Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is it just me or do you only get to select "perks" after every 2nd level up ?

I can assign points after each level up, but only use the perks part after every 2nd level.

Is this a glitch in my game, or is it the general way ? Also, anyone know what the level cap is ?

Sorry if this has been posted already, just used to fallout 3 being able to get a perk with every level

Perks are every 2 levels, level cap is 30.

humanji wrote: »
    It's meant to be that way. I think someone said before that FO3 was something like a new perk every 3 levels or something.

Fo1 and 2 was every 3 levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

its fine, you only get to pick a perk every two levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

And you get perks from some quests too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

In the previous games there was a trait that resulted in perks only appearing every 4 levels. You really appreciate the little ways they bend the rules when they're not being handed out every level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Think I'm gliched on the come fly with me mission :mad:

I have
    Cleared the Nightkin out of the basment and am on my way back up to report to Bright that it is clear, however the door to the research labis locked and required a key , this is the door you have to climb the metal stairs to on the east side of the facility, this was locked when I tried to leave the lab to go to the basment so I used the west door out.

I can't seem to find the door on the west now or it's inaccessible from lower floors and can only be used as an exit.

I watced a video walkthrough of the mission and the reseasch door in the east was not locked for him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Okay, think i'm gonna have to spring for this game!! I heard there are no more subway tunnels (thank god) but did they replace them with other annoying sections?

If your companion dies, does he respawn at all or is he gone forever?

Are laser weapons glitchy for the PS3 (like FO3?)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

In Nipton. Should I
    kill Vulpes and the rest of his legion troops?
    . Any reason not to? Other than
    the legion vilifying me?

In Nipton. Should I
    kill Vulpes and the rest of his legion troops?
    . Any reason not to? Other than
    the legion vilifying me?

Na leave them be they will give u an easy mission and pissing the legion off will maek the mission you get from the guy in the 1st house on the left when entering nipton that bit harder.

what quest, the one where u have to spread the word of the legion?

who do you spread the word to though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

BArra wrote: »
    what quest, the one where u have to spread the word of the legion?

who do you spread the word to though?

Go down to the Mojave Outpost at the south of the map.

This is probably a stupid question lads but its driving me nuts at the moment. Where or how do you view holodisks? I've gone through every tab in the Pipboy but can't see 1 of them in there (and I have at least 15 collected)

That's the one I'm talking about. Just wondered if it was better to do away with him now....or later.

DarkJager wrote: »
    Go down to the Mojave Outpost at the south of the map.

This is probably a stupid question lads but its driving me nuts at the moment. Where or how do you view holodisks? I've gone through every tab in the Pipboy but can't see 1 of them in there (and I have at least 15 collected)
    I think they are under the 'Misc' section of the 'Data' menu in your Pipboy. Not sure though

Jaysus,
    Legus Lanius is more powerful than a deathclaw, keeps killing me in one hit, I really want to get to the end but my speech is not high enough to pass him and even with my Gauss Rifle I am no match for him, any help other than load back and level up speech?

Hey everyone, here's a tip, max out speech :D

Encountered a bug i think....

In this play through i sided with the NCR, i'm up to level 27 or so with plenty of good karma with them.

I entered the NCR post on the strip to finish the part concerning the boomers, did that and then took the next mission in relation to the King, but as i exited the room an NCR officer approached me and said something about ''so you finally left the strip'' or along those lines and they attacked me. I ran outside and tried to avoid them thinking i could bypass those two and it would go away but all of them started to attack me then.

Since i ruined my auto save by leaving the room i had to reload a manual save which was an hour back :mad:

It couldn't have been triggered by the guest i took and my karma with them was good, plus i hadn't even left the strip. Going straight back and going to manual save this time before i take that quest.

im about to complete the helious one power plant bit where you turn on the power and have 5 choices, what did everyone pick?

i believe choosing archimedes lets u get a laser targeting system that can be used once a day but all the ncr die at helious one

hmmm :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I just done the quest
    "We are Legion" Where you have to massacre every NCR officer in,
    jaysus the name slips my mind, something hope something something...The reason i did it was cause it seems NCR are everywhere. Half the places you go to have NCR member at them and half the quests im doing are for the NCR. Whats the point in playing it up that you have a choice of NCR or Legion alliance when after 16 hours of play and lvl 11 im on NCRs cock the whole time?

