Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

calex71 wrote: »
    Anyone one else stubble across dead wind cavern illprepared andd get torn a new one :eek: I has the
    most powerful deathclaw in the game.

I did,
    Legendary Deathclaw
    , picked up
    Mercy
    while I was there. Boom, boom, boom, boom, as Baldrick would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Scratch that,6 hours....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

That would drive me nuts, thats why i usually have 3-4 saves going at a time. save it every hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Patricide wrote: »
    Scratch that,6 hours....

Similar thing happened to me with my energy weapons build character, I lost about 4 hours of play due to a corrupted savegame (partly my own fault for not saving in seperate save games). I just gave up on the character and started a new game with a different approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

blaze1 wrote: »
    anyone now where i can find the anti material rifle?

I've killed the vann graffs on the mission with cass?!?!

If you go to Jacobstown, accept the mission to look into the source of the Nightstalkers Stealth condition, Marcus will ask you diffuse the situation regarding Mercenaries just outside Jacobstown. One of the Merc's (from what iv seen depending on save iv loaded) will either have a Sniper Rifle or Anti-Material Rifle (more often than not it's usually a Sniper Rifle). This was when I was at level 8 or so as well.

Bear in mind if you do plan on killing them you will get infamy with the NCR (or maybe reverse pick pocket a grenade if your sneak is high?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Can't believe how much of a difference clearing the cache made to the load times (xbox). Cutting massive amount of entering and exiting locations.

Hold LB+RB+X when loading game on xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I had to switch this to Hard. It was really boring on Medium. Maybe I got powerful guns too early. Also, I sent home my companions they were ruining most fights. Some terminals still come up blank which sucks.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I had to switch this to Hard. It was really boring on Medium. Maybe I got powerful guns too early. Also, I sent home my companions they were ruining most fights. Some terminals still come up blank which sucks.

Just leave them waiting someplace safe so you keep their perk and don't have them spoiling the action.

Ha, cheers, I never thought of that.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I did,
    Legendary Deathclaw
    , picked up
    Mercy
    while I was there. Boom, boom, boom, boom, as Baldrick would say.

Haha. I had a lot of mines outside of there. Maybe about 10 or so, mostly plasma - some frag. I lured them out of the cave and ran a safe distance before they triggered it - killing maybe about 4 instantly and wounding the rest enough for me to pick off, until there was only one left, which I lured to the NCR outpost nearby.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Im the
    beyond the beef
    quest atm and its cool :) also I got power cuffs and there cool,I hit someone and there head came clean off.

Im the
    beyond the beef
    quest atm and its cool :) also I got power cuffs and there cool,I hit someone and there head came clean off.

I got some nice brass knuckles called "Love and Hate" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

calex71 wrote: »
    I got some nice brass knuckles called "Love and Hate" :D
    Just North of Goodsprings? Got them also

The other Viper Leader has a Trail Carbine as well :). So it's easy enough to get a decent weapon early in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a scary moment last night.

I had been planning on taking on Black Mountain, and saved at the bottom of the hill the night before. When I loaded, I was straight away surrounded by 3 super mutant masters, 1 with a incinerator, 1 with a mini gun and 1 with a super sledge.
    So as soon as I loaded, I was on fire, getting hit in the head and a hail of bullets heading at me.

It took me about 3 goes to survive it, with both myself and veronica alive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I got my first core dump last night, I feel honoured. Generally performance has gone downhill; I got a few weeks of crash-free play, but in the last few days the stability of the game has gone downhill. Sporadic crashes - at least I'm saving regularly.

Crashes are really beginning to get on my nerves now, had my 1st PS3 CTD last night. Still no sign of a PS3 patch.

I'm getting more and more now, too.

There's one Merchant I cant talk to because it freezes every time. I'm going to wait 'til it's patched before playing it through again in Hardcore mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

on ps3 and my for the republic part 2 quest has bugged, supposed to talk to receptionist in gomorrah but she ain't havin any of it... really annoying cuz i just
    had to kill papa kahn in the oh my papa questline as i couldn't find michelle anywhere :mad:
    please god the patch comes out soon and manages to fix what is a badly broken game.

thebhoy wrote: »
    on ps3 and my for the republic part 2 quest has bugged, supposed to talk to receptionist in gomorrah but she ain't havin any of it... really annoying cuz i just
    had to kill papa kahn in the oh my papa questline as i couldn't find michelle anywhere :mad:
    please god the patch comes out soon and manages to fix what is a badly broken game.

Ps3 too and thought the same at first had to scroll down to see it. As for your other problem, i've the same problem too; it happens if you've already done the mission for the person in question, once you finish that mission they dissapear from the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Really wasn't expecting to like this game after Fallout 3 left me cold.

Nothing like trawling the wastelands listening to some country music :pac:

AAaargh and.......so.......many........quests!!

Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Really wasn't expecting to like this game after Fallout 3 left me cold.

Nothing like trawling the wastelands listening to some country music :pac:

AAaargh and.......so.......many........quests!!

Love it!
    Well I'm enjoy New Vegas more than I did Fallout 3 for some reason; they're both the same as each other, but maybe New Vegas' gameplay seems a bit more refined and interesting (like the basic Factions logic). That said, there's no escaping the fact that as intriguing as the Wasteland is, one set of rubble is a lot like the next & the game just can't match Oblivion for a sense of real wonder & discovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

pixelburp wrote: »
    That said, there's no escaping the fact that as intriguing as the Wasteland is, one set of rubble is a lot like the next & the game just can't match Oblivion for a sense of real wonder & discovery.

I find that the game seems like a more tuned version of Fallout 3, characters are much more interesting as are some of the quests and the fighting is much better.

As for Oblivion, nothing will ever come close to that game............except Elder Scrolls 5! I still play it and love wandering the lands, everything about that game was just right.

Dammit, Bethesda, get working on the sequel!! I heard they're finally changing the game engine so the sequel might be the first game to use the next one......hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm getting more and more now, too.

There's one Merchant I cant talk to because it freezes every time. I'm going to wait 'til it's patched before playing it through again in Hardcore mode.
    This was happening to me with one specific dealer. I bet you were attempting to buy some playing cards from him. It was crashing on me when I was buying duplicate cards (i.e. 6 of clubs from Gomorrah a second time) Just dont buy the playing cards from him and it should fix itself. I hope anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Ps3 too and thought the same at first had to scroll down to see it. As for your other problem, i've the same problem too; it happens if you've already done the mission for the person in question, once you finish that mission they dissapear from the area.

it just beggars belief that none of the software testers found these bugs when they were playing through. that or they didn't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I was buying duplicate cards (i.e. 6 of clubs from Gomorrah a second time) Just dont buy the playing cards from him and it should fix itself. I hope anyway.

What do these playing cards do by the way? Do you use them for anything? I've been buying them up any time I saw them in a merchants list cos they're cheap and weigh nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

lafortezza wrote: »
    What do these playing cards do by the way? Do you use them for anything? I've been buying them up any time I saw them in a merchants list cos they're cheap and weigh nothing.

A game called 'Caravan' you can play with certain people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-17-360-exclusive-fallout-nv-dlc-revealed

1st DLC 360 only.

Sounds a bit crap i want my level 30 murderer to murder more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

lafortezza wrote: »
    Used for playing Caravan with some dealers and NPCs. Didn't bother myself though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Any word on when the "significant" patch is coming for the console versions?

Am holding off on this until then. Loved Fallout 3 but don't think I could put up with the bugs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

penev10 wrote: »
    Any word on when the "significant" patch is coming for the console versions?

Am holding off on this until then. Loved Fallout 3 but don't think I could put up with the bugs.

There is no reason at all to hold off on it just for a patch. The game plays absolutely fine bar a few minor bugs that pop up. Nothing game ending as such.

Advertisement