Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Nearing the end I think, started doing missions for the
    REAL Brotherhood of Steel
    by my own choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I noticed while playing today that even though my character is male some of the NPC's seem to refer to my character as a female. This does'nt happen when i'm talking to them directly but when they make comments when i'm nearby. Also my character seems to sound female when he melee attacks or gets hit by an enemy.

I've also noticed that when i shoot an enemy dead sometimes nearby objects seem to kind of glow green for a second.

Anyone else noticed anything like this?

Anyway i've decided to go back to Goodsprings and investigate the area around there til i level up a bit. The enemies around New Vegas are proving to be quite difficult.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've also noticed that when i shoot an enemy dead sometimes nearby objects seem to kind of glow green for a second.

Certain perks from companion NPC's might be doing that, there's a few, spotter from Boone, that highlight enemies with a glow.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I love drawing enemies towards NCR soldiers to get them to do my dirty work. Six golden gecko's against three NCR soldiers makes for an eventful battle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

****in hell the fights on hardcore mode are very difficult. Do Radscorpions have ANY weaknesses? Whenever I fight one I usually end up miles away from my original location due to the marathon running backward and shooting. Great game though :)

Also what is stimpack sickness? I got this once and I've no idea how I got it or what to do about it.

• Advertisement

Hardcore mode does not effect damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Creature wrote: »
    ****in hell the fights on hardcore mode are very difficult. Do Radscorpions have ANY weaknesses? Whenever I fight one I usually end up miles away from my original location due to the marathon running backward and shooting. Great game though :)

Also what is stimpack sickness? I got this once and I've no idea how I got it or what to do about it.

Radscorpions weakness is the tail. You sever it and they die, three shots from my rifle will kill them and its always the highest percentage hit.

Radscorpions are my easiest kills aside from coyotes and ghouls.
    **** Nightskins though. **** them in the eye.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its for the room hes in, the mental nightkin/ANTLER gives it to you if you dont hack the door. Hes in the room before Harland.

I accepted harlands quest and was having a nosey in the room and he started shooting at me. It was the beginning of the end for him :D

Played it for 13 hours yesterday shocked i didnt try to select 7 hours from the pillow when i went to bed :D
    You killed him? What about Antler? Antler is alone now ... He doesnt even have any legs!
    Antler says you are a bad, bad man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I got into the main NCR base outside Vegas (and I'm well liked by them), but as I wasled around the main building they all suddenly started shooting me. I've no idea why. I was close enough to the door to duck out, but forgot that it would autosave right outside.

I tried sleeping to see if they'd reset, but they still attack me, and my rep is still "liked". And I'd stupidly not saved since ages before.

But on the plus side, I got the modulator gun and I pity the fool who messes with me now. Killed an ant queen with 5 shots. And I felt manly doing it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

has anyone found
    the mayor of niptons safe house where he stashed some caps the legion gave him? it's not the nipton pit stop, is it? had a look around there and I dont see any other houses in that area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

humanji wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I got into the main NCR base outside Vegas (and I'm well liked by them), but as I wasled around the main building they all suddenly started shooting me. I've no idea why. I was close enough to the door to duck out, but forgot that it would autosave right outside.

I tried sleeping to see if they'd reset, but they still attack me, and my rep is still "liked". And I'd stupidly not saved since ages before.

But on the plus side, I got the modulator gun and I pity the fool who messes with me now. Killed an ant queen with 5 shots. And I felt manly doing it!

Were \ are you wearing rival gang armour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

For those playing on consoles and getting lockups, i recommend installing the game if you havent already. Ive been playing 10 hours so far on Xbox and no freezing at all. 3 hours on first char, then i rerolled and put 7 into my new char. Most i played in one session was about 3-4 hours straight.

As for Radscorps use explosives, even if your skill isnt high with the Explosive skill. If i get into a fight with anything higher than a baby radscorp ill switch to hand grenades and VATS there asses. Explosives have very high cripple potential. I didnt know crippling the tail killed him, ill have to try that next time. Anything that is trying to melee me and wont go down easy i will VATS there legs. Or if you fighting a Super Muttie with a massive weapon (Club, Minigun, Flamer) ill sometimes shoot the weapon out of there hands because there limbs dont cripple so easily.

As for the dude asking about how does food work. If it says 2HP(15sec) it will restore 2HP every second for 15seconds. When im low on health and not near combat and far from a bed I will click through a few food items and let them work at healing me over time while im walking...

humanji wrote: »

Take off the clothes of the guys they dont like :)

Happened to me too, I was dressed as a powder ganger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The wastelands groups are meant to be all a shade of grey and not just black or white, so why is it that you gain good karma for killing legion members and loose it for the NCR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Varik wrote: »
    The wastelands groups are meant to be all a shade of grey and not just black or white, so why is it that you gain good karma for killing legion members and loose it for the NCR?

