Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

deathclaws though... ive tried about nine, ten times to clear out
    the quarry
    of deathclaws, managed to get about six of them once.. but then the alpha male saw me and I just got molested.

Mines, mines and more mines. I spent longer setting up my "kill zone" than actually killing them once you stop them running they quite easy. I sniped the 3 sleeping outside stuck on stealthboys and placed around 20 mines at the entrance then started to bring them towards me. Wasnt many left by the time daddy came out altho i did have to snipe a few to get their attention. The kids took one shot each leaving just mammy on her own.

Also a companion/decoy or 2 gives you a bit of time to change your weapons mid fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I went up to
    the quarry and stayed on the cliff. The death claws cant get you one your elevated. The down onto the excavating building the ramp that you have to jump on and shot from there.

Anyone get the
    raygun
    I forgot how good it was :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I only have my science at 26, so maybe that's the issue, but when I try hack a Very Easy terminal, the screen goes blurry with no info on it. I can hear the computer typing the command line or whatever and when I press up and down on the D-pad, I can hear the click sound as if I'm scrolling through options. But sill nothing ion the screen. Any idea what's going on there? Playing on PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Is there anyway to breathe underwater for more than 20 seconds? Any scuba gear or something:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Jet Black wrote: »
    Is there anyway to breathe underwater for more than 20 seconds? Any scuba gear or something:)

You can get some off the Boomers i have read for a quest line i have yet to get any though

• Advertisement

Jet Black wrote: »

Jack the Boomer has something to help raise the lady.

• I'm 15 hours in and i still haven't managed to use custom ammo or modify a weapon, is it me or are there no clear instrutions on what to do? Any help much appriciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm 15 hours in and i still haven't managed to use custom ammo or modify a weapon, is it me or are there no clear instrutions on what to do? Any help much appriciated.

To modify a weapon, select the weapon in your inventory, hit left bumper. That will bring you up a list of attachments that you posses for that weapon. A to add one, B to back out of the screen.

Ammo types are changed with the D-pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

if you have the pc version, select the weapon you want to upgrade, press X and choose from whatever mods you have for that particular weapon.

The Varmint Rifle can be absolutely awesome when its got a few mods on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

After my amazon order arrived this morning I played three hours of it. Crashed to desktop. Didn't lose too much. Just after
    untying the deputy from the hotel in Primm
    . Feels very exactly like Fallout 3. Like it very much so far.

• Advertisement

I'm 15 hours in and i still haven't managed to use custom ammo or modify a weapon, is it me or are there no clear instrutions on what to do? Any help much appriciated.
    They don't seem to explain the new mechanics etc very well. If I hadn't played Fallout 3 before this, I would find it hard to know what does what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Finally got my hands on a full set of T51b power armour and a Gauss Rifle, trouble is the helmet doesn't go along well with the Four Eyes trait, maybe there's some mod that adds the helmet to the list of glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Anyone know the best way to approach the boomers location. I get shot to bits everytime and the tip i bought of that guy on the road isn't very helpful.

Anyone know the best way to approach the boomers location. I get shot to bits everytime and the tip i bought of that guy on the road isn't very helpful.

Hide in the houses until they stop firing, then move onto another house until you reach the fence.

Tip worked for me. 1st time ran along the cliff face and only took one hit. 2nd time did what he said and i found a line that was safe all the way in heading NW but staying on the left side of the buildings so only a few feet between you and cliff.

• oeb wrote: »
    To modify a weapon, select the weapon in your inventory, hit left bumper. That will bring you up a list of attachments that you posses for that weapon. A to add one, B to back out of the screen.

Ammo types are changed with the D-pad.

Can the mods be purchased or are they created?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how do I cure an addiction? I went to the doctor in good springs but there was no dialogue option for it. I had just taken some fixer, so maybe that was why? do I have to be actually suffering the effects of withdrawal to be cured?

Purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

humanji wrote: »
    I got the incinerator but it was broken and nobody seems to be able to repair it. :(

What about those weapon repair kits you can pick up? Would they work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

can i just say that having veronica run around behind me wearing a spaceman bubble helmet is very offputting....and funny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

They don't seem to explain the new mechanics etc very well. If I hadn't played Fallout 3 before this, I would find it hard to know what does what.

At least the game has a manual - it explains things in brief which are not covered all that well in the tutorial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

You purchase them. They are named things like ".357 Revolver Long Barrel" or "Combat Rifle Extended Mags"

At least the game has a manual - it explains things in brief which are not covered all that well in the tutorial.
    I usually do read through the manual before I sit down to play a game. One of the first times I actually forget to, and I regret it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just found a pretty lolzy bug

it's in the train tunnel, near vault 34. it's a short little tunnel, but there's a small room about halfway down which is there.. graphically, but if you go near it you just fall straight out of the map and respawn at the other end of the tunnel. it reminded me of the +noclip days in quake, I wonder why everything outside of the map is always purple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Strong Back perk is the way to go if playing on hardcore, hell even if your the type that just likes to carry everything with you and not stash it. Made hardcore a hell of a lot less troublesome for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I hate ED-E but I need the extra inventory space badly. Are future companions more combat savvy or do they all get killed by 1-2 hits? Or if its a Deathclaw he comically explodes after the first swipe lol.

Also where do I get weapon mods? The only one I've seen so far is the 10 mm silencer sold by the guy in the gift shop in Novac.

Gun Runners had the best of gear from all of the shops, Mick and Ralph have goodies too (also hold out weapons) but you need speech to get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is it just me or do you only get to select "perks" after every 2nd level up ?

I can assign points after each level up, but only use the perks part after every 2nd level.

Is this a glitch in my game, or is it the general way ? Also, anyone know what the level cap is ?

Sorry if this has been posted already, just used to fallout 3 being able to get a perk with every level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

PandyAndy wrote: »
    What about those weapon repair kits you can pick up? Would they work?

They only repair the item you currently have equipped. But because it's broken, I can't equip it. I think that's what I get for using grenades to solve my problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is it just me or do you only get to select "perks" after every 2nd level up ?

I can assign points after each level up, but only use the perks part after every 2nd level.

Is this a glitch in my game, or is it the general way ? Also, anyone know what the level cap is ?

Sorry if this has been posted already, just used to fallout 3 being able to get a perk with every level
    It's meant to be that way. I think someone said before that FO3 was something like a new perk every 3 levels or something.

Advertisement