Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Healium wrote: »
    So, general opinion is that Dead Money was crap? It's on sale on Friday, but maybe I'd be better off waiting for a GOTY edition?

Out of all the Fallout DLC to date i'd rate Dead Money as the shortest and worst. The puzzle end of things boils down to find the loads of key required to open certain doors and the combat side of things sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dead Money is atrocious. I wouldn't rate it as bad as Mothership Zeta or Anchorage, but it doesn't trail far behind. It's not very Fallout, more a cheap survival horror that looses its appeal about 15 minutes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So is Dead Money really going for 400 points today on Xbox Live or is it an April's Fools joke?

At work so can't check the Xbox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There are gangs around the wasteland in NV too, Jackals and a few others, though it's not quite as random I agree. It's also ridiculous some of the XP points, getting like 10xp for killing heavily armed enemies, and then 50xp for literally punching a baby scorpion to death....

Those gangs aren't a problem though once you level up to a decent level :D and have a decent gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, I got to gun runners. They don't sell any decent firepower... Does stock changes now and then? Or I need higher level to be offered some better stock?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lads, I got to gun runners. They don't sell any decent firepower... Does stock changes now and then? Or I need higher level to be offered some better stock?

Both, stock rotates every 3 - 4 days

Stock and player levels :
    Tier 1 (player level 1): Silenced .22 pistol, Varmint rifle, 9mm pistol .357 magnum revolver, Single shotgun
    Tier 2 (player level 1): 10mm pistol, 9mm SMG, Cowboy repeater, Service rifle, Caravan shotgun
    Tier 3 (player level 6): .44 magnum revolver Lever-action shotgun, Silenced .22 SMG, 10mm SMG, Hunting Rifle, Sawed-off shotgun
    Tier 4 (player level 11): Trail carbine, Hunting revolver, Assault carbine, Sniper rifle, Hunting shotgun
    Tier 5 (player level 26): Riot shotgun, 12.7mm submachine gun, Marksman carbine, Minigun, Light machine gun, Brush gun

Thank you m8.

I found a character from fallout 2!!!! It gave me a raging brained lol.

P.s. My loads on xbox became really long now... Is it a sign I will get some crash bugg?!

I found a character from fallout 2!!!! It gave me a raging brained lol.

P.s. My loads on xbox became really long now... Is it a sign I will get some crash bugg?!

Hold (Left Bumper, Right Bumper & X) Do Not Release until after the Bethesda\Obsidian Logo comes up. This clears just the virtual memory cache for the game

Should improve things a bit for you.

calex71 wrote: »
    Hold (Left Bumper, Right Bumper & X) Do Not Release until after the Bethesda\Obsidian Logo comes up. This clears just the virtual memory cache for the game

Should improve things a bit for you.

I deleted it of hdd and reinstalling it. Will it help?

• Advertisement

I deleted it of hdd and reinstalling it. Will it help?

Can't hurt

Can't hurt

I reinstalled and di the trick you told about. Dunno which one, but it helped... Do you get some sort of notification that it worked? I mean that catch reset?

P.s. I camt believe I am 27h in already... And I only now entered strip... Thought I left to black mountain now.

I noticed that caps are so much easier to come by now!!! I got like 13k and I have no idea how... Got full inventory of stuff which worth 1k am item too, and my barter is like 20...

Anayher thing: you camt have rec and e-de at same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I wanted to get this game back in 2010 but I heard that there were too many technical problems . I also heard about the patch that came out in december.

CAn anyone tell me if the game still has technical problems or not? Should i get the ps3 or the 360 version( or does that even matter). I dont want to buy the game if its still too glitchy.

Thanks in advance.

38 hours in. One major glitch was with long loadings. Sorted by reinstalling game and clearing catch. I dont even notice some minor bug now and then.

Well worth a try m8, even if there are few bugs. It's cheap to get these days.

P.s. New dlc is out April too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

jmx009 wrote: »
    I wanted to get this game back in 2010 but I heard that there were too many technical problems . I also heard about the patch that came out in december.

CAn anyone tell me if the game still has technical problems or not? Should i get the ps3 or the 360 version( or does that even matter). I dont want to buy the game if its still too glitchy.

Thanks in advance.
    38 hours in. One major glitch was with long loadings. Sorted by reinstalling game and clearing catch. I dont even notice some minor bug now and then.

