Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

quarryman wrote: »
    It looks crap. What a disappointing finalé.

So when we thought that they finnaly learned what gamers want, they shot them selfs in a foot and gave one more liniar dlc. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

Grinded to level 30.. Achievement doesn't pop

fuuuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I've had this game for ages now and just started playing it this evening. Seems fun, lots of exploration to be done. I think I'll just play an unmodded version first and at some stage try to get the expansion packs (no way I'm paying €10 each for them) and will try some of the player mods out there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's alright but nothing more. Not a patch on Old World Blues. It's linear, and incredibly frustrating in a cheap sense in that it often throws stupidly hard enemies at you out of the blue. I died countless times because I was jumped by death claws that quite literally appeared out of nowhere. Disappointed, really, on the whole. Expected a lot more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's alright but nothing more. Not a patch on Old World Blues. It's linear, and incredibly frustrating in a cheap sense in that it often throws stupidly hard enemies at you out of the blue. I died countless times because I was jumped by death claws that quite literally appeared out of nowhere. Disappointed, really, on the whole. Expected a lot more.

Yeah the word "Lazy" came to mind with this DLC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

So, as someone who hasn't tried any of the DLC - do people who bought them all feel shortchanged omn the whole?

Did anyone download them for the PS3? I had massive problems with the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 for PS3 with bugs and freezes (not the original tho) and was wondering if this DLC worked a bit better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

noodler wrote: »
    So, as someone who hasn't tried any of the DLC - do people who bought them all feel shortchanged omn the whole?

Did anyone download them for the PS3? I had massive problems with the GOTY edition of Fallout 3 for PS3 with bugs and freezes (not the original tho) and was wondering if this DLC worked a bit better.

Had no problems, bar one minor one in Old World Blues where an NPC kept getting stuck on a text loop, had to reload a save several times to finally get past it. Other then that, all of the DLC was pretty much bug free, and I did a considerable amount of exploring across them all. In terms of value....Old World Blues is incredible, comparable to say, Broken Steel in terms of value for money. The rest are pretty lacklustre, I loathed Dead Money, thought Honest Hearts was mediocre. On the whole, Fallout 3's DLC was better across the board, though Mothership Zeta still gets my vote for worst DLC out of both titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Had no problems, bar one minor one in Old World Blues where an NPC kept getting stuck on a text loop, had to reload a save several times to finally get past it. Other then that, all of the DLC was pretty much bug free, and I did a considerable amount of exploring across them all. In terms of value....Old World Blues is incredible, comparable to say, Broken Steel in terms of value for money. The rest are pretty lacklustre, I loathed Dead Money, thought Honest Hearts was mediocre. On the whole, Fallout 3's DLC was better across the board, though Mothership Zeta still gets my vote for worst DLC out of both titles.
    I was going to ask if I should get the discounted DLCs on Xbox, but I think you just answered my question

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finished this on Friday, no dlc. Just like fallout 3, i really enjoyed it and fortunately i had no major bug issues, just a freeze here and there.

Went with the NCR ending and tbh unless i get into another run of the game that'll probably be it.

Equally as good as Fallout 3, pretty much an expansion really.

Also playing on hardcore wasn't as difficult as i thought it would be.

One last point. Those got damn insects with the poison! I hate them, even more than death claws!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fallout 3 still crashing for me since day 1, cant get any length into the game :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

I was really far into this game on PS3, then i traded in for an xbox, i recently purchased it again and im getting back into it.

I have yet to get any DLC, would i be better off completing the main story line and then DLC, or DLC first?

Im not sure what i have done but so far the NCR hates me, Legion hates me, and those lads in the prison hate me. Its a mile a minute just wandering around as everywhere I go i bump into one or another of these groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I was really far into this game on PS3, then i traded in for an xbox, i recently purchased it again and im getting back into it.

I have yet to get any DLC, would i be better off completing the main story line and then DLC, or DLC first?

Im not sure what i have done but so far the NCR hates me, Legion hates me, and those lads in the prison hate me. Its a mile a minute just wandering around as everywhere I go i bump into one or another of these groups.
    You'll have to complete the dlc first, the game still ends when you finish the main story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I bought New Vegas when it was released last year after being a huge Fallout 3 fan. I played around 5 hours of it and got bored so so easily. Cut to yesterday and I decide to give it a go through now that I have some time to kill. I'm enjoying it a lot more, doing whatever side quests I can etc. so I don't make the same mistake that I did in Fallout 3 (not being able to go back and do side quests once the main story is completed).

