Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

swiftblade wrote: »
    I got the same problem but it still allows me to play it. I put it down to just being a bug. :)

If it is annoying just right-click FO:NV in the Menu, select Properties -> Updates and then un-check "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Fallout: New Vegas"

Usually that "Steam was unable to sync your files" message only appears if the cloud server are down or you are running in offline mode AFAIK (apart from when it is a bug :)) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Is anybody getting a thing, were if you go into VATS just after reloading a weapon, nothing happens? Your character just stands there, usualy holding the weapon in a weird way. It bugs the hell out of me.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Just finished the game there. Decided to
    go my own way and make an independant vegas.

Was great. However Is there a way to go down the ncr route? My last save has me u
    npredictable by them and I have the dont thread on the bear quest so im not so sure myself but who knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

swiftblade wrote: »
    Is anybody getting a thing, were if you go into VATS just after reloading a weapon, nothing happens? Your character just stands there, usualy holding the weapon in a weird way. It bugs the hell out of me.....

Yeah have had that happen a load of times, usually with the cowboy repeater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I just realised I haven't finished this :/

Time to finish it and then start all over again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

zero19 wrote: »
    Yeah have had that happen a load of times, usually with the cowboy repeater

Same here. It also happens to the .357 . I hope they bring out another patch soon to fix these things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just realised I haven't finished this :/

Time to finish it and then start all over again!

Same here having too much doing side quests and random things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Still on first playthrough, bout 70 hours or so, lvl 29 just tying up a few loose ends before heading to the end. i've chosen my side. lets just say the old brush heads dont like me.

i'm loving the anti material rifle, so much in fact the i use it as a normal rifle as well as a sniper in both VATS and non vats mode. along with maria as my handgun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Still on first playthrough, bout 70 hours or so, lvl 29 just tying up a few loose ends before heading to the end. i've chosen my side. lets just say the old brush heads dont like me.

i'm loving the anti material rifle, so much in fact the i use it as a normal rifle as well as a sniper in both VATS and non vats mode. along with maria as my handgun.

Ah Maria, what a great gun!

Finished it yesterday, now I'm playing again with a combat mod that makes Power Armour powerful and the weaker armour really crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

zero19 wrote: »
    Ah Maria, what a great gun!

Pfft, I'll take Lucky any day over Maria. More damage and better criticals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Adyx wrote: »
    Pfft, I'll take Lucky any day over Maria. More damage and better criticals.

Ranger Sequoia trumps all!

Pretty much an anti material rifle as a handgun ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I've heard they've fixed the ink blots at the start, you know the ones that don't look like any of the options your given.

Xshdm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Is there anyway to gain good karma with a group if they already hate you?
    I'm vilified by the legion and was wondering if there was a way to turn it round?

Ranger Sequoia trumps all!

Pretty much an anti material rifle as a handgun ;)

Please tell me where I can find this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Quandary

So, got the game on Saturday...

I loved Fallout 3 but found the strangely beautiful depression of the Capital Wasteland a bit too oppressive at times.

New Vegas on the other hand - - - > in mcdonalds style - - - > ba da da da daaaa, Im loving it!!

Level 13 at the moment and really taking my time with it. I got my hands on the Ratslayer sniper rifle and wow - silent night sniping is the business! Its not the most powerful gun but my god its sneaky!

Im only 19 hours in and im already thinking about what kinda build im gonna give my next character :)

On the downside, the crashing sucks and keeping a stock of 20 saves or more is a necessity.

P.S. -
    Boone with a rebar club is the dogs bo11ox when dealing with robots in the solar tower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Please tell me where I can find this!

If you do the
    'Return to Sender' quest at Camp Forlorn Hope, eventually you find out that the head ranger (cant remember his name) at Camp Golf has been leaking false intel. Choose to hand him over to the NCR, when you do he will lock himself in his room and speak on the intercom, when he finishes he shoots himself and you pick up his gun

Alternatives could be:
    -
    Try pick pocket his 45-70. ammo so he equips his knife instead, then you can pickpocket the Ranger Sequoia
    <--- This doesn't always work!
    -
    If you are on bad terms with the NCR already just go to Camp Golf and kill him, he sits on the Balcony of the main house

I just find doing the quest is best sinc you will get experience to go along with it. The gun itself is awesome but unlike the hunting revolver it doesn't have a scope.

I just find doing the quest is best sinc you will get experience to go along with it. The gun itself is awesome but unlike the hunting revolver it doesn't have a scope.

thank you, i think thats one of the few side quests i've not done. hopefully it will still let me do it

anyone buy the players guide? i usually wouldnt buy such a thing but its come in very handy. i dont use it to cheat, just for reference as i dont want the story spoiled. also used it to find all the snow globes...ka ching!

Some of the mods available for PC are pretty damn good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

anyone buy the players guide? i usually wouldnt buy such a thing but its come in very handy. i dont use it to cheat, just for reference as i dont want the story spoiled. also used it to find all the snow globes...ka ching!
    Don't buy it! http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas has all the info you need about quests, NPCs, weapons etc etc.
    Only thing to be careful of is spoiling the storyline or quests by reading too far ahead of your game.

• Advertisement

lafortezza wrote: »
    Don't buy it! http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas has all the info you need about quests, NPCs, weapons etc etc.
    Only thing to be careful of is spoiling the storyline or quests by reading too far ahead of your game.

I already did! i know what you mean about the wiki, but as my laptop is busted and my iphone screen too small i wasnt about to trapse upstairs everytime i wanted to reference something. plus the giant fold out map is handy.

like i said, i dont usually buy guides but its a good book.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The mega patch is nigh.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/12/07/comprehensive-fallout-new-vegas-patch-imminent/

Obsidian have announced that the massive Fallout: New Vegas patch they’ve been working on since launch is almost here. There have been a few incremental updates to the game in the last couple of months, but this larger update should squash the remaining bugs and finally bring the game up to par.

Bethesda made the announcement on Facebook, saying: “We’ve wrapped up work on the Fallout: New Vegas patch and submitted it. Will let you know when it’s up on PS3, 360, and Steam.”

Previous updates have improved the performance of the game, fixing much of the hitching and stuttering framerates that players experienced after the game’s release. The new patch should hopefully clean up the rest of the problems, and bring the game up to the state it should have been in at launch.

Dying to start this game, but I have just finished a 95 odd hour playthrough of FO3 GOTY edition, I think I need a break for a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

marco_polo wrote: »
    The mega patch is nigh.

Dying to start this game, but I have just finished a 95 odd hour playthrough of FO3 GOTY edition, I think I need a break for a few weeks.

Rubbish :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Rubbish :D

I've had a sneaky look at the intro and a little walkaround the first town in the meantime, I think you might be right. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

marco_polo wrote: »
    The mega patch is nigh.

nice, won't be playing it again until they release some DLC though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I presume the patch will be released before Christmas? Can't wait to fire this up on Christmas day!

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I presume the patch will be released before Christmas? Can't wait to fire this up on Christmas day!

The general concensus seems to be that it will be definately available before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

nothing funnier watching my dog levitate in the air , surprised it doesnt rain in new vegas :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nothing funnier watching my dog levitate in the air , surprised it doesnt rain in new vegas :P

That would be very cool,if the weather did change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

That would be very cool,if the weather did change.

Install "Nevada Skies" Weather mod-adds rainstorms (with thunder/lightning), snowstorms, sandstorms and radstorms (also, npcs reacts to storms and storms inpact Perception and Sneak skills)

Advertisement