Well worth a try m8, even if there are few bugs. It's cheap to get these days.

PS3 Version, first half not so glitchy but the second half was very glitchy (defo got worse as the game went on). No real fix for the consoles (maybe clearing the 360 cache helps?)

noodler wrote: »
    PS3 Version, first half not so glitchy but the second half was very glitchy (defo got worse as the game went on). No real fix for the consoles (maybe clearing the 360 cache helps?)

As I have noticed it's miss and hit with those glitches and bugs. Some poeple don't have many if them where's some people are just burrows in bugs.

As for me: I had that long loading gremlin, it was sorted with reinstalling the game + clearing cache. Redraft too obviously. That on 360 thought. I have it on pc too but I am not much in play time wise. So far nothing bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

P.s. New dlc is out April too.

Whats it called?hope us pc users dont have to wait months for it come out :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Whats it called?hope us pc users dont have to wait months for it come out :mad:

It's called Honest Hearts according to Fallout Wiki. All dlc will be released simultaneously release on all platforms from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

blaze1 wrote: »

It's a picture of a character fighting another character in the wasteland. I'm shocked to be honest. They won't have wanted that leaked.

Hmmm I know that I am exited about dlc, but I am 40h in and still not completed much of a game lol.

Btw all these achievements on xbox can be completed in few games? Or you have to do all of it in one go? I mean those 10k Healt with swimpacks or 10k damage with unarmed? Do all melle weapons count as unarmed?

Lol just had one of these "loled" moments.

My rexy was standing near me, when a thug came near and starred conversation with Rex.... "find yourself a girl or a gay" then he walked away and rexy had an interesting look to say least :)

Hmmm I know that I am exited about dlc, but I am 40h in and still not completed much of a game lol.

Btw all these achievements on xbox can be completed in few games? Or you have to do all of it in one go? I mean those 10k Healt with swimpacks or 10k damage with unarmed? Do all melle weapons count as unarmed?

I did them all in one, with the exception of the ending ones, you need to be smart about your saves there. My main problem with the heath one was I was playing on hardcore for that achievement so couldn't actually carry much food and was relying on stims, I used the 'drowning method' to get that in about 10 minutes.

I used the ballistic fist for the unarmed one if i recall, most of the bats etc count as melee and not unarmed.

I did them all in one, with the exception of the ending ones, you need to be smart about your saves there. My main problem with the heath one was I was playing on hardcore for that achievement so couldn't actually carry much food and was relying on stims, I used the 'drowning method' to get that in about 10 minutes.

I used the ballistic fist for the unarmed one if i recall, most of the bats etc count as melee and not unarmed.

How much stims and food would you need for those achievements m8?

I have 850 points on my first playthrough with Dead Money installed and completed, the majority can be gotten in one playthrough. The ones I haven't gotten are alternative storyline endings, banned from the strip and a few other gambling related ones I'm not pushed on. It's easy to get Melee/Unarmed and the food at once, just buy a load of food, go around killing people with the necessary weapons and when you're low on health, just eat all the food at once. You can get 700-1000 food points that way at a time. I waited until I was finished and at level 30 before randomly going around to settlements killing people to get all the 10,000 point achievements for melee/unarmed/energy/food... I played on Hardcore mode....the stimpak one will unlock naturally over the course of the game really, as did the gun one for me.

Cheers lads. What about companion ancievment? Do I have to have them all at once with me? Or I just need to trigger them to join me? As I got that caravan girl killed by silver rush bastords

Yup, just have to trigger them, so once they're recruited, doesn't matter what happens them. It'd only be a problem, if any of them died before you recruited them.

You could go about collecting food or ....................

Just go to a lake, walk in and drown yourself when you are nearly dead walk back out look down and drink the water ;)

• Advertisement

You could go about collecting food or ....................

Just go to a lake, walk in and drown yourself when you are nearly dead walk back out look down and drink the water ;)

I see what you did there! Unfortunately I am playing as
    Semigood fella now. On my second game I will go bad ass melee psychopath, and yes I will take that perk :) . Yummy!

Does water count as food? So restoring health 10k hp with water in the lake will get me achievement for food?

Btw stim only give me 10hp and my med skill is like 60! It will be alot of damn stims I tell ya....

Advertisement