Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

To be honest, iv only had about 3 crashes from playing so far (with alot of hours play). And two of those occured before the game even loaded. It probably depends on the console or what hardware you have in your computer. I do say though that New Vegas is much much better when it comes to playing with mods, nearly not as many conflicts and have been able to run it smoothly with alot of mods. Fallout 3 on the other hand was a nightmare to run with mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just finished my latest play through, this time siding with the Legion. Jesus, that end video is depressing, as I also played as a bit of a **** the whole way through too.
    Sold Rose Cassidy out by bringing her to the Van Graafs (felt bad about that one). Ended up in an unmarked grave.

Shot Veronica in the head after she drew on me for blowing up the Brotherhood bunker.

Betrayed Arcade Gannon by giving him to Caesar as a personal physician. Eneded up disembowelling himself with a scalpel after 5 years as Caesar's intellectual sparring partner. Nasty.

Murdered Boone. Wanted his hat.

ED-E died down in Jacobstown.

Raul I picked up late on in the game, he changed his name and went off on his own as I never did his questline.

Rex eventually came to grips with his new brain and his new vicious self (Violet's brain).

NCR were driven back West. Followers of the Apocalypse allowed to leave. Novac taken over by the Legion. Khan's forcibly integrated into the Legion, and their womenfolk sold off as slaves to Legion officers. Old and sick killed out of hand. Boomers disintegrated after their leadership was murdered (by me). Brotherhood of Steel annhilated when their bunker exploded.

I definitely feel bad about that. Especially Rose and Arcade.

Next playthrough will be a good/House playthrough I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That was fantastic,I wonder will they make it into a series or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Fan video here

That was... class! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Great vid. Easily better than the quality of the stuff you see on the Sci-Fi channel.

The Fallout universe would make a great backdrop for a TV series. I'm sure this fan vid isn't the last we'll see

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 tommyp

On Hardcore, I hit level 20 with high guns and lots of extra AP perks, decided to assault Ceasar's camp with Boone in tow - as well as my favourite anti-material rifle with incendiaries and amour piercing ammo ! Loaded up on Jet, Stimpaks, Buffout and Physco.....tore the place apart though poor Boone bought it - executed Ceasar....anyone ever do this? how does it affect main story taking Ceasar out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

tommyp wrote: »
    On Hardcore, I hit level 20 with high guns and lots of extra AP perks, decided to assault Ceasar's camp with Boone in tow - as well as my favourite anti-material rifle with incendiaries and amour piercing ammo ! Loaded up on Jet, Stimpaks, Buffout and Physco.....tore the place apart though poor Boone bought it - executed Ceasar....anyone ever do this? how does it affect main story taking Ceasar out?

It doesn't. But the NCR think you're f*cking awesome, all their soldiers keep talking about you as if you're God. The Legate takes over long enough for you to kick the ****e out of them at the Dam.

penev10 wrote: »
    Great vid. Easily better than the quality of the stuff you see on the Sci-Fi channel.

The Fallout universe would make a great backdrop for a TV series. I'm sure this fan vid isn't the last we'll see

Actually I've noticed that the Fan made videos are better than most of what Hollywood can come up with with regards to movie adaptations of games.

This was a Half-Life one - so, OT I know.

This is also pretty excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Completed it there with the NCR.

Finally.

Never got to kill Benny or access the bunker under fortification hill tho.

Maybe if I do it again I'd like to be bad but still find out what happens if I let house win.

Altho, I say that, I don't know If I'll ever play it through again. How do you find out the length of your file?

Great game, this Peace Walker and Valkyria Chronicles 2 for GOTY.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Anybody else slightly disappointed by the choices you can make in the Rorschach test near the beginning?
    One of the pictures was CLEARLY two bears high-fiving!

Been playing for 4 hours now according to Steam without even the slightest hiccup... So far so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

tman wrote: »
    Anybody else slightly disappointed by the choices you can make in the Rorschach test near the beginning?

Been playing for 4 hours now according to Steam without even the slightest hiccup... So far so good!

Clearly it's a bearded man :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

god dam you now i cant un-see it ......im never starting the game again
    :( thanks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Any news on PC DLC?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nope :( I just had a look on wiki there though and apparently there gonna release 8 dlcs altogether.Hope they release dead money soon on the pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

yeah that was one of the glitches fixed by the patch...

Xshdm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BenK

My house was broken into last night and amongst other things all my PS3 games were robbed except for Fallout New Vegas cos it was still in the machine... Just as well I'm enjoying it so much as it's all I'll have for a while!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

BenK wrote: »
    My house was broken into last night and amongst other things all my PS3 games were robbed except for Fallout New Vegas cos it was still in the machine... Just as well I'm enjoying it so much as it's all I'll have for a while!!

AH not all bad so, no chance of catching the bastards I suppose ?

BenK wrote: »

I'm surprised they didn't take your ps3,hope you catch the f**kers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BenK

calex71 wrote: »
    AH not all bad so, no chance of catching the bastards I suppose ?
    I'm surprised they didn't take your ps3,hope you catch the f**kers!

The only reason I'd say they didn't take the PS3 is cos all the wires go in behind the tv cabinet and they probably thought they'd knock somethin over and make some noise trying to get it out (myself and my girlfriend were asleep upstairs...). They did manage to get both our car keys though and both our cars were gone... I'd love to catch the bastards but not much hope I'd say :mad:. At least we've insurance though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Did any other PC users have fps issues running new vegas? I played fa3 for like 40 hours or so and never had any issues. Found a d3d9 dll online and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Patch 2 didnt fix it.

My machine is new and overclocked so its not a hardware prob

nuxxx wrote: »
    Did any other PC users have fps issues running new vegas? I played fa3 for like 40 hours or so and never had any issues. Found a d3d9 dll online and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Patch 2 didnt fix it.

Can't quite fathom how a DX9 DLL would help a modern day game run better on modern tech:confused:
    It runs smooth as silk with everything maxxed out for me, but then again I'm only 6 hours into it so far (could see a nasty drop when I reach more populated areas)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Can't quite fathom how a DX9 DLL would help a modern day game run better on modern tech:confused:
    It runs smooth as silk with everything maxxed out for me, but then again I'm only 6 hours into it so far (could see a nasty drop when I reach more populated areas)

Something to do with the launcher not detecting the card properly (as in it goes by the name or something). Essentially, you either get better FPS or, get better FPS and better graphics. Didn't work at all for me.

From a bit of research loads of people had been having problems with it

Yeah, wasn't denying that it is happening for other people, just that it seems like an unusual kind of fix!

That looks painful to play! Amazed that they haven't made any kind of official fix yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

nuxxx wrote: »

Patch 2 didnt fix it.

I had awful trouble when it came to any combat situations with 4/5+ enemies on screen at ones. It didn't get me killed or anything but jesus was it annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

There was an unofficial fix for Nvidia and ATI cards which forced the game to think you had a different card installed. Made a mighty difference to mine with good steady fps and rarely any crashes.

I really hope this sort of software crap doesn't happen for Elder Scrolls V

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35262

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

Here are the two fixes. One is a ram issue on windows7 and the other one is the graphics fix. My game is now is super smooth @ 60 fps vsync on, on ultra

Without the ram fix I was still having problems

Both files are only associated with new vegas so they dont affect anything on your system

Now off to explore!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I bet Microsoft feel silly now :P

wonder if there will be any PS+ deals on the dlc...

Advertisement