Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

7gb download for DLC :eek:
    Surely that's wrong. You downloading the whole game again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Surely that's wrong. You downloading the whole game again?

Im seeing 10gigs :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

in the missions for Mr. House, mainly part 5,
    is there any to not kill the brotherhood and still complete the mission?

cause i havent done all the missions in there and i have veronica as a companion and she beasts with her awesome punch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

in the missions for Mr. House, mainly part 5,
    is there any to not kill the brotherhood and still complete the mission?

cause i havent done all the missions in there and i have veronica as a companion and she beasts with her awesome punch.

no if you plan to side with house you have to wipe out the bunker . theres a few ways of doing it though and some of them involve no loss in your rep with the BOS. although if its high enough it'l possibly only go as far down as nuetral and veronica will still work with you . save first :/ another option is to not work for house at all and try either ceasars legion, ncr or yes man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Quick question.

In my game I'm idolized by the NCR and neutral with Caesar's Legion.

The last day I attempted to go east to make contact with the Legion. I reached Cottonwood Cove but they started opening fire on me straight away.

Surely if I'm neutral with them they should not be hostile and offer me missions? Or is my high standing in the NCR screwing me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Quick question.

The last day I attempted to go east to make contact with the Legion. I reached Cottonwood Cove but they started opening fire on me straight away.

Surely if I'm neutral with them they should not be hostile and offer me missions? Or is my high standing in the NCR screwing me?
    Yeah, I think it's the high standing with NCR that's doing it. Then again, I found a lot of the "friend/foe" mechanic broken and you can sometimes be randomly attacked by anyone no any side.

Quick question.

Check what you're wearing - if you're in NCR clothes then they'll open fire straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Bah!

Not mad about this DLC.
    I didn't know it was a gear reset which sucks. I feel like I have to sneak around a lot as the ghoul things eat a lot of damage. So far feels like they went down the horror survival route for this and I'm sick of horror survival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

7gb download for DLC :eek:
    Im seeing 10gigs :O

Should only be about 100MB.
    humanji wrote: »
    Yeah, I think it's the high standing with NCR that's doing it. Then again, I found a lot of the "friend/foe" mechanic broken and you can sometimes be randomly attacked by anyone no any side.

No matter how vilified I get with the Legion, they almost never attack me on sight - they're often quite happy to talk to me. Once I put on on Great Khan armour for about 10 seconds, no where near any NCR and despite being liked by the NCR, they all immediately became hostile. Broken is a bit of an understatement in my experience.

Adyx wrote: »
    Should only be about 100MB.

No matter how vilified I get with the Legion, they almost never attack me on sight - they're often quite happy to talk to me. Once I put on on Great Khan armour for about 10 seconds, no where near any NCR and despite being liked by the NCR, they all immediately became hostile. Broken is a bit of an understatement in my experience.

sometimes when you put on faction armor and switch to other armor without leaving the pip boy screen your stuck with the faction armour first put on even though your character now has the stats of the new armor

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How do I start dead money?got it off steam a while ago.

How do I start dead money?got it off steam a while ago.

you get an in game message telling yo about the sierra madre broadcast . it leads you to a bos bunker between forlorn hope and the legion town south of it . it should give you a map marker to follow . mind you dont step on a mine the legion leave them around the area

sierra117x wrote: »
    you get an in game message telling yo about the sierra madre broadcast . it leads you to a bos bunker between forlorn hope and the legion town south of it . it should give you a map marker to follow . mind you dont step on a mine the legion leave them around the area

Its not coming up at all.....

Nevermind sorted it by clicking on data files on the start up menu and clicking on deadmoney box then :-).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You need caesars token to get to cottonwood , you get it in New vegas outside one of the hotels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Thanks lads.

My apparel should be okay, Combat Armour and Combat Helmet.

It must be that token.

By the way, I have only entered the Strip in the last hour of play. I'm at level 25 already and hear it tops out at level
    . However I hear the DLC has a level cap of

If I buy the DLC will that increase my level cap in the main game too? :confused:

I feel like it would be a bit of a waste to hit the cap so early in the main quest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

All that stuff in nVamp is really fun :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thanks lads.

My apparel should be okay, Combat Armour and Combat Helmet.

It must be that token.

By the way, I have only entered the Strip in the last hour of play. I'm at level 25 already and hear it tops out at level
    . However I hear the DLC has a level cap of

If I buy the DLC will that increase my level cap in the main game too? :confused:

I feel like it would be a bit of a waste to hit the cap so early in the main quest.

Yes it'll increase in the main game, if you go on to do the dlc you can't exit till you finish it, and it recommends that you are level 20+ before you enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

This thread is to read all the way through. I bought FNV the other day but it is in my backlog at the moment.

What is the general consensus? Is it better than Fallout 3 or not?

This thread is to read all the way through. I bought FNV the other day but it is in my backlog at the moment.

What is the general consensus? Is it better than Fallout 3 or not?

I hate Fallout 3, it doesn't feel like a fallout game at all.
    This, on the other hand, I feel is much improved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I hate Fallout 3, it doesn't feel like a fallout game at all.
    This, on the other hand, I feel is much improved.

Really? I thought that criticism of Fallout 3 not feeling like a Fallout game was due to the switch to a first person perspective. Which is something that NV has kept.

Really? I thought that criticism of Fallout 3 not feeling like a Fallout game was due to the switch to a first person perspective. Which is something that NV has kept.

Nope, Fallout 3 has a god-awful story and no humour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I feel they are both the exact same kind of game set in 2 different locations. None is much better than the other. They are both quality

I think Fallout 3 had some more memorable missions and moments actually

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I feel they are both the exact same kind of game set in 2 different locations. None is much better than the other. They are both quality

I think Fallout 3 had some more memorable missions and moments actually

Agree there, like the sight from the top of ten penny tower when you do the nasty on the megatone folks, or the tree to the north :D

Should you play dead money before you finish the game?

well you cant play it after so yes :)

far as i know once your finished the battle at hoover dam the games story finishes and you simply go back to your last save . and the dead money storyline is completely seperate from the main one once your back the only difference is an interaction you may or may not have with veronica( wont spoil it for you ) and some extra perks and items you can pick up throughout dead money

and the level cap is at 30 in new vegas not 20 . dead money increases it to 35 ans as far as i know you can level up to 35 as soon as the dlc is installed you dont need to wait to get to sierra madre

Should you play dead money before you finish the game?

There would be benefits to doing that like the loot , perks and increased level caps once your over level 20 I say go for it any thing that prolongs the game from ending is a good thing in my book :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Got this when I got Killzone 3 and tbh.. I aint got a flipping notion what I am at... I run, and run, and run and still I am nowhere near anywhere.. He moves so freaking slow and I keep getting killed trying to get to objectives..

Does anyone have a strategy guide they would like to sell me ? :p

I just don't know if RPG games will ever grow on me tbh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

First Fallout game then? :P

Try the fallout wiki: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

First Fallout game then? :P

Try the fallout wiki: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki

Yeah well I did start off with Fallout 3.,.. I just got out into the world then never went back... :L.. Cheers for link may try some crap out.. Will it explain what everything on the HUD means? That is possibly the one thing that is annoying me!

Advertisement