Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deferring after having accepted your place?

• 19-08-2010 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know whether you can defer for a year if you have already accepted your place @ UCC as a mature student (but haven't actually started your course or registered)? I think I read somewhere before that if you wanted to defer you shouldn't accept your CAO offer in the first place but what if something has come up after you've accepted your place and you can't go ahead with it? How accommodating might UCC be? Or would they just say: tough luck, pal! Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

Yes you can defer til next year and will need to contact the Admissions office.
    (021 490 3571 - admissions@ucc.ie )

http://www.ucc.ie/en/study/undergrad/faqs/index.html
    If I am offered a place in UCC, is it possible to defer for a year? EU Students who have been offered a place in University College Cork may be permitted, on application to the Admissions Officer, to defer entry to the University for one year. Applicants for Medicine and Dentistry are not permitted to defer, except under exceptional circumstances.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

Thanks for that, December! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

Hi.
    Just wondering, did you get the deferral?? I am in the same boat this year and I'm afraid I won't get the deferral.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Dude, the above posts are from like three years ago. But if you are in the same boat ring admissions tomorrow and ask them. It might be more complicated if you have already accepted the offer you got but they will be able to tell you for certain if it is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

I know it's from 3yrs ago but people still reply. I was just wondering if it had worked out for them. Have been onto admissions already haven't heard anything yet! Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement