Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Re: Boone quest
    when I found the bill of sale in the hotel safe and let Boone shoot her, when I went back to talk to him I said the only proof I had was a hunch as I didn't want to hand over the bill as it entitles the holder to 1500 caps, and I aim to cash it in. Boone got pissed off that I had no proof and now won't talk to me, have I ****ed up my chance of getting him as a companion now?

I had done little of the main quest as I really want to explore the map, but I'm loving it. Only one crash and very few glitches on 360 and that's about 6 hours or so in.

It's really fallout 3.5 though isn't it?

Yes pretty much reload an earlier save if you can . i wouldn't say it is 3.5 . fallout 3 was very much it own game compared to fallout 1-2 this kinda links to fallout 2 in story and certain people you meet in it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Re: Boone quest
    when I found the bill of sale in the hotel safe and let Boone shoot her, when I went back to talk to him I said the only proof I had was a hunch as I didn't want to hand over the bill as it entitles the holder to 1500 caps, and I aim to cash it in. Boone got pissed off that I had no proof and now won't talk to me, have I ****ed up my chance of getting him as a companion now?

I did something similar last night, and then I killed him in frustration! Didn't even know he was a follower. Think I'll go to a previous save!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Just got into nipton, dunno why but i was wandering around and next of all of the Legionary just started attacking me, anybody any ideas why ? They showed up as friendlys but suddenly turned red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Just got into nipton, dunno why but i was wandering around and next of all of the Legionary just started attacking me, anybody any ideas why ? They showed up as friendlys but suddenly turned red.

Were you wearing NCR armour or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What were you wearing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Yep, NCR armor. I loaded up a save previous to that and ill change armor now.
    Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Loco wrote: »
    I did something similar last night, and then I killed him in frustration! Didn't even know he was a follower. Think I'll go to a previous save!

He's probably the best companion so that's a good idea.
    Yep, NCR armor. I loaded up a save previous to that and ill change armor now.
    Thanks lads.

Kill them all!

The story's after getting really good.
    I have a ton of options now that I have the chip. I'm not sure what I'll do yet though.I have all my guns back now at the Legion base so I might kill everyone and free Benny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Dammit, I've done a bit since incorrectly doing boones quest, and was gonna see if the way I did it plays out as it'll be worth a few quid, now that I hear he's the best companion I'm not sure! This game is so fiendish I love it !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some excellent mods released already for it as well (pc only obviously). Definitely try the 1st one on the below list if you are having frame rate issues.

http://www.ripten.com/2010/10/24/five-essential-pc-mods-for-fallout-new-vegas/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

You tried any of the Mods yourself? Are these likely to start messing with my game if updates are rolled out through Steam? are they easy to remove/deactivate if they do? Sorry, new to the whole mods thing. Been getting smoothish frame rates, but a lot of stuttering when turning or bringing large objects into the field of view. Happened in Fallout 3 too untill they realesed a patch several months afterwards too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    The story's after getting really good.
    I have a ton of options now that I have the chip. I'm not sure what I'll do yet though.I have all my guns back now at the Legion base so I might kill everyone and free Benny.

You seem to be in the same spot as me. Did you
    go down into the bunker and do what Mr House wanted you to?
    . If so, am I right in saying that you can
    kill house and betray Caesar and take over Vegas yourself using Yes Man
    ? That's the way I'm reading it anyway, could be ar*eways altogether! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Kiith wrote: »
    Some excellent mods released already for it as well (pc only obviously). Definitely try the 1st one on the below list if you are having frame rate issues.

Cool, it even has free play after the ending! :D

Just tried the performance boost one there. Brilliant. Pretty much all the sturrering is gone now. Poof! Thanks for that. I recommend that everyone use it if you are having problems. It did reset my video settings to medium, just had to put them back up myself.

Just tried the performance boost one there. Brilliant. Pretty much all the sturrering is gone now. Poof! Thanks for that. I recommend that everyone use it if you are having problems. It did reset my video settings to medium, just had to put them back up myself.

You talking about the http://www.ripten.com/2010/10/24/fiv...out-new-vegas/ link?

Blocked in work but I'll defo give it a shot when I get home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I have the d3d9 perf fix, URWL and Empirical Weather :)

URWL takes a while to get used to, things look strange without the brownish overlay.

EDIT:

DO NOT USE MTUI!!!!

There is a superior alternative called Darnified UI, available (in beta currently) here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1128267-wipzbeta-darnified-ui-nv/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

And that concludes fallout new vegas.... Now for a second playthrough

The game overall is a good contender for GOTY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You seem to be in the same spot as me. Did you
    go down into the bunker and do what Mr House wanted you to?
    . If so, am I right in saying that you can
    kill house and betray Caesar and take over Vegas yourself using Yes Man
    ? That's the way I'm reading it anyway, could be ar*eways altogether! :pac:

ENDING SPOILER
    i did that and it doesnt exactly work out that way, wont be doing that again on this save file.

Loco wrote: »
    You talking about the http://www.ripten.com/2010/10/24/fiv...out-new-vegas/ link?

