Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

calex71 wrote: »
    hours in and I've only done 4 quests :o

Talk about a time sink, you can wander around doing absolutely nothing and still not be bored :D

My main problem is procrastinating over the various outcomes of my actions lol

That is the hard part i have done a bit of killing things and now quest are lost to things i would like to achieve i already thinking of loading a earlier save but so far loving the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Thats what I've hearing as well,I have gtx260,maybe I should have ordered the ps3 version instead :/.

Have gtx280 - crashed loads of times at the start so bumped the settings down... Not happy as I used to be able to run the original FO3 on max settings :|

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

matrim wrote: »
    What weapon mods have people got? So far I just have the magazine one for the cowboy repeater to increase the ammo capacity but am looking for other good ones

Got extended mags and a scope on my 9mm, good fun but not the best weapon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

zero19 wrote: »
    Got extended mags and a scope on my 9mm, good fun but not the best weapon!

I loving the sniper rifle great gun i use them most of the time , also Anyone know if you can get Enclave power armour and also what quest line is the power armour perk on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Minor annoyance is that the bloody crows show in the radar, more than once i've run off to see who was there only to end up chasing my tail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I have a fire-speed increase for the Cowboy repeater.

Where did you get that?

Also, the gun runners are beside freeside east gate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

My forumla for taking out the 25 deathclaws in and around the quarry
    anti-material rifle with incendiary ammo & psycho, crouch and head shot, one shot kill. if you miss and hit the torso just fire a second shot and it will kill them. I also one shotted the Alpha and matriarch

Tesla cannon
    When I got this I thought it was like the ultimate weapon but quite disappointing, only does slightly more damage than the anti material rifle. Uses a lot of ammo too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its for the room hes in, the mental nightkin/ANTLER gives it to you if you dont hack the door. Hes in the room before Harland.

I accepted harlands quest and was having a nosey in the room and he started shooting at me. It was the beginning of the end for him :D

Played it for 13 hours yesterday shocked i didnt try to select 7 hours from the pillow when i went to bed :D

i think ive broke task, did the harland bit, did what the idiot mutant asked, harland bit was fine, got the detaisl the idiot wanted went back to him and he started shooting at me. not sure if i bumped into him and peed him off cos he was turned round. Anyway now it just says kill the basement ppl but theres nothing on the radar when im down there cos i think ive already killed everyone.

anyone else have similar. any idea where the baddy basement is? i think i ve been there but not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

i think ive broke task, did the harland bit, did what the idiot mutant asked, harland bit was fine, got the detaisl the idiot wanted went back to him and he started shooting at me. not sure if i bumped into him and peed him off cos he was turned round. Anyway now it just says kill the basement ppl but theres nothing on the radar when im down there cos i think ive already killed everyone.

anyone else have similar. any idea where the baddy basement is? i think i ve been there but not sure.

.....hmmm sounds familiar.

i went into the room spoke to harland agreed to look for his burd, went up the stairs and he shot at me, so i left the room spoke to Antler went back in and killed Harland , gave antler the info and that was that. The the Ghouls uhh went on their journey :D

Best rifle i had was the anti material sniper with 3 flavours of ammo killed almost everything. Altho i reckon it was more powerful outside of Vats than inside it.

jeawan wrote: »
    I loving the sniper rifle great gun i use them most of the time , also Anyone know if you can get Enclave power armour and also what quest line is the power armour perk on ?

Complete the brotherhood of steel missions to the end its complicated but you have to follow Hardings line of quests. I didnt do that and never met Veronica so decisions decisions :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

W00t, there's implants in this game just like in the Originals!

EDIT: FINALLY! An effective way to make money, selling weapons I find on respawning Fiends! ED-E can carry quite a few laser RCW's :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Don't wanna go exploring myself incase i run into deathclaws :P What's a decent vault to explore without too much chance of getting annihilate?

Don't wanna go exploring myself incase i run into deathclaws :P What's a decent vault to explore without too much chance of getting annihilate?

Try Vault 34 xD

Nah just kidding, that place nearly tore me and Boone alive, sorry I haven't been to any others.

One fo the vaults is empty its either 11 or 3 :o

BAAAAAAH!

To use the Plasma Caster I need 8 strength, I have 4, so that means I'll need the weapons handling perk, a Strength implant and Power Armour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

.....hmmm sounds familiar.

i went into the room spoke to harland agreed to look for his burd, went up the stairs and he shot at me, so i left the room spoke to Antler went back in and killed Harland , gave antler the info and that was that. The the Ghouls uhh went on their journey :D

Best rifle i had was the anti material sniper with 3 flavours of ammo killed almost everything. Altho i reckon it was more powerful outside of Vats than inside it.

first time i did it i accepted harlands task and as i walked away some of the nightkins started attacking, i was just about to finish them off walking backwards and i accidentally targeted harland and took a shot at him, which then turned him into my enemy and he killed me in one shot...balls

funniest thing i came across, was swimming from the legion camp to find a certain thing underwater thinking no-one can attack me while swimming...wrong.. these green looking things swam after me and as soon as i got to land to take aim they killed me...from the water like... couldnt believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Not as far in as some of you guys, but I'm loving the references back to Fallout 2 so far
    • The Bishop family in New Reno, and "plowing the daughter"
    • The ex-Enclave vertibird pilot that crashed near Klamath
    • The Broc flower & Xander root = healing powder that dulls your wits (i.e. Per -1)
    • The Khans, NCR, etc.

