Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

noodler wrote: »
    7th crash today (In one day)

Thats more than I had had altogether.

It defo seems to be worse the futher into the game you get, espeically at the far eastern and western areas.

Cleared the cache? You should deffo do that every other day the later in the game you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Just wondering if anyone else had trouble with the Birds of a feather quest?
    After dealing with the 4 NPCs I have to deliver the package, yet when I go to the area on my map there is no one there. It even has the blue marker on the compass that tells you someone is there but I can't see anyone.

Risteard wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else had trouble with the Birds of a feather quest?
    After dealing with the 4 NPCs I have to deliver the package, yet when I go to the area on my map there is no one there. It even has the blue marker on the compass that tells you someone is there but I can't see anyone.

Ah if I remember , it's in the middle of nowhere? The area was pretty hilly too. It was daylight when I met the guy if that helps, maybe come back or fast travel and come back ? Once you get close enough it should trigger the dialog automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah if I remember , it's in the middle of nowhere? The area was pretty hilly too. It was daylight when I met the guy if that helps, maybe come back or fast travel and come back ? Once you get close enough it should trigger the dialog automatically.

Yeah I just reloaded the game from just before it and he was there so got it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Patricide wrote: »
    Nope alien blaster was by a ufo I encountered. Still nothing by the vertibird but alls good, just a bit annoyed.
    yeah but the ufo isnt there if you choose wild wasteland . the perk effects certain things in the game so it may not be available . also did anyone else find the indiana jones reference :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

sierra117x wrote: »
    yeah but the ufo isnt there if you choose wild wasteland . the perk effects certain things in the game so it may not be available . also did anyone else find the indiana jones reference :D
    Shouldn't affect this particular weapon iv heard Looks like its just me.

Completed the game with the NCR quests, going to go with the Legion quests next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

try the ncr embassy on the strip it's down at the very end last building on the left, or talking to the yes man , those 2 arc's should still be open to you.

nice one, found the embassy, yes man didnt have much to say for himself for a change,

nice one...

trying to steer clear of fallout wiki just trying to make my own way through

blaze1 wrote: »
    trying to steer clear of fallout wiki just trying to make my own way through

I tried that myself , but got weak on more than one occasion :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Downloaded dead money today, not enjoying it much so far seems a bit boring but i'm only 5 or 6 missions in hopefully it will pick up a bit.

• Advertisement

Patricide wrote: »
    Shouldn't affect this particular weapon iv heard Looks like its just me.
    well i spent most my night (loooooooooossssssseeeeeeerrrrrrr) looking around the internet and i couldnt find any glitches or bugs out of the ordinary with this gun and your right wild wasteland doesnt effect it . went there myself in game and it was there . re loaded older save and it was there tried fast traveling and it was there ( and the god dam robots i JUST blew up where back :( ) . i know there are clipping issues with items falling through surfaces sometimes there just below the surface . one thing you might is going to where it should be and using the grab(RS) to see if you can bring it back above ground level(ive done it once or twice but its fairly irritating). other than that try an old save and see if its there . dont bother fighting your way through if your a low level character just run past the bots/ghouls and at least check its there
    zero19 wrote: »
    Downloaded dead money today, not enjoying it much so far seems a bit boring but i'm only 5 or 6 missions in hopefully it will pick up a bit.

out of my mates the lower level characters enjoyed it much less than me and other mates that had finished the game . probably because you sort of start over and loose all your great weapons and gear without having to start a new game .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Cleared the cache? You should deffo do that every other day the later in the game you get.

ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Dose anyone know if its possible to go into the Enclave Bunker up near jacobstown?

Dose anyone know if its possible to go into the Enclave Bunker up near jacobstown?

Yes.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Remnants_bunker

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So is anyway playing with good quest mods?

Jesus Christ, just made the track from the Remnant Bunker to Red Rocks.

I had to kill about 25+ Cardozors (or whatever) - my game has seriously problems around that area - If I died along the way then the game would freeze on the loading screen, also, if I now fast track to Red Rock Drug Lab it takes an age to load.

Still though - what a game, enjoying it far more than Fallout 3. Killed MotorRunner last night - was wondering how I would kil him without fighting the entire vault but Stealth Boy plus grenade in his pocket did the trick.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are you playing it on pc or console?

Are you playing it on pc or console?

PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Found an XP glitch there the other day. I was doing the mantis egg quest in Vault 22 for Red Lucy and i accidently picked up a mantis foreleg. Didnt hand in the quest to Lucy, instead i went back to me gaff in Novac and put the mantis leg in the footlocker by the bed and got 20XP for putting it in. Took it out and got 20 more XP. Abused it and went from lvl 27 to 28, wouldnt have bothered doing it, but lvl 28 gives a perk and i wanted one :P

Im on LVL 29 now and I only just met Mr House in the main quest (obv did loads of stuff on the side)

• Advertisement

So far I've completed the NCR side, the Yes Man side and now will be completing the Legion quests next.
    It seems like with both the Legion and NCR quests, the Brotherhood must die, which sucks because I enjoyed them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It seems like with both the Legion and NCR quests, the Brotherhood must die, which sucks because I enjoyed them

Not necessarily;
    if you have enough Fame with the NCR & Brotherhood (plus iirc, you'll need high speech values), you can persuade them into a truce, and even get the Brotherhood to fight alongside the NCR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm loving this game so much. Keep getting distracted and forgetting about the main storyline :) Perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bought this a few days ago ... loving it. I loved FO3, and this is just as good. What away to waste hours eh :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,097 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I thought I'd complete the final quest in this tonight. As much as I love the game, after 70 hours of constant crashing I just couldn't put up with it anymore. Took several attempts to complete the last quest due to the crashes...then when I finally got to the end sequence it crashed half way through. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Does anyone know a place where you can safely snipe the Deathclaws from? A friend of mine mentioned he did it to me a few days ago but i forgot to ask where from...

Also, anyway of getting to Black Mountain without attracting Deathclaws and without using stealthboys?

Does anyone know a place where you can safely snipe the Deathclaws from? A friend of mine mentioned he did it to me a few days ago but i forgot to ask where from...

Also, anyway of getting to Black Mountain without attracting Deathclaws and without using stealthboys?

You can go down and around black mountain through hidden valley but your swapping death claws for giant radscorpions

As for the death claws in the quarry you can get onto a ledge on the left of the cliff by jumping constantly . It's a little akward to do but with some patience they won't be able to hit you . You'l need a pretty big gun for the alpha male and female they have a pretty high dt and h/p count

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Surely the anti-material rifle and good supply of a special ammo will do the job?

Surely the anti-material rifle and good supply of a special ammo will do the job?
    Should do the job you'l want a high guns skill to compliment it . Supposedly. They'l eventually leave if you take out the alpha male and female so concentrate on them first in case your ammo runs low .

One thing I should mention is by the time I go into position there was no going back I had to kill them from the ledge or jump down to escape

• Advertisement

sierra117x wrote: »
    You can go down and around black mountain through hidden valley but your swapping death claws for giant radscorpions

As for the death claws in the quarry you can get onto a ledge on the left of the cliff by jumping constantly . It's a little akward to do but with some patience they won't be able to hit you . You'l need a pretty big gun for the alpha male and female they have a pretty high dt and h/p count

I'd rather giant rad scorpions to a family of death claws anyday :pac:

Advertisement