Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

If you shoot Boone in the head with the Anti Material rifle, then shoot him again before he gets off the ground his body will launch miles into the air. had hours of fun with this last ngiht! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

While I was playing this last night,
    after finding the sexbot for the Atomic Wrangler, once I headed out of the building I was attacked by three elderly women with Rolling Pins, I lol'd.

Not sure whether if that's programmed in the game to happen after that part of the quest or if it was a random occurance, but made me laugh anyway, then me and Cass pummeled them to dust...

YES! YEEES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Not sure whether if that's programmed in the game to happen after that part of the quest or if it was a random occurance, but made me laugh anyway, then me and Cass pummeled them to dust...

YES! YEEES!

It always happens there, but only with the "Wild Wasteland" perk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Half the bus stops and billboards in London seem to be advertising this game. Saw the ad a few times on TV too. They are heavily marketing this!

Wouldn't have pictured that all those years ago when I first exited Vault 13!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Got me mah remnants power armour :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

So im on my way from Camp Forlorn Hope to basically just wandering around, but im going to helios one and when i get to the billboard inbetween these 2 locations the legion keep attacking me, ive had to reload twice now because they killed me and boone. Anyone have any tips on how to kill these ?
    Thanks

Hm - I haven't come across Boone or Ed-E or whatever their name is. I do have Veronica though.

Does anyone find it annoying that sometimes when your companion kills someone, they show the death alá the VATs? There's often times I'd be wandering around with low health and get a scare 'cause I thought something had killed me.

Yep, im the exact same myself :P

Finally killed them, Incinerator came in handy enough :P
    Now to spend 500 caps on a rocket part :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Hm - I haven't come across Boone or Ed-E or whatever their name is. I do have Veronica though.

Does anyone find it annoying that sometimes when your companion kills someone, they show the death alá the VATs? There's often times I'd be wandering around with low health and get a scare 'cause I thought something had killed me.
    Press the Use button (E-button on PC). That will stop the slow-mo camera when a companion kills someone. It's not perfect, but it works for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

If you need Incinerator parts
    Go up the path to Black Mountain, sorta East of Goodsprings, and you'll see some Super Mutants with incinerators there. Pretty easy to kill if you have a melee weapon as they can't fire at you if you're too close. Also bring a companion if you have one to sort out the Nightkin. I think I picked up 4-5 Incinerators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Kill her and tear the brain out of her dead dog.

Too late now :(

So I'm after paying 100 caps for a prostitute in Gemmorah called Joanna. We get to her room and asks if I'm ready. Then proceeds to get into bed and fall asleep.

What a jip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

So I'm after paying 100 caps for a prostitute in Gemmorah called Joanna. We get to her room and asks if I'm ready. Then proceeds to get into bed and fall asleep.

What a jip.

I got Dazzle to pay me 100 caps :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

What a jip.

But it was just her that fell asleep right? :P

Absolutely loving this game atm, never boring unless your travelling long distances and fast travel aint an option but even at that you always find something useful along your travels :) Just got to vegas and need a passport because i dont have the money, anyone have any sugestions as to where i can get one ?
    Thanks,

Absolutely loving this game atm, never boring unless your travelling long distances and fast travel aint an option but even at that you always find something useful along your travels :) Just got to vegas and need a passport because i dont have the money, anyone have any sugestions as to where i can get one ?
    Thanks,
    Do all quests for King and he'll give you the option to ask for a favor. Getting a strip passport is one of these.

Or
    Go to the shop in Freeside (can't remember name of it right now, Mack and Mitch or something like that) and buy a counterfeit for 500 caps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Moogintroll

What a jip.

Same thing happens in fallout 3. Personally I like to believe the designers lead very sheltered lives and don't really understand how a whore works.

Same thing happens in fallout 3. Personally I like to believe the designers lead very sheltered lives and don't really understand how a whore works.

It does actually work. You have to click sleep first. No show as such but plenty of noise ;) I've done about 5 different ones between New Vegas Square and Gomorrah :D

It can only be done once a day though as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

DarkJager wrote: »
    It does actually work. You have to click sleep first. No show as such but plenty of noise ;) I've done about 5 different ones between New Vegas Square and Gomorrah :D.

And you call them whores :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DarkJager wrote: »
    It does actually work. You have to click sleep first. No show as such but plenty of noise ;) I've done about 5 different ones between New Vegas Square and Gomorrah :D

It can only be done once a day though as far as I know.

Are you Charlie Sheen by any chance.

Kiith wrote: »
    And you call them whores :P

Tired ones at that :D
    Are you Charlie Sheen by any chance.

Nope. Just a psychopath with a load of guns, a floating robot and plenty of caps;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Is there anyway to determine what armour my companion uses? Boone looks silly running around with a Spacesuit complete with helmet . . . ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I just started playing yesterday. I have to meet an administrator or something in Primm but keep getting killed buy the convicts and don'e have enough caps for mor weapons, How can i get more caps in Goldensprings ?

I just started playing yesterday. I have to meet an administrator or something in Primm but keep getting killed buy the convicts and don'e have enough caps for mor weapons, How can i get more caps in Goldensprings ?

You can't take out the convicts? :confused:

I re-started and i'm one shooting already. What are you using your fists?.... have you bothered collecting stimpacks as well?.... just can't see how anyone would have problems that early as convicts are simple to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Its only when there is two or three of them at once. I can kill one of them easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Im haveing real problems finding quests must of traveled half the map with out finding more than a hand full of quite short ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Its only when there is two or three of them at once. I can kill one of them easy.

You should be able to sneak around Primm and trigger only one at a time to come after you then. Don't just run up to one, cos if there's more in the area they'll gang up on you. Just spot one, edge forward a bit to pull him, then when he starts running towards you retreat and hide behind a corner. Then when he runs around the corner, BANG headshot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Scanned back through this thread but can't seem to find it:

I have a ton of weapons to sell, where can i find the best vendor with the most caps to offload it all?

Advertisement