Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

humanji wrote: »
    I've had a lot of problems with Ed-E. I'll spoiler this, but it's mainly reporting a kind of bug with his quest.
    I brought him to the scrapyard. You're meant to activate the quest by talking to the woman there. But I already had spoken to her and so none of the conversation choices were there any more. I had to look up what to do and found another person to go to and then was kind of left with little idea on how to complete the quest (I could of read the rest of the walkthrough, but didn't want to spoil it)
    . It's a bit sh*tty that such an obvious bug wasn't noticed before.

And after all that, while I was sneaking past the deathclaws, Ed-E decided to charge them and got torn to pieces. And being on hardcore, no amount of duct tape was going to bring him back. :(
    Its not her exactly its something she says a keyword, go tru the convos you had with her already. She will say the word again

That is 1 3rd of the quest. Theres another 2 to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I repaired Ed-E and have him as a companion but the quest to bring him to Gibson scrapyard is still active. Is it supposed to be still active?

Yes. I wont spoil it for you but this quest is the sort of one that will take care of itself if you get me. Just keep exploring and talking to people and the quest will progress itself.

So I got my first (hopefully my last too) bug playing on the PC last night. Doing the associated quest with the Repconn facility:
    The Nightkin who asks you too find the stealth boys wouldn't talk to me when I went back and wanted to tell him they weren't there. Instead of initiating dialog he just became hostile when I tried to talk.
    I'm fairly sure you can just kill him when and it wont affect the quest but you'll fail his part of the quest. What I did was run away and hide then use a stealth boy so he lost interest. Once I was able to wait, I waited for 24 hours and when I spoke to him again he wasn't hostile anymore and I finished the quest. I made sure to tell my companions to wait somewhere out of the way too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Had a good and bad bug at camp forlorn hope luckilly I was able to continue and complete the quest.

I'll spoiler but it's not too story related really
    During the quest there was a part were i needed to help the doctor diagnose the wounded but when I clicked to examine them nothing happened just talk to the doc and tell him you dont have the skill and you can continue.

The other one was when you have to assault nelson with them I let the troops do the killing enter the hut with Dead Sea and immediately exited again and the troops shot him too saving me from losing favor with either side.

So far I'm neutral or better with all factions , talk about devil's advocate 35 hours in too :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

calex71 wrote: »
    So far I'm neutral or better with all factions , talk about devil's advocate 35 hours in too :D

Lucky you. I'm the marmite of new vegas. They either shoot me on sight or throw out the red carpet for me.

Lucky you. I'm the marmite of new vegas. They either shoot me on sight or throw out the red carpet for me.

I am struggling to up my fame with NCR, i have been mixed for ages now at making finding quests with them fairly hard.

I get the littles ones like find a dead body but none of the bigger ones.

Btw i was wondering if you killed every single thing you met from start to ehhh would you be able to finish the game? ie every single person kill em dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Heard you can kill everyone bar 1 NPC in the game (but not kids obviously :p ). You might be able to do the main quest but others.....no chance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I am struggling to up my fame with NCR, i have been mixed for ages now at making finding quests with them fairly hard.

I get the littles ones like find a dead body but none of the bigger ones.

Btw i was wondering if you killed every single thing you met from start to ehhh would you be able to finish the game? ie every single person kill em dead.

I might try that on my next playthrough for a laugh.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Heard you can kill everyone bar 1 NPC in the game (but not kids obviously :p ). You might be able to do the main quest but others.....no chance.

Theres a mod for that, i have completed it in a few ways now and assuming you dont meet certain people i think you could from quest 1 to finish or at least get to that place where it all ends by killing every single person you meet.

Must test that out, shall be very hard tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Anybody go to Camp searchlight. Full of Radiation, Ghouls and Scorpions. Is it worth doing? Any good weapons or finds? Sick of radiation poisoning!(i get the pun)

cursai wrote: »
    Anybody go to Camp searchlight. Full of Radiation, Ghouls and Scorpions. Is it worth doing? Any good weapons or finds? Sick of radiation poisoning!(i get the pun)

I killed a load of the enemies there with the intention of going back with my radiation suit and a butt load of rad-x and rad away but I forgot about the name and so couldn't go back. Might do it later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

humanji wrote: »
    I've had a lot of problems with Ed-E. I'll spoiler this, but it's mainly reporting a kind of bug with his quest.
    I brought him to the scrapyard. You're meant to activate the quest by talking to the woman there. But I already had spoken to her and so none of the conversation choices were there any more. I had to look up what to do and found another person to go to and then was kind of left with little idea on how to complete the quest (I could of read the rest of the walkthrough, but didn't want to spoil it)
    . It's a bit sh*tty that such an obvious bug wasn't noticed before.

