Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout: New Vegas

1626364656668»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

1. I dont think skyrim is as good as oblvion the dragons just get annoying, its just not as enjoyable in my opinion.

:eek:
    Get the pitchforks out guys!

Actually, I think i might be same. Flawed as it was I haven't felt Skyrim has "clicked" with me as well as Oblivion did.

One thing I did notice when going back to Fallout NV after Skyrim though was load times and how ridiculously long they are in Skyrim (on console anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

NV, for me, did not have as tight a narrative. Everything felt a bit too loose compared to FO3. I also did not care too much for the avatar that I was playing as. In FO3 I was able to place myself in the mind of my character (especially as I played through his back story). In NV you take over a fully fledged character but with no real information on who he is, what he does etc and I found it hard to relate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

quarryman wrote: »
    One thing I did notice when going back to Fallout NV after Skyrim though was load times and how ridiculously long they are in Skyrim (on console anyway).

Really? I felt the opposite, maybe its because there were more loading screens in New Vegas though. Going to see the leader of the Brotherhood of Steel really annoyed me in particular. Opening the door to the bunker - loading screen. Entering the bunker after the totally pointless and empty entrance corridor - loading screen. Going into the second part of the bunker when the guy I want to talk to is actually squirreled away - loading screen.

I dunno, maybe I was more forgiving of Skyrim subconciously because I want to have it's babies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Really? I felt the opposite, maybe its because there were more loading screens in New Vegas though. Going to see the leader of the Brotherhood of Steel really annoyed me in particular. Opening the door to the bunker - loading screen. Entering the bunker after the totally pointless and empty entrance corridor - loading screen. Going into the second part of the bunker when the guy I want to talk to is actually squirreled away - loading screen.

I dunno, maybe I was more forgiving of Skyrim subconciously because I want to have it's babies.
    Skyrim for me had its moments, such as the first time i was up the mountains at night and looked up to see the sky with the northern lights in full effect, that was special i will never forget it .

But the great was outweighed by the fact that i never really took to it the same way i did to oblivion .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

got this in the sales. is there a list of good mods i can just download somewhere?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

NV, for me, did not have as tight a narrative. Everything felt a bit too loose compared to FO3. I also did not care too much for the avatar that I was playing as. In FO3 I was able to place myself in the mind of my character (especially as I played through his back story). In NV you take over a fully fledged character but with no real information on who he is, what he does etc and I found it hard to relate

Yup. I really hated the 200 Endings, but half arsed endings. The FO3 one with Broken steel was proper stuff.
    then again NV did not had such great places and missions like
    VR vault or a Canibal village

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Nolars wrote: »
    got this in the sales. is there a list of good mods i can just download somewhere?

Thanks.

Take your pick from the Nexus (site could be acting the mickey right now, but it'll work most of the time)
    http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/top/

See the top 100 files list.

Get NVSE and the NV Mod Manager, then the rest is a piece of piss, you just choose the Install via mod manager button. Add them incrementally, see which ones crash your game, ignore them and install the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Take your pick from the Nexus (site could be acting the mickey right now, but it'll work most of the time)
    http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/top/

See the top 100 files list.

Get NVSE and the NV Mod Manager, then the rest is a piece of piss, you just choose the Install via mod manager button. Add them incrementally, see which ones crash your game, ignore them and install the rest.

Nice one thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got this as well for the DLCs, on Old World Blues with a new save and around level 12 but running out of .50 cal ammo.

Anywhere i can get some? Cant leave until i have a guide or map so cant go back to the gun runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got this as well for the DLCs, on Old World Blues with a new save and around level 12 but running out of .50 cal ammo.

Anywhere i can get some? Cant leave until i have a guide or map so cant go back to the gun runners.

No. You are stuck there unfortunately until you complete the main quests. I remember my armour disintegrating early on and being screwed in the latter part of the add-on.

• Advertisement

Battled tru it, very short tbh

The main game is fcuked as i picked everything the opposite of my last playtru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,138 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Funny, i only started playing this again last night. Well, continuing on from where i left off over a year ago. It's still not doing anything for me...

Advertisement