Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Reminded me of it too :)

I presume they could make quite epic movie in fallout universe...

Would be way better then some bull**** like Thor....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I presume they could make quite epic movie in fallout universe...

Would be way better then some bull**** like Thor....

Indeed....now all we need is an excellent script and director onboard :D.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well. Considering new Vegas wasn't brilliant, I guess its nit big loss....

Still no dlc ir patch thought....

Is it possible to repair weapons yourself?I went to repair guy and it cost 7000 to repair a machine gun :eek:

• Advertisement

Is it possible to repair weapons yourself?I went to repair guy and it cost 7000 to repair a machine gun :eek:

If you got two same weapons. You use one to repair ather one. More skill you got, better repair is.

You can come across repair boxes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

If you got two same weapons. You use one to repair ather one. More skill you got, better repair is.

You can come across repair boxes too.

You can also craft them at a work bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

DLC confirmed for May 17th release :)

Woooop :)

Edit: Hmmmmmmmmzzzzzzzzzz I think I could hold out until july and get all 3 and start a new game then, they would be best enjoyed all in one sitting I think.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Woooop :)

Edit: Hmmmmmmmmzzzzzzzzzz I think I could hold out until july and get all 3 and start a new game then, they would be best enjoyed all in one sitting I think.

That ain't a bad idea actually :),might do that myself.

That ain't a bad idea actually :),might do that myself.

And who knows all the new bugs that get introduced might be patched by then too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Sorry for the generic question but is this genuinely rewarding to play through if you've already played Fallout 3?

I saw it earlier in xtravision for €20 and was tempted to get it but I put over 100 hours into Fallout 3 and from reviews it looks much the same so is it really worth getting?

I loved Fallout 3 but I dont really want the same game with a different setting which is what I get from the reviews

Harps wrote: »
    Sorry for the generic question but is this genuinely rewarding to play through if you've already played Fallout 3?

I saw it earlier in xtravision for €20 and was tempted to get it but I put over 100 hours into Fallout 3 and from reviews it looks much the same so is it really worth getting?

I loved Fallout 3 but I dont r
    eally want the same game with a different setting which is what I get from the reviews

Fallou 3 is suoperior. New Vegas is worse then 3, so if you don't whana same, but worse then I would not bother.

Saying that I will be getting dlc allright. From love to hate it's only one little step...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm abut 40 hours through NV and i've lost all interest. Would it be worth getting 3? I remember playing it before but not getting into it. Maybe i didn't give it enough time...

I'm abut 40 hours through NV and i've lost all interest. Would it be worth getting 3? I remember playing it before but not getting into it. Maybe i didn't give it enough time...

Nv mai. Story line sucks monkey balls. They tried to do multiple ways of doing it, but it ended up half arsed job.... F3 had one story and ending, but atleast it had wow moments...

I don't know if athers will agree with me, but f3 feels more of a wasteland them nv... Nv is just some sort of poor country in near future... Too much spent Om that faction bull**** and not enough on atmosphere etc...

Get goty edition f3 and you sorted lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Nice one, i'll have a look-see in the shops tomorrow! Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I found NV to be pretty much on a level with Fallout 3. If you like one, youll like the other. If youre not enjoying NV, Fallout 3 isnt significantly different - in mood/styling its just a lot of grey, rather than a lot of brown that you see in NV.

One major, huge plus in NV is that the game intro doesnt take as long as it does in Fallout 3. I still resent the 5 minutes it takes to go through the Docs questions, but at least its 5 minutes versus the 20 or so it takes to get to anything fun in Fallout 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Nv mai. Story line sucks monkey balls. They tried to do multiple ways of doing it, but it ended up half arsed job.... F3 had one story and ending, but atleast it had wow moments...

I don't know if athers will agree with me, but f3 feels more of a wasteland them nv... Nv is just some sort of poor country in near future... Too much spent Om that faction bull**** and not enough on atmosphere etc...

Get goty edition f3 and you sorted lad.

I'd definitely have to agree with this. NV is too sparse even for a wasteland (and especially one that was more or less spared the worst of the bombs). There is nothing to explore so you just end up going from one major area to the next. What's worse is the that at least a third of the map is currently inaccessible - presumably for the upcoming dlc. The dlc in FO3 might not always have been the best, but at least you wouldn't feel ripped off without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Adyx wrote: »
    The dlc in FO3 might not always have been the best, but at least you wouldn't feel ripped off without it.

More Broken Steel, less Mothership Zeta please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Adyx wrote: »
    You can also craft them at a work bench.
    or you can get the jury rigging perk and use a 5 cap vermint rifle to repair your 50 mg anti materiel rifle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

What mods are you all using and would recommend? I used nVamp a while ago, but I don't like some of the stuff it adds (crappy shaders, although URWLNV is nice).

not sure what to make of that :confused:

not sure what to make of that :confused:

I double that... I haven't seen a thing that would interest me.. I did not like khans as they were like homeless... This looks like more homeless empty enviromemt...

I double that... I haven't seen a thing that would interest me.. U did nit like khans as they were like homeless... This looks like more homeless empty enviromemt...

excactly *sigh* Isn't it out next week?

5 new achievements, and they really give little away from the descriptions.

Think I'll pass on this for a while, and stick to my plan of picking what ever dlc is released up in one go and starting a new game. Best enjoyed and most useful in terms of new items etc that way.

excactly *sigh* Isn't it out next week?

Think so. Deffenetly wont touch it for 800 points. I did not even bothered with first dlc for 400 on sale...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

5 new achievements, and they really give little away from the descriptions.

Think I'll pass on this for a while, and stick to my plan of picking what ever dlc is released up in one go and starting a new game. Best enjoyed and most useful in terms of new items etc that way.

I'm going to do the same and wait until it's on sale. Do people feel the game has been patched up to a good standardby now (PC version)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Think so. Deffenetly wont touch it for 800 points. I did not even bothered with first dlc for 400 on sale...

Dead Money was atrocious. Easily on par with Zeta for sheer banality. Really have high hopes for Honest Hearts - must admit I do love New Vegas, it's fantastic, though as someone else pointed out, it doesn't quite capture the feel of a post apocalyptc wasteland quite the way FO3 does....roll on the 17th.

Advertisement