Blocked in work but I'll defo give it a shot when I get home!
    This one:

First thing on the list, under 1 and 1(a) depending on your card. It's really easy to uninstall/remove too.
    DO NOT USE MTUI!!!!
    I decided to hold off on that one for now. I really think the UI is rather unnecessarily bloated. So I'm looking forward to having that one. But it seemed rather 'difficult' to remove once installed. To me, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I was playing on high settings without issue for hours. Then I got to North Vegas, and suddenly it's become a slideshow. Still a bit stuttery after lowering the settings significantly.

Restarting doesn't fix it. Older saves work normally.

It's odd. Badly optimised maps around there I guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

You tried any of the Mods yourself? Are these likely to start messing with my game if updates are rolled out through Steam? are they easy to remove/deactivate if they do? Sorry, new to the whole mods thing. Been getting smoothish frame rates, but a lot of stuttering when turning or bringing large objects into the field of view. Happened in Fallout 3 too untill they realesed a patch several months afterwards too.

This is for FO3 but I presume NV works much the same. Mods are installed by placing the appropriate files in the DATA directory, a main mod file (.esm) and its other supporting files.

Mods are included in the game by selecting the appropriate mod data file (.esm) to include before launching the game (Same as the add-on DLC for FO3).

In general uninstalling a mod requires no more than not including the the mod file at launch (and deleting it and its supporting files if you never want to use it again).

It is possible that some mods may exist that alter core game files (I haven't come across any myself) so if some did I could see a potential for a problem with Steam. I have used 5-6 on FO3 so far and they have all been standalone.

• Advertisement

This one:

First thing on the list, under 1 and 1(a) depending on your card. It's really easy to uninstall/remove too.

I decided to hold off on that one for now. I really think the UI is rather unnecessarily bloated. So I'm looking forward to having that one. But it seemed rather 'difficult' to remove once installed. To me, anyway.

Cheers

I also don't like the UI

I hate having to bring up the whole pip-boy everytime you want to check the map. Would be nice to get an option for a cut down on-screen map

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone know the best way to approach the boomers location. I get shot to bits everytime and the tip i bought of that guy on the road isn't very helpful.

Having Turbo with ya aswell helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

I feel like I’m giving answers they want to hear.

I’m to chicken to give the answers that come across as snide and smart.

i think I’m going to approach the game differently where if I feel like been cheeky I will & if I feel like blasting them i will.

Has anyone else played with this approach?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

DO NOT USE MTUI!!!!

There is a superior alternative called Darnified UI, available (in beta currently) here: http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1128267-wipzbeta-darnified-ui-nv/

Venom is right. Darnified UI is a fantastic mod, and a must have for both Fallout 3 and New Vegas. It's always the 1st mod that is installed for me.

And ya, i'm using most of these mods, as well as a few weapon mods (more for the looks then anything else). The files get dropped in your FO:NV\Data\ folder, and you just activate\deactivate them through the launcher. Some need you to copy/paste a folder or two, but they are pretty easy to do and un-do.

LAST MISSION SPOILER
    Jaysus,
    Legus Lanius is more powerful than a deathclaw, keeps killing me in one hit, I really want to get to the end but my speech is not high enough to pass him and even with my Gauss Rifle I am no match for him, any help other than load back and level up speech?

Hey everyone, here's a tip, max out speech :D
    Prob too late to tell ya now but I was having massive trouble with this too. So I just turned down the Difficulty to "Very Easy" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i think I’m going to approach the game differently where if I feel like been cheeky I will & if I feel like blasting them i will.

Yes I have. I think its because i don't want to miss anything.

I reckon the best thing to do is complete it once then play again completely differently. Be the baddest baseball wielding retarded killing machine and see how the game changes for you.

Well thats me done :D..Kinda just stuck to the main story line mostly so kinda flew through it.Was fun being a woman..Now for round 2 as a man :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Depends who im talking to in it, if it isn’t NCR or somebody i assume is good im cheeky, random ones ive come across who i think maybe holding something good on them, i chat nicely and then blow their head off and take what they got.

The lotto winner in Nipton thought he was free, i took him down when he was a good bit away :pac:

Also the guy you meet there who is injured, cheeky fu*k, beat him with a hammer then reloaded a save haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Also the guy you meet there who is injured, cheeky fu*k, beat him with a hammer then reloaded a save haha

Is he the guy with the
    two broken legs
    ?

• Advertisement

• Two major glitches wich have made me lose hours on my play which is extremly frustrating:

1:
    The Euclid's C-Finder after targeting an area will sometimes not fire, leading to a tracking beams constantly following your movements.
    2:
    When I talk to Elder McNamara to turn in the quest for the power armor, he gives me armor and asks if I want him to explain how to put it on. I select "Please do" and he says lets equip it first and the screen goes black for a few seconds, then the screen comes back and I can't move at all. I can talk to him but he doesn't say anything about the training. No matter what I do my character always just freezes in position. The quest says it's still active and I can not equip the armor. I have reloaded the game multiple times, waited for time to go by for days, nothing I do changes it. My character always just gets stuck in position. Has this happen to anyone else? Anyone know how to fix it?
    GRRRRRRRRR

Advertisement