u any any way ?

bump

calex71 wrote: »
    2 quick ones, where is a good spot to stash stuff for later? As I don't want to come bakc later and find it all gone.

Also need some help dispatching a nest of radscorpians I know there at least 2 giants 3 regular and a few baby ones, reason is I just know there is some thing cool if there are that many in a random open spot of the wilderness, I'm thinking hollowpoint ammo?

for weapons holding
    The ED E task and you get a flying robot behind you that can fire but best to leave him somewhere (beside a shop is a good spot)

For the rad scorpions
    flamer or energy weapon bullets take ages of running backwards and constantly firing, mines and dynamite wortk well too

• Advertisement

they will attack you if your rank with them is vilfied, wearing their clothes with get you among them until you fire a shot.

Advertisement