I'm really enjoying it again this time around. I'm only about 6 hours in and only level 5 or 6 or something like that but I can see many hours being put in ala Fallout 3. However, this is the glitchiest fcuking game I've ever bought, (PS3 version). It keeps freezing here and there, and just now when on a kill spree of some Legionaries the game decides to QUIT itself and bring me back to my XMB. Bullshít! I'm now downloading one of the updates in the hope that it'll rectify the problem somewhat, but I'll be an old man before it's finished downloading and updating. FFS I just want to play some videogames.

All in all, it's (kind of) back in my good books, for now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Almost a yr on and I still haven't finished the game,I've played for 96hrs according to steam :O

Yep I'm officially addicted again, was up until 5am on Saturday night trying to complete the Fly Me to the Moon quest. No more serious glitches thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Almost a yr on and I still haven't finished the game,I've played for 96hrs according to steam :O

219 hours here.

Just finished going through the last of the four expansion packs last night. Holy **** The Courier's Mile area at the end of the Lonesome Road DLC was insane. There wasn't even anything in there to take, aside from several thousand kilos of ammo which I had no hope of carrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,433 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Back playing New Vegas, gonna play as much as I can before 11th. Once Skyrim is out I don't think New Vegas will see daylight for a while

GOTY edition took its time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

qz wrote: »
    GOTY edition took its time!

And will take even more time as it's not out till February, not even worth it IMO. Old world blues is the only DLC for it worth anyone's time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭White Wolf Airsoft

I have 300+ Hours :o

Did anyone get the Gunrunners Arsenal DLC? For the life of me I can't get the .50 Explosive rounds to work in the GRA Anti-Material rifle. They're just greyed out on the Ammo screen like all the other incompatible ammo. They don't work with the original AM rifle either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Adyx wrote: »
    Did anyone get the Gunrunners Arsenal DLC? For the life of me I can't get the .50 Explosive rounds to work in the GRA Anti-Material rifle. They're just greyed out on the Ammo screen like all the other incompatible ammo. They don't work with the original AM rifle either.

Do they not even appear when you cycle through the ammo by pressing 2? Bizarrely you need to have the 'GRA version' of a gun for the unique ammo and mods from the GRA to work, so the explosive ammo wont work with the old AM Rifle. That said, if you have the GRA gun and the ammo still doesn't work then I don't know, it might be a bug.

Creature wrote: »
    Do they not even appear when you cycle through the ammo by pressing 2? Bizarrely you need to have the 'GRA version' of a gun for the unique ammo and mods from the GRA to work, so the explosive ammo wont work with the old AM Rifle. That said, if you have the GRA gun and the ammo still doesn't work then I don't know, it might be a bug.
    No, pressing 2 to cycle doesn't work either. I had tried with the GRA version first and when that didn't work I tried the vanilla rifle. I do have a load of mods installed including Fook which makes a lot of changes to weapons so it could be that. Actually now that I think of it the new shotgun ammo (20 gauge pulse etc) don't work either. I might disable Fook and see if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just finished the Sierre Madre DLC. Dead Money, is it?

Overall... cracking characters. The three of them were far better than the original companions. Just a real pity the gameplay side of things wasn't so terrible, and the level design so samey. It could have been fantastic DLC, seriously let down by repetitiveness and sheer boredom in fights. Interesting environmental effects, but not enough imagination in the previously alright combat.

Overall 6/10 at best. Characters and storyline + atmosphere... 9/10. Combat and enjoyability ... 3/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,874 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got this today in hmv new for a tenner. Loved fallout 3 other games coming out spouted me getting this. Bored of skyrim so couldnt pass this up for 10 euro.
    Anyway, any starting tips for character build?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just got this today in hmv new for a tenner. Loved fallout 3 other games coming out spouted me getting this. Bored of skyrim so couldnt pass this up for 10 euro.
    Anyway, any starting tips for character build?

While not so much a starting tip for character build, play on hardcore. Its adds a lot more depth to the game.

Personally I find putting points into speech is well worth it for this game more than FO3. However if you have played fallout 3 I think you will have a pretty decent idea about the game. The game mechanics are very similar.

Gonna give regular mode a go till I get used to the mechanics again. I saw you can get the couriers pack, all 4 preorder packs in one, and looks cheap too, must check it out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I must start the dlc on this,have all 4 of them

• Advertisement

I was just on psn store lookung at the dlc. 40 euro worth of game packs, the price should come down now that goty edition is out il wait and see how the game goes before buying anyway. Deciding whether to buy couriers stash or gun runners pack. Both are 1.99 euro

Advertisement