So i wipe out the camp and raze all the building to the ground and pour salt on the ruins. Why did i do it? I have no idea, for the lulz. I havent even met Ceasar and dont know his philosophy but i did it anyway. I return to the dude that gives me the quest. He gives me unique Machete, right so cool. So im wandering about and encounter NCR rangers and they are all buddy buddy with me? Whats the ****ing point? The reputation system seems pointless. And goodsprings likes me. Yeah so what? What do i gain from that? Im tempted to just go there and wipe them all out just cause the rep system seems pointless so it wont make much a difference anyway.

Also. I walk into VanGraffs in Freeside (playing an energy weps char) and see all the sweet ass tech they have there. Jackpot! Say bye bye Lazer Pistol. And what do they sell? Only Lazers pistols? WTF? I cleared all the questlines for them and still only selling Lazer Pistols?

End of Rant. Annoying day at work, just need to vent something anything. Better than punching the head of me wife again, right? RIGHT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

spoilers people!

jeez...

Anyone ever get anything good from the
    NCR 2 way radio or found the troops / support useful
    ???? Just got it and havent really used it much yet.

whats it do?

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who thinks that ammo is fairly scarce in this game?

BArra wrote: »
    whats it do?

When you are liked enough by
    the nrc a ranger runs up to you and gives you a radio, with it you can call for a re-supply, troops or a ranger squad to assist you once ever 24 hours game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Am I the only one who thinks that ammo is fairly scarce in this game?

While Im not rolling in the stuff I have enough for my guns. You have to breakdown ammo you dont use thats in the same category for the ammo you want (large pistol, small pistol, large rifle etc) and craft some for large hauls of the stuff

Here's one for folks who are much further on but easy on the spoliers if you can.

Having spent 30 hours wandering doing random stuff in the south and not having even finished the They Went That-a-Way quest. I'm nearly done with it lol just keep getting distracted :o but is it worth my while dropping everything and head for new vegas now ? Or should I just wait till I'm led there ?

It seems to me that the game deliberately slows you or discourages you from getting there too soon. Just wondering if going there now would make a difference to cool stuff etc to make things easier or what ever :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Hmm I was wondering that myself calex71. I've explored most of the south but haven't been an inch north of Goodsprings yet however I think it's time I bite the bullet and go to Vegas to get access to some of the good shops, especially the weapon ones. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Right so have a bit of a problem here, not sure if its a spoiler or not but here we go (Its very early in the game):
    Im doing the 'My kind of town' quest and i went straight to the NCRCF, i havent saved the game manually since i started just relyed on autosave,went in the door of the visitor center and got mauled straight away, killed the fella i was supposed to talk to by accident and now cant kill all of the people in there without them killing me first for the life of me, any tips on how to kill them or will i have to start over ?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Right so have a bit of a problem here, not sure if its a spoiler or not but here we go (Its very early in the game):
    Im doing the 'My kind of town' quest and i went straight to the NCRCF, i havent saved the game manually since i started just relyed on autosave,went in the door of the visitor center and got mauled straight away, killed the fella i was supposed to talk to by accident and now cant kill all of the people in there without them killing me first for the life of me, any tips on how to kill them or will i have to start over ?
    Thanks

If you're playing on the pc you may be able to use console commands to fix it. Not sure which ones though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Having a little dilemma with Goodsprings . . .
    I started the "Run Goodsprings Run" quest by telling Cobb I would kill Ringo. However I really wouldn't mind doing the "Ghost Town Gunfight" quest instead. Cant seem to do so though, any way at all?

Having a little dilemma with Goodsprings . . .
    I started the "Run Goodsprings Run" quest by telling Cobb I would kill Ringo. However I really wouldn't mind doing the "Ghost Town Gunfight" quest instead. Cant seem to do so though, any way at all?

Your early enough into it to start again I think ? Otherwise hmmmm Talk to sunny smalls maybe or ringo himself? if all else fails just kill
    Cobb out come will be the same and the faction loyalty should fall with the town really.
    you can always reload if the **** hits the fan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

calex71 wrote: »
    Your early enough into it to start again I think ?

Not really, I went off and did plenty of other things in the game and only just came back to Goodsprings now. :D

Advertisement