And after all that, while I was sneaking past the deathclaws, Ed-E decided to charge them and got torn to pieces. And being on hardcore, no amount of duct tape was going to bring him back. :(

It is a sh*tty bug! Just go straight to the guy in the room with MR. Fantastic and talk to him about archimedes! itll initiate the first ed-e log!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

dreamers75 wrote: »

I remember there was a series of articles on eurogamer where a guy tried to kill all the NPCs in FO3. I remember reading the one where he killed everyone in Megaton.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheCrimsonClown

Does anywhere have the Collector's Edition left? Online even.

A collector's edition that's actually limited, you don't see many of those these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Have Ed-E and Boone as companions atm, absolutely cleaning up :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just found "romanes eunt domus" on the side of a building...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Spear wrote: »
    Just found "romanes eunt domus" on the side of a building...

People called Romanes they go the house?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,432 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

People called Romanes they go the house?

It...it says "Romans go home".

/for completeness:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Anyone know how to get to the south west corner of the map?

All the ways through are blocked as far as I can see, e.g. Mojave Outpost, Canyon Wreckage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Lol the Wild Wasteland perk I assume?

I found some charred skeletons named Owen and Beru, it took me a minute or so to remember where I knew those names from :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheCrimsonClown

Does anywhere have the Collector's Edition left? Online even.

A collector's edition that's actually limited, you don't see many of those these days.

Reposted for new page. I'm kinda desperate. :(

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get to the south west corner of the map?

All the ways through are blocked as far as I can see, e.g. Mojave Outpost, Canyon Wreckage

That and the northern pass have DLC written all over them tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just finished Vault 11
    First time in a vault in New Vegas. Man so damn eerie. The story telling in this game is fantastic. I love the little sub stories of each Vault and how they are social experiments made by Vault-Tec. I cleared the Vault and though, wtf. Then i remembered to go back to the overseers room and down to the sacrificial chamber. Goosebumps all over my body. The video finished and the loud sound of metal doors opening scared the ****ing ****e out of me. I died obviously.

Its been a while since a game has effected me like Vault 11 did. Goosebumps all over my body. Fantastic i love it. Oh i got to meet Kaisar. Nice bloke. More interesting than the other factions. We gonna be doing buisness i think :D

So I keep seeming to complete and fail quests I didn't even know I was actually doing.

So I keep seeming to complete and fail quests I didn't even know I was actually doing.

Yeah its normal it means you have just killed someone who had a quest and now it was never to be.

So some set of circumstances occured that make the quest impossible. I have 100s of those tbh mostly due to killing legion soliders :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Really annoying glitch on the 360 , when you pick a lock the computer terminal comes up also and is in front of it :mad:

I went poking through the game files of this.

Under the data/sound folder, there's the nvradio where you can play the music directly, they're just mp3s. Sadly there's little good there, but you could just start replacing them.

Under the data/music folder though, there's the complete Fallout 1 and 2 soundtracks, including large chunks of FO3 as well. Not sure that's really meant to be in there. Again, it's all mp3s.

Under the main folder, there's an alternate whacky credits instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Spear wrote: »
    I went poking through the game files of this.

Under the data/sound folder, there's the nvradio where you can play the music directly, they're just mp3s. Sadly there's little good there, but you could just start replacing them.

Under the data/music folder though, there's the complete Fallout 1 and 2 soundtracks, including large chunks of FO3 as well. Not sure that's really meant to be in there. Again, it's all mp3s.

Under the main folder, there's an alternate whacky credits instead.

The FO1,2 and 3 music is re-used, it's supposed to be there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

like 200 mines would stop Boone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I have Lily as a companion.

She/he will take down a Deathclaw on her/his own.

Supergran.

Advertisement