Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Azza wrote: »
    Stuck at a certain point. Game keeps crashing.

Anyone know a work around for a crash at
    the Brotherhood of Steel base in the Hidden Valley. Its during the Edi Quest and I think I'm near the end of it. I'm just after having all my gear stripped from me and then the game loads me into a room with a stairs leading down to someone. Going down the stairs the game keeps crashing.

On the PC by the way. Help appreciated.

Happened to me twice, worked on the third time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Is there any place you can buy stealthboys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Jumpy wrote: »
    Its a diary and its in his room
    i just used a stealthboy and picked his pocket... my speech isnt high enough yet tho, so i'm just keeping hold of it..

seriously tho... this game is showing me how indesicive a person i am... putting of doing any real faction missions coz i dont want to upset any one..... JUST YET ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Does anyone know how much Knightkins are in the REPCONN basement..?

not too many

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Is there any place you can buy stealthboys?

No.

The places I've gotten stealthboys are
    RECCION Test Site (I got about 5)
    Old Schoolhouse in Greensprings
    some random cave (I think it was something like Bock Flower cave and had a load of giant rats)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

calex71 wrote: »
    Must be a bug lads but when you use a elevator in Vault 22 your companions appear in front of you.

I've used this half a dozen times for Rex and Cass, they always reappear there for some reason. Handy bug to have in case you lose them (Which is often).

Though Rex is a bit of a **** companion, I don't have the heart to leave him behind. Is there a way to give him back to the King, I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Has anyone came across the following? Is there a workaround?
    While doing the "ED-E my love" quest, when you get the message from the BoS to come and see them, my game locks up after speaking to them. I can look around, but can't pull up the pip boy, draw a gun, jump or move. I'm playing on the xbox, only solution I have found so far is to ditch ED-E, but I could really use his perk at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Really not liking Freeside, every 30 seconds, another door, another loading screen.

After entering the strip for the first time, roughly (%) where along the main quest would I be?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

Love this game, but i've had to bump up the running speed, it takes forever to get anywhere, and the bump makes combat a bit more interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Am loving this game so far. For me it seems like a continuation of FO3, which is exactly what I wanted. Although to call it FO3.5 would be a bit harsh as I can't remember FO3 being as huge as this. I don't think I ever had as many active quests as in FO:NV.
    So loving the game but have 2 potential bug and 1 query (PC version)

Query - While in Boulder City I cleared out everyone and then went to sleep in one of the rooms. Victor comes along, wakes me up and has a chat. Only problem is that he is now blocking the door and I couldn't get him to move out of the way. I was indoors so couldn't fast travel, so I just killed him. Will this mess up any quests. I guess not as I didn't get any quest failed messages.

Bug 1 - While in Clearwater Springs,
    the quest is still showing up as active, even though i can't find a single ghoul left in the place. I talked to the NCR and there are no new options, and it just shows up as an active quest. I have been in the Firestation and found the notes about the trucks being diverted, as well as the Legion Recruit notes about irradiating the place, but can;t find how to finish this quest. Any suggestions.

Bug 2 - Restoring Hope quest.
    While at Helios 1 I killed all the NCR (on a whim) and the Legion moved in. Now after getting the quest from Camp Forlorn Hope to go to Helios 1 and get the supplies, there is no one at Helios 1 to ask about the supplies, again any suggestions.

One other bug bear, killing quest givers. God I have gotten so many Quest Failed messages just because I kill everyone. It would be nice if quest givers / objectives would be marked so I didn't kill them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,099 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

pwd wrote: »
    They walk back to base. I lost Raoul, and encountered him walking to the lucky 38. Nice touch I think, rather than just respawning there.

I've had Veronica missing now for several days of play. She's not at the lucky 38 or the 188 Trading Post. Still says I have her perk though.

Something I've been trying to figure out - if you asked a NPC to wait in a certain location, will they at all point then walk back to base? I have a horrible feeling I may have asked her to wait somewhere. Where, I haven't a clue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Bug 2 - Restoring Hope quest.
    While at Helios 1 I killed all the NCR (on a whim) and the Legion moved in. Now after getting the quest from Camp Forlorn Hope to go to Helios 1 and get the supplies, there is no one at Helios 1 to ask about the supplies, again any suggestions.