Just got patched again there, got a prompt to update when I loaded the game (xbox) not sure what got patched yet still looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

humanji wrote: »
    You can, but you'll be killed a lot. It's what I did. The thing is though, every single skill is useful, so by pumping points into one, you'll be missing out on others.

One of the first quests is a good example: you have to convince a group of people to help you. One reacts to a high speech skill, one to explosives, one to medicine and I think the last one was to bargaining (think that's what it's called). So you can't really get them all on your own.

But you can find books that give you a permanent 3 points added to a skill and magazines that give you +10 or +20 to a skill for a limited time (just about a minute or two) which can help you get past those kind of speech related quests.

You may want to focus on one type of combat and pump points into that as well as one or two of the non-combat skills. Guns is handy as there are plenty of them all over the place.

and for the first while, until you have a character that's competent in combat, stick to the roads. When you go cross country you get eaten pretty quickly.

Looks like I'll be including guns. This thread is moving fasting.
    The game is sitting on my desk now. I'll probably only install it tonight. I was hoping to have Dragon Age out of the way before this but it didn't quite work out that way.

Man, I am going to be so rich after I finish
    clearing out Vault 3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

humanji wrote: »

and for the first while, until you have a character that's competent in combat, stick to the roads. When you go cross country you get eaten pretty quickly.

Forgot about that. Love that in New Vegas, being protected by the roads. Was that in Fallout 3 too? I don't remember there being too many roads in FO3.

Also, does anyone know how the leveling system work? I assume its not like the Oblivion system of level-matching the enemy to the player? Same with weapons and loot. Is this matched to the player's level?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Got this game yesterday for the xbox and spent the entire day playing it :D

I've come across a few bugs though like falling into mountains or the ground, and screen tearing but not really too bothered as it's quite rare.

Enjoying it much more than Fallout 3, I like the way there's a bit more colour in this one. I liked the bleakness in F3 but sometimes after wandering for hours in the wasteland you just want to see some greens, reds, yellows etc lol.

In the mission in Primm
    I got the incinerator in the level where you have to save Deputy Beagle in the Bison Hotel, and my god it's some weapon :D. Went into the NCRCF, killed Dawes at the office entrance while I had the Powder Gangers attire, walked in and shot off a few rounds and ran back out and waited for them to leave the office and burnt them all at the entrance :cool:

So far I'm 9 hours in and
    I've only just came across the Legion in Nipton
    Spend most of the time wandering about. Haven't even headed North passed Goodsprings yet.

Also picked the Wild Wasteland and the 'slower, more accurate gunfire' traits at the beginning.

All in all well impressed with this so far :D

And +1 to whoever said there should be a quicksave function for the xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

One fo the vaults is empty its either 11 or 3 :o

3 definitely isnt empty. I went through it last night.

quarryman wrote: »
    Forgot about that. Love that in New Vegas, being protected by the roads. Was that in Fallout 3 too? I don't remember there being too many roads in FO3.

Also, does anyone know how the leveling system work? I assume its not like the Oblivion system of level-matching the enemy to the player? Same with weapons and loot. Is this matched to the player's level?

Enemies don't seem to level with the player like they did in Oblivion or 3, if at all.

Loot might level with the player and stuff sold by vendors definitely does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I got the incinerator but it was broken and nobody seems to be able to repair it. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ok, despite my rant earlier in this thread about the game being horribly buggy and broke, reading all these replies detailing various adventures and scrapes, it's becoming increasingly hard to resist buying this game

... must ... resist ... urge to shop ...

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ok, despite my rant earlier in this thread about the game being horribly buggy and broke, reading all these replies detailing various adventures and scrapes, it's becoming increasingly hard to resist buying this game

... must ... resist ... urge to shop ...

Give in!!!!! Take a week off work to grow a beard and enjoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

3 definitely isnt empty. I went through it last night.

Amen. Great fun, though!!

Absolutely loving this game, cannot overstate how much! Have nearly 40 hours racked up. Have been doing a bit of the main quest but am going to leave off that for a bit. Agree with what someone said about the Strip, it's a tad underwhelming. Tried to get back out to the wasteland as quick as possible, there's just so much else to do!

Anyone know if you can get a scope for the Repeater? By far my favourite gun :D Closely followed by the 12.7mm pistol and .357 magnum with extended barrell (will prob try the .44 soon).

For anyone looking to make a few quid when (kinda) starting out, here's a fairly simple way in Novac:
    When you go to Cliff Briscoe you'll see he has 'That Gun'. Go back to the place at night when he's not there, pick the lock on the door behind him, steal it and sell it back to him the next day! :D You'll get more if you have that good price deal from the ould wan in the office at novac.

quarryman wrote: »

Its the oppossite when a Nightkin butt rapes you, you go off and level up then you go back and bring death to him, his missus, the kids, the freinds of family actually anyone in the same area as him.

Quite fond of the Anti Material long shot or 2 then run with Death Fist/Chainsaw and finish them up close and personal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

did anyone notice very sudden changes in how hard the game was?
    i was having serious trouble killing anybody, then all of a sudden it just got normal. legion troops weren't trouble anymore, nightkins.. I don't see the trouble there at all they're made of paper.. the robots seem to be alot weaker than they were in fo3.

deathclaws though... ive tried about nine, ten times to clear out
    the quarry
    of deathclaws, managed to get about six of them once.. but then the alpha male saw me and I just got molested.

Advertisement