Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No no, the wasps are the cazadors. And you're in the wrong place to get to the station. You need to get down from where you are and go to the north east of the map. There's a path you can follow to get up behind those mountains.

The big bulls are bighorners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

You know the quest where you cross the bomb field and your man says
    he`ll double you caps if you make it to the gate. Once you make it over do your auto get the caps?

I went back over to him and all he said was he never thought I`d make it, so i just killed him and took his caps and barter hat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

I was doing the same thing as you, Sephiroth_dude. Tried going over the mountains to get to the station. But I had
    Boone and ED-E
    with me, twas like a walk in the park. Also had
    Tabitha's 'Annabell' missile launcher
    with me too so always fired off a missile or two when I saw a group of them. If that didn't kill them, it would surely cripple them and
    Boone and ED-E
    would finish them off.

But the bighorners at the other side are fair handy and easy for the EXP. Went all
    'Machete Gladius'
    on their asses :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Not sure if this is a general thing that would work for everyone but turning off Aero on Windows 7 seriously reduced my crashes in NV. Saw it suggested somewhere and tried it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is dead money being released on steam on tuesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Is dead money being released on steam on tuesday?
    http://uk.kotaku.com/5751899/three-more-fallout-new-vegas-expansions-on-the-way#viewcomments
    According to that, it should be. No word of any change since the intial announcement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    No no, the wasps are the cazadors. And you're in the wrong place to get to the station. You need to get down from where you are and go to the north east of the map. There's a path you can follow to get up behind those mountains.

The big bulls are bighorners.

Yes cazadors! there bastids.....they do give good exp though,55 or something :pac:.
    http://uk.kotaku.com/5751899/three-more-fallout-new-vegas-expansions-on-the-way#viewcomments
    According to that, it should be. No word of any change since the intial announcement.

cool,its not listed on the steam store though,maybe it'll be up on tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

JCW wrote: »
    You guys should check this out its incredible (installation is not for the faint of heart Fair warning!)

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=40130

What's hard about the installation of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I know that part you're talking about... ****ing huge group of cazadors hanging around, and if you try to draw one of them away the lot of them chase you back down the hill!
    Had to give up on that quest for the time being because of the bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Im guessin it's huuuuge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

http://risegaming.com/nvamp/?page_id=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I managed to wipe out all the cazadors but then my feckin game crashed!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I managed to wipe out all the cazadors but then my feckin game crashed!! :mad:

suuuure you did :pac:

mewso wrote: »

That doesn't seem hard, just long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

nuxxx wrote: »
    suuuure you did :pac:

Are we talking about the cazadors in the valley between Jacobstown and Red Rock Canyon? If so then yes i did ;) All you need a follower to attract the cazadors and a decent gun and a helluva lot of stimpaks.

Are we talking about the cazadors in the valley between Jacobstown and Red Rock Canyon? If so then yes i did ;) All you need a follower to attract the cazadors and a decent gun and a helluva lot of stimpaks.

yup there the ones,I eventually found the place anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭JCW

That doesn't seem hard, just long.

Well so far Ive helped a good 8 people to get this installed properly some people have problems using wyre flash and using bashed patches etc I remember trying to install FCOM a while back and I thought it was a complete nightmare and as somebody else said it is pretty big and not as simple as "download file,put all files in data,activate esp file in mod manager or launcher play the mod"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Can you make the Dartgun in New Vegas? It really helped with pretty much everything in Fallout 3, was the best weapon in the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Is the PC DLC this week or next?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Is the PC DLC this week or next?

Next Tuesday (22nd) I believe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Can you make the Dartgun in New Vegas? It really helped with pretty much everything in Fallout 3, was the best weapon in the game

According to the wiki, it's 3 only. Not in NV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    According to the wiki, it's 3 only. Not in NV.

I think the Dog Tag Fist was the only thing I made, even though I played on HC because of my character I wasn't really able to make use of the work benches and crafting elements , this was an area i felt the game fell down compared to 3 the crafting was simpler and you could make better sh!t in fo3 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

is anyone else having freezing issues on the PS3 when they fight in the Legion's arena? the first time i though it was because i was playing it for a few hours and it just froze (as it is wasnt to do at times) so i turned off the console and waited a few hours.
    when i started it back up again i got through the first fight but when i killthe next contender the game froze again. this was withing 5 minutes of restarting which had never happened before.

i had thought that there was a patch that had sorted this but obviously not.

Omg.

If you guys have some Red/Cyan (blue) 3D glasses lying around and an nVidia GPU, enable 3D Vision Discover. The game looks pretty damn good in 3D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

In the last few days myself and my girlfriend broke up.

But on the plus side I now have the free time to check out fallout 3.

Patricide wrote: »
    In the last few days myself and my girlfriend broke up.

But on the plus side I now have the free time to check out fallout 3.

You should give Fallout 1 and 2 a try, if you haven't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

FÚCK! Got killed by a deathclaw, loaded the last autosave from 2mins before and now the right analogue stick doesn't look up,down, left and right... Works fine when moving the cursor on the map on the Pip-boy though.

Anyone else have this problem? My last manual save file is just over 3hours prior to this and could NOT be arsed exploring the same places again.

I've tried loading a different area of the map, restarted and reloaded the same save file. If I load the manual save file it works fine.

This is on xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

You should give Fallout 1 and 2 a try, if you haven't already.
    I have. Just managed to miss fallout 3 as I was broke when it came out.

PandyAndy wrote: »
    FÚCK! Got killed by a deathclaw, loaded the last autosave from 2mins before and now the right analogue stick doesn't look up,down, left and right... Works fine when moving the cursor on the map on the Pip-boy though.

Anyone else have this problem? My last manual save file is just over 3hours prior to this and could NOT be arsed exploring the same places again.

I've tried loading a different area of the map, restarted and reloaded the same save file. If I load the manual save file it works fine.

This is on xbox.

I had that problem too. Unfortunately I think one of the only things you can do is go back to your last recent save.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

7gb download for DLC :eek:

Advertisement