One other bug bear, killing quest givers. God I have gotten so many Quest Failed messages just because I kill everyone. It would be nice if quest givers / objectives would be marked so I didn't kill them
    its on the way walk in a straight line from helios to forlorn and you will find them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've had Veronica missing now for several days of play. She's not at the lucky 38 or the 188 Trading Post. Still says I have her perk though.

Something I've been trying to figure out - if you asked a NPC to wait in a certain location, will they at all point then walk back to base? I have a horrible feeling I may have asked her to wait somewhere. Where, I haven't a clue!

If you asked her to wait somewhere she will eventually return to the trading post. You'll get a message saying she's returned there. Although i dont know how long it is before she does that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Why is it that wearing ranger armour reduces my status with the NCR from accepted to neutral? Seems pretty darn weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Why is it that wearing ranger armour reduces my status with the NCR from accepted to neutral? Seems pretty darn weird.
    And why is it that certain NPCs get stuck in geometry and spaz out uncontrollably. :rolleyes:. Ad that to the long line of bugs to be fixed.

Since the game is out a couple of weeks now, anyone got a good list of some good mods out there that are tried and tested. Ones that improve the niggling issues (UI changes etc). Not the ones that are game changing. There was a few suggested earlier in the thread. Anyone gotten updated ones or better ones.

I think it could be because the NCR soldiers might dislike the rangers?

Good thinking! Makes sense, forgot all about the rivalry there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

They are allies, seen that statue in the outpost in the southwest?

They are allies, seen that statue in the outpost in the southwest?

They're the same faction, just that regular NCR troops think that Rangers are all high and mighty, therefore generally dislike them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

And why is it that certain NPCs get stuck in geometry and spaz out uncontrollably. :rolleyes:. Ad that to the long line of bugs to be fixed.

Since the game is out a couple of weeks now, anyone got a good list of some good mods out there that are tried and tested. Ones that improve the niggling issues (UI changes etc). Not the ones that are game changing. There was a few suggested earlier in the thread. Anyone gotten updated ones or better ones.

Fellout is possibly the best of the lot , makes thing not brown. But when its dark its dark :D Stay out of searchlight with this mod on.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34888

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Fellout is possibly the best of the lot , makes thing not brown. But when its dark its dark :D Stay out of searchlight with this mod on.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34888

I prefer URWL combined with the Shader mod.

They're the same faction, just that regular NCR troops think that Rangers are all high and mighty, therefore generally dislike them.
    Boone is a ranger, right? When ever I had him come around with me, all I heard from NCR troops was praise for him and how they wanted one of him to follow them too. Doesn't seem to make sense to me anyway.
    So, the faction, as a whole, would not like you as much if you change uniform from a Soldier to a Ranger. Doesn't seem like a well run, friendly faction to be a part of to me.:rolleyes:

Boone is 1st Recon.

Boone is 1st Recon.
    Even still. It doesn't make sense that the faction should like you less because you are wearing either uniform.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is it possible that because you are wearing their uniform they just see you as some random ncr member and not you. The random ncr member wouldn't have done anything to earn their respect so they don't really hate or like you if you get me. Try some legion khan armour and see if it affects you're standing with them.

I dunno why but it's happening, must be a bug.

I'm now liked by the NCR and when i put on the armour it goes back down to Neutral.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I dunno why but it's happening, must be a bug.

I'm now liked by the NCR and when i put on the armour it goes back down to Neutral.

If the reason it's happening is because of what I described then I wouldn't see it as a bug. Saying that I haven't tested it so I could be wrong.

I know Cushion, i posted my last comment before i read yours :)

I know Cushion, i posted my last comment before i read yours :)

If I had checked the timestamps I probably would have realised that. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

May seem like a stupid question but.... how do you get the mods ? Are they only for xbox ../

Advertisement