That's weird, hasn't happened me at all. I've and gained karma for killing the odd random NPC, was never sure why, but haven't come across good or bad karma gains based on factions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

has anyone found
    the mayor of niptons safe house where he stashed some caps the legion gave him? it's not the nipton pit stop, is it? had a look around there and I dont see any other houses in that area

Haven't found it myself yet, only got tipped off about it when I found the diary there at the garage there, even when up the hill to fight about 10 rad scorpions too asit mentions its between there and the outpost doesn't it ?. Checked fallout wikia out of desperation but nothing. Beginning to think what ever was there was the reward as it was the 2nd note of 2 I didnt get the 1st one. So much for the 8000 caps mentioned. :mad: That's one very safe safe house :D

15 hours in and I haven't touched the main story or left the Sw portion of the map :eek: Really wish I'd picked that wild west trait as
    it the only way to get the alien blaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

NotorietyH wrote: »
    That's weird, hasn't happened me at all. I've and gained karma for killing the odd random NPC, was never sure why, but haven't come across good or bad karma gains based on factions.

I have, when cleaning out the prison with the NCR I got good karma for killing eddie and his goons, pisses my off though that you lose karma for looting the place afterwards though :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah is says in the help section, that you get good/bad karma for killing important faction members regardless of your loyalty to any group.
    calex71 wrote: »
    I have, when cleaning out the prison with the NCR I got good karma for killing eddie and his goons, pisses my off though that you lose karma for looting the place afterwards though :mad:

Yeah it's really annoying how you still get bad karma for looting after taking over a camp or town etc.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Probably because the Legion seem pretty evil tbh. At least from my encounters with them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Probably because the Legion seem pretty evil tbh. At least from my encounters with them.

Indeed . . . not all that surprising when you think about it. For one it is the NCR's aim to restore democracy, while Caesar's Legion seeks to enslave others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Just finished vault 11, fallout humour at its finest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone figure out the virus? I have high science and succeeded in telling him what to do but it still makes me play that stupid game?

Same with Cass have high barter but she refuses to hand over teh deed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

I have the best bug ever. Once I go into VATs and exit back out of it, the game never decrements the amount of ammo i have when i shoot. So I have fully automatic sniper rifles that never have to be reloaded! I cant wait to get a gattling gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Moogintroll

The soundtrack in this game is seriously disappointing. I've only been playing a few days and I'm already switching off radios around the place because if I have to listen to "Big Iron" one more time, I'll scream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Creature wrote: »

I wandered into some giant radscorpions north of goodsprings at the start. I didn't have a weapon capable of damaging them. It sounds like you are doing the same. If you go a different direction [towards the quest markers], the enemies will suit your level.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Anyone figure out the virus? I have high science and succeeded in telling him what to do but it still makes me play that stupid game?

Same with Cass have high barter but she refuses to hand over teh deed.

I'm doing that mission as well, I'll get back to you on it when I find a science magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

I know i'm going to have a nightmare this evening when I get back to playing. Last play of the game last night, I woke up after a sleep, and there's 4 legion dudes waiting to obliterate me. Their weapons are far more advanced than anything I have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Hardcore mode? How come I don't have to piss, sh!t or **** :D

Ive only put 2 hours into this so far and I'm loving it. Taught I was great getting 10 points added on when I read one of the magazines only for it to wear off a minute later :( . Great game, cant wait to get a day off to get into it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Anybody playing the game with a melee/unarmed build?

I'm thinking of using this build in my second play through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

matrim wrote: »
    Were \ are you wearing rival gang armour?
    Jumpy wrote: »
    Take off the clothes of the guys they dont like :)

Happened to me too, I was dressed as a powder ganger.

Actually, I was in neutral clothes. Didn't have a problem with NCR outside the base, just inside. I reloaded and went through it all again and they didn't attack me this time.
    calex71 wrote: »

That's something that really bugs me. I dont' think Karma actually means anything, but it's the principle of losing Karma for taking the stuff off people who tried to kill you. :(
    The soundtrack in this game is seriously disappointing. I've only been playing a few days and I'm already switching off radios around the place because if I have to listen to "Big Iron" one more time, I'll scream.

It's the "Jingle Jangle" song that does it for me. Hopefully the mods will start up soon and someone will recreate the one for FO3 that added hundreds of songs to the playlist.

Advertisement