Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Started to play this, this evening. I put it on the back burner for a while but I'm instantly hooked again. Very enjoyable even if my character is slightly sluggish moving about the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Bloody hell... Took a break in December from playing it. Said that i would get Dead Money and finish the game this week while waiting for DA2. Played for 15 mins before it crashed.

FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

First Fallout game then? :P[/url]

what a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Have they released any patches to fix the bugs yet? Not played it in a few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Played through NV and DM for the first time recently, didn't notice any bugs at all to be honest. Thought Dead Money was quite crap, to be frank.

• Advertisement

NEW-VEGAS-Y-U-NO-STOP-FREEZING-AND-CRASHING.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Y-U-NO

SERIOUSLY AGHHHHH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got 13h in now, had some weird sound bug so far, I actually enjoying it. Hate armoured enemies thought... Feck all bullets fir them...

I got 13h in now, had some weird sound bug so far, I actually enjoying it. Hate armoured enemies thought... Feck all bullets fir them...

go to gun runners and get the light machine gun or automatic rifle (the BAR) with armour piercing rounds....ncr rangers go down in a second. it makes you practically invincible.

go to gun runners and get the light machine gun or automatic rifle (the BAR) with armour piercing rounds....ncr rangers go down in a second. it makes you practically invincible.

Gun runners? The only automatic I got now is 9mm sub machine gun, which is not that great.

Is that the actual BAR? From ww2?! Awesome! Traders ussually got feck all "P" bullets :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Gun runners? The only automatic I got now is 9mm sub machine gun, which is not that great.

Is that the actual BAR? From ww2?! Awesome! Traders ussually got feck all "P" bullets :(.

The Unique 9mm sub machine is close enough to the
    Gun Runners/Vegas City. In one of the shacks outside on the North Side
    . Can't remember the name but in the shack is a wannabe 'Bonnie & Clyde' Duo inside and if you convince them to stop their 'plan' they give you the safe to the Key which has the gun. Nothing fancy but still better than the normal one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Stopped playing this, not sure why.

Preferred Fallout3 alot more for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

yup, i played dead money for a bit but just found it absolute sh1t.

Theres new dlc due out in early april i heard so will have a look at that.

I enjoyed the game a lot in general tbh, more so than fo3

gun runners is a factory/store beside the entrance to freeside (basically the vegas strip area), even if you aren't ready to go down that side of the map as part of the games storyline, it's very easy to get too and even at lower levels once you stick to the roads it's pretty easy getting there. The guns are expensive though, think the BAR is about 8,000 caps. But it absolutely is the biz...gun runners sell ammo too, and if you want more, just wait 48 hours or so and it comes back into stock. I'm basically roaming around every NCR camp/outpost on the map using it to kill everything I see to finally get to level 30 to get the achievement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

nuxxx wrote: »

Same here. I was enjoying it, but just lost interest. This one has more of the "Fallout" humour, but F3 had better quests and writing.

Cheers for help lads. I am still newby lvl 11, so I can't go very deep in to wilderness.

I am located at black mountain, but I will be turning around lol.

Did not wanted to go to Vegas just now, but looks like I wil have to.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

nuxxx wrote: »

I stopped playing Fallout 3 at a certain point near the end and then when I got near the end of this one I stopped and went back and played Fallout3 from start to, finally, finish and am now playing the DLC. I think one of the problems with games like this, for me anyway, is that early on it's great. A big world to explore, you are trying to improve your skills to become a bad ass and so on and it's all great fun. Then in the latter stages you are so powerful you can kill anything and the world just isn't as attractive anymore. Hard to see how that could be changed though. Just an observation.

mewso wrote: »
    I stopped playing Fallout 3 at a certain point near the end and then when I got near the end of this one I stopped and went back and played Fallout3 from start to, finally, finish and am now playing the DLC. I think one of the problems with games like this, for me anyway, is that early on it's great. A big world to explore, you are trying to improve your skills to become a bad ass and so on and it's all great fun. Then in the latter stages you are so powerful you can kill anything and the world just isn't as attractive anymore. Hard to see how that could be changed though. Just an observation.

By the time I played Broken Steel it was ridiculous, I could wade into groups of enemies firing rockets left right and center without even the remotest danger of dying. New Vegas is much better, it has Hardcore mode which takes you down a major peg...it's very easy to die in a situation even at level 30.

