Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

That would be very cool,if the weather did change.
    I think he may be referring to it raining dogs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*facepalm*no I meant the weather lol..!

I meant richymcdermott. But i may be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I meant richymcdermott. But i may be putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 3.

ohhhhh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Thats_the_joke.jpg

• Advertisement

ohhhhh....
    raining+cats+and+dogs.jpg

Managed to survive the sacrificial chamber in Vault 11 and suddenly got told that the House Always Wins 1 failed. Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Managed to survive the sacrificial chamber in Vault 11 and suddenly got told that the House Always Wins 1 failed. Huh?
    Dunno, but I tried to survive that many a time before giving up(was only a level 15 or so). Good job on doing it.

I placed my companion in the center of the room and I stood closer to the door. When they started opening fire on my companion, I lobbed pulse grenades in on top of them. Standing in the doorway meant I was out of reach from the turrets, then I used the pulse gun I had discovered to take them out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Patricide wrote: »
    Dunno, but I tried to survive that many a time before giving up(was only a level 15 or so). Good job on doing it.
    It's actually very easy if you have a medium -> high Stealth & the Robotics Expert perk.
    Get out of the seat and crouch in the corner to hide. When the doors with the robots open, hug the walls and sneak behind the robots. Cue mass deactivation without a shot being fired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

That or a couple of Stealth Boys

There should be bloody signs outside Dead Wind Cavern, something to the effect of Warning: Freakin Huge Deathclaws Inside! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

That or a couple of Stealth Boys

There should be bloody signs outside Dead Wind Cavern, something to the effect of Warning: Freakin Huge Deathclaws Inside! :mad:
    For me there are about 5 permanently outside it. That should be enough warning for you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

There were none outside it when I went there, not even a whiff of Deathclaw odour.

Although there were several waiting to ambush me when I came back out.

It went something along the lines of "Oh thank God that's ov-holy expletive"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Deathclaws, absolute bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The 1.02 patch is now available for PS3 users :D and is a 20MB download. 360 and PC patch will be out sometime next week.

Top fixes:

* Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
    * Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
    * Fix: DLC error/save corruption
    * Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
    * Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
    * Crafting menu now filters valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
    * Weathered pistol no longer glitches when applying mods

In addition, this patch addresses issues with the following areas:

* Pip-Boy Interface
    * Pre-Order DLC Items
    * Reputation System
    * Radio Stations
    * Companion fixes
    * Companion Quests
    * Repair Menu
    * Caravan
    * Weapons and Weapon Mods
    * Hardcore Mode
    * Perks
    * Skills
    * Crafting Recipes
    * Crafting Menu
    * Mojave Express
    * Chems/Addiction
    * Doctors
    * Vendors

And fixes for the following quests:

* Ain’t That a Kick in the Head
    * By a Campfire on The Trail
    * They Went That-a-Way
    * My Kind of Town
    * Boulder City Showdown
    * Ring a Ding Ding!
    * King’s Gambit
    * For The Republic, Part 2
    * Render Unto Caesar
    * Et Tumor, Brute?
    * The House Always Wins
    * Wild Card
    * Beyond the Beef
    * GI Blues
    * How Little We Know
    * Oh My Papa
    * Still In The Dark
    * You’ll Know It When It Happens
    * Arizona Killer
    * Eureka!
    * Veni, Vidi, Vici
    * All or Nothing
    * No Gods, No Masters
    * Birds of a Feather
    * I Put A Spell On you
    * Come Fly With Me
    * That Lucky Old Sun
    * Don’t Make a Beggar of Me
    * The White Wash
    * Ghost Town Gunfight
    * Restoring Hope
    * Bleed Me Dry
    * Aba Daba Honeymoon
    * Tend To Your Business
    * Wang Dang Atomic Tango
    * Flags of Our Foul-Ups
    * Debt Collector
    * Talent Pool
    * Left My Heart
    * Someone To Watch Over Me
    * Hard Luck Blues

Time to start playing again,

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I haven't played Fallout New Vegas in about a month now at this stage. I got to the walls of Vegas but I'm wondering should I just start it up again over Christmas and start a new game? I kind of forget the story and haven't really invested myself that much in the game. I played Fallout 3 and finished it but didn't do many of the side quests, maybe that's why I thought the game was great but not brilliant. New Vegas just feels like Fallout 3.5 right now. Thoughts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

CombatCow wrote: »
    The 1.02 patch is now available for PS3 users :D and is a 20MB download. 360 and PC patch will be out sometime next week.

That patch was already released for the PC was it not? Certainly all the top fixes at least were in the last PC patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Well those top fixes certainly aren't new features so I assume they require patching.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Did a hardcore run last night and didnt get the achievement for it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Did you turn on hardcore mode from the start of the game and not turn it off at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

zero19 wrote: »
    Did you turn on hardcore mode from the start of the game and not turn it off at all?

I don't think it will let you turn it on after that , and once you turn it off it won't allow it to be switched back on if I recall - open to correction there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

zero19 wrote: »

No i did it in one play through, only took about 3 hours and didnt touch the hardcore settings. Ah well guess ill have another go over christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Did a hardcore run last night and didnt get the achievement for it :mad:

you need to complete the whole game in hardcore for the achievement.

Also have been doing a few missions for the NCR and in camp golf and forlorn hope, theres always a few khans loitering around? is this just a glitch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Did you have any mods installed? I'm not sure if they could mess with it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

humanji wrote: »
    Did you have any mods installed? I'm not sure if they could mess with it at all.

Only thing that would jeopardize any achievements are inputting a command into the console in that session (exiting the game and re-entering resets this)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,438 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Went to Vault 11 Yesterday
    Very cool. Not sure why the vault makers made them think they had to sacrifice a overseer to keep everything functioning - I thought the vaults were just merchandise rather than social experiments.

The bit with the projector etc was especially cool.

Best part of Fallout is these missions, no people in a secluded place but you find out what happened via audiotapes, notes, computer recordings, blood patterns etc.

I think a good few of the vaults were social experiments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I think a good few of the vaults were social experiments?

Nearly all, apart from a few which worked as stated. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

noodler wrote: »
    Went to Vault 11 Yesterday
    Very cool. Not sure why the vault makers made them think they had to sacrifice a overseer to keep everything functioning - I thought the vaults were just merchandise rather than social experiments.

fallout_1_sm.jpg
    Read the rest here :) (its well worth it)

Advertisement