Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Can't wait for a New Vegas Mod Manager :)

Think I'll head out to look for some Remnants Power Armour.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Think I'll head out to look for some Remnants Power Armour.

If you were this will the brotherhood of steel or ncr attack you. I wanna keep ncr on my side because they're everywhere and I'd prefer not to piss off the brotherhood of steel because they're usually armed to the tits. If so is there any power armour that won't piss off those factions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Two major glitches wich have made me lose hours on my play which is extremly frustrating:

1:
    The Euclid's C-Finder after targeting an area will sometimes not fire, leading to a tracking beams constantly following your movements.
    2:
    When I talk to Elder McNamara to turn in the quest for the power armor, he gives me armor and asks if I want him to explain how to put it on. I select "Please do" and he says lets equip it first and the screen goes black for a few seconds, then the screen comes back and I can't move at all. I can talk to him but he doesn't say anything about the training. No matter what I do my character always just freezes in position. The quest says it's still active and I can not equip the armor. I have reloaded the game multiple times, waited for time to go by for days, nothing I do changes it. My character always just gets stuck in position. Has this happen to anyone else? Anyone know how to fix it?
    GRRRRRRRRR

for the 1st one save and reload and run!!!!!! As it may hit you, might take a few reloads been reported to work on the fallout wiki

If you were this will the brotherhood of steel or ncr attack you. I wanna keep ncr on my side because they're everywhere and I'd prefer not to piss off the brotherhood of steel because they're usually armed to the tits. If so is there any power armour that won't piss off those factions.

Complete the BoS line of quests and they give you faction-free armour, you can then buy faction free t-51b.

I don't think the Remnants Power Armour is faction tied.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Complete the BoS line of quests and they give you faction-free armour, you can then buy faction free t-51b.

I don't think the Remnants Power Armour is faction tied.

Must do that. The power armour is awesome.

Must do that. The power armour is awesome.

Especially the Remnants Power Armour, so nostalgically awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i buy random playing cards off vendors when i come across them but you cant seem to do anything with them?

anyone know if they have a use? i have loads of them now, i thought i might be able to assemble some kind of deck to swing the odds...so to speak :P

BArra wrote: »
    i buy random playing cards off vendors when i come across them but you cant seem to do anything with them?

anyone know if they have a use? i have loads of them now, i thought i might be able to assemble some kind of deck to swing the odds...so to speak :P

Read a few pages back I posted a fool proof win method, I "think" card from different decks are supposed to do something but I don't know what, I spliced up my deck with a good mix of cards from different decks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Advertisement

Omg, deathclaws are overpowered even compared to Fallout 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Omg, deathclaws are overpowered even compared to Fallout 1.

I encountered my first Deathclaw in New Vegas yesterday by accident and he killed me with two swipes. I was around level 17. In FO3 they were hard but not as deadly as that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ummm

can anyone help me exit vault 3?
    it just says the door is opened elsewhere... where the ****?

--edit

ah.. right beside the door

ummm

can anyone help me exit vault 3?
    it just says the door is opened elsewhere... where the ****?

:rolleyes:

control panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I haven't encountered one yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'm just gone level 7 and came across a gang of Deathclaws and young Deathclaws too yesterday. I killed a young one then two swipes from it's daddy killed me before I could get a shot at it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Melee does a surprising amount of damage. At lv 7 I got a sledgehammer and all humans die with 2 swings, the only problem with the melee build is that you are constantly repairing armour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Still early on in the game, anyone know the best way to kill the feral ghouls ? Heading to
    Repconn for come fly with me quest
    and just wondering what the easiest way to kill them is.
    Thanks
    EDIT: Best way to kill nightkin instead of ghouls, :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Still early on in the game, anyone know the best way to kill the feral ghouls ? Heading to
    Repconn for come fly with me quest
    and just wondering what the easiest way to kill them is.
    Thanks
    EDIT: Best way to kill nightkin instead of ghouls, :P
    Get
    Boone and bring him
    with you. Also, use a maintained shottie/service rifle. or modded Magnum. that's what I did.

Im already in the place now, down in the basement fighting the nightkin, finding it hard killing them. Done the little side quest where you had to
    Find the prisoner, she was dead :(
    nightkin chased me all the way back to where i had to tell him the news and then got killed, hadnt saved the game since i went down the basement, got mega pissed off so turned the game off :P

• Advertisement

Anyone meet the
    Lonesome Drifter ? Kind of hinted at the mysterious stranger being his dad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Thinking about getting this but can anyone tell me do enemies level up with you like they did in oblivion and fallout 3? I absolutely hate it.

You know how say your level 20 all of a sudden their will be super mutants armed to the teeth everywhere instead of say knowing in Location x there are really strong enemies so you need to wait until your a higher level sort of thing?

I've never noticed that in FO3 - definitely not in New Vegas. There's places you just shouldn't venture unless you've got the right armour/weapons/level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I've never noticed that in FO3 - definitely not in New Vegas. There's places you just shouldn't venture unless you've got the right armour/weapons/level.

Definitely happend. You would never encounter one of those super mutants with the gatlin guns untill you hit a certain level. Same for deathclaws etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

joe123 wrote: »
    Definitely happend. You would never encounter one of those super mutants with the gatlin guns untill you hit a certain level. Same for deathclaws etc.

If you walk north from teh start your in a world of pain, everyone tells you to avoid that simply cos the
    deathclaws are there

The game tries to shunt you a certain way ie south.

Nightkins bring loads of landmines or use dynamite in vats. No legs = cant run = easy pickings.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If you walk north from teh start your in a world of pain, everyone tells you to avoid that simply cos the
    deathclaws are there

The game tries to shunt you a certain way ie south.

Nightkins bring loads of landmines or use dynamite in vats. No legs = cant run = easy pickings.

Never had problems with Nightkin or Super mutants in NV (found them very tough early in fo3) even at low levels thanks to my trusty coboy repeater 3 shot killing them even at level 8 ;)

Radscorpions and Dethclaws are a different matter. Instant death or a hell of a lot of ammo thrown at them while back pedaling.

Not high enough leveled yet to say but I can say in fall out 3 after a certain point I no longer feared death by anything in the game.

Man them radscorpions are really fast, take ages to kill when they catch u on the surprise when your not ready for them.
    Also thanks for the advice for the nightkins, will try it tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Anyone know where I can find or buy an Anti Material Rifle? Im level 12/13 and checked the gun runners but they dont sell it (yet?). Also have heard some weapons require strength requirements to equip? Is that BS or do you need it for weapons like the Anti Material Rifle, Fatman etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

joe123 wrote: »

At what level do the death claws with gatling guns appear.

Anti-material gun usually does'nt appear until you hit around level 15-16. Bloody dear tho, around 7K.

• Advertisement

• calex71 wrote: »
    for the 1st one save and reload and run!!!!!! As it may hit you, might take a few reloads been reported to work on the fallout wiki

Thanks calex, this actually worked so my death beam is working again! It's brillaint when the game is going well but man is it buggy.

For the armour i had to revert to
    getting Palidan Hardin to oust manamara so i could get the armour training that way.

Advertisement