Lads, can you explain a bit. There are 3 factions, right?

There us so much content with ncr, but I find only bits of content of legion... I really love legion way, and I want to join it, but does it have content?! I dont want to kill tons of ncr which actuolly gives quests, and end up as legioner bad ass with feck all to do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

eh dont know if it was mentioned here or not but just in case : honest hearts released date confirmed as 19/4/11 as per the wiki http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Honest_Hearts

Lads, can you explain a bit. There are 3 factions, right?

There us so much content with ncr, but I find only bits of content of legion... I really love legion way, and I want to join it, but does it have content?! I dont want to kill tons of ncr which actuolly gives quests, and end up as legioner bad ass with feck all to do...

yeah you can side with the legion, ncr, mr house or yes man to do the main quest, though quite a few of the side quests are ncr based.

my game (360) keeps locking up and freezing now whenever i fast travel. it means i can't play anymore, which is infuriating...i'm about 200xp away from level 30...no idea what's causing it, game used to freeze every once in ahwile before, but now it's any time i attempt to fast travel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

yeah you can side with the legion, ncr, mr house or yes man to do the main quest, though quite a few of the side quests are ncr based.

my game (360) keeps locking up and freezing now whenever i fast travel. it means i can't play anymore, which is infuriating...i'm about 200xp away from level 30...no idea what's causing it, game used to freeze every once in ahwile before, but now it's any time i attempt to fast travel.

Have you installed the game to the HDD?

DarkJager wrote: »
    Have you installed the game to the HDD?

yup, deleted all unnecessary saves, deleted dlc, deleted install and reinstalled, everything, whenever i load any of my saves it still just hangs whenever i fast travel or try to save. seeing as i had 41 hours clocked up so far i'm livid if it means i just can't finish the game now (already finished it, but I was getting some of the achievements for various things)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

yup, deleted all unnecessary saves, deleted dlc, deleted install and reinstalled, everything, whenever i load any of my saves it still just hangs whenever i fast travel or try to save. seeing as i had 41 hours clocked up so far i'm livid if it means i just can't finish the game now (already finished it, but I was getting some of the achievements for various things)

Doesn't look like you are alone with that problem man, seems its been reported by a few users on various sites. No actual resolution from what I can see though apart from "wait for a patch" - which isn't much use to you.

41 hours is a long way in for it to freeze, can't imagine the frustration of it. Just as a last thought, have you cleared the 360 cache?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did anyone else notice that you dont see super mutants outside of jacobstown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Did anyone else notice that you dont see super mutants outside of jacobstown?

There are, south ( or west? ) of Helios One are the huge Satellite Dishes which are guarded by Super Mutants. May be also elsewhere but outside Jacobstown this is where iv seen others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

So, general opinion is that Dead Money was crap? It's on sale on Friday, but maybe I'd be better off waiting for a GOTY edition?

ah cheers, but is legions side quests get better? as i go to ncr camp and i get 2-3 quests, i go to legioniers camp: 1 or no quests :(.

i love the way legioniers made in fallout universe, but like i said i dont want to get stuck on dead horse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

I had the something similar before where the game would just get really slow, then freeze. This would only happen on Fallout NV, and also had it installed to the HDD too. Clearing the xbox cache seemed to fix it.

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/clear-system-cache.aspx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There are, south ( or west? ) of Helios One are the huge Satellite Dishes which are guarded by Super Mutants. May be also elsewhere but outside Jacobstown this is where iv seen others

The reason I asked is because in fallout 3 you could encounter enemies anywhere in the wasteland and now its like they all have there own areas and they don't venture outside of them.

• Advertisement

The reason I asked is because in fallout 3 you could encounter enemies anywhere in the wasteland and now its like they all have there own areas and they don't venture outside of them.

There are gangs around the wasteland in NV too, Jackals and a few others, though it's not quite as random I agree. It's also ridiculous some of the XP points, getting like 10xp for killing heavily armed enemies, and then 50xp for literally punching a baby scorpion to death....

Got the freezing issues sorted, thanks for all the suggestions, in the end what helped it was actually just deleting every single save but about 5, for whatever reason, when i got down to the last 5, it just started working again!

Dang, I love this game so much though. Got 1,300 points in FO3, and so far on 840 in NV. I've never been much of an achievement guy but this game really does it for me. Going to reload earlier saves to do the alternate SP storylines.

Advertisement