Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic v Utrecht 1st Leg

• 19-08-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

A must win for Celtic at least a 2 goal lead going into 2nd leg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Saw Utrecht play back in March and they are no mugs. Mertens and van Wolfswinkel look decent players and know where the goal is. I think its their first year back in European competition and they seem to be taking it seriously. Good results so far albeit against lesser opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I'll take a 2-0 win tonight,important we don't concede an away goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

Mon the hoops!

3 nil my prediction, fortune first scorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Any online streams for the match?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Maloney terrible miss. Juarez has just scored.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Juaaaaaaarez

What a ball by Kayal. Get in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Get in!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

That was a hell of a ball to set Juarez up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Go on SAMMY!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Yaasssssss!!

Big Sammy!!

Samaras :D

Sickened, I was going to put a tenner on us to win by 3 or more, it's looking good now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

playin well but hope we push on in the 2nd half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Looks like Celtic are setup more defensive and wanting to keep a clean sheet. A third would always help though!

I see Celtic are using the electronic advertising boards. Are UEFA going to force ordinary ad boards for the rest of the competition or what?

BTW, Kayal is impressing me alot

Hard luck Forrest....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Have we found the 'The White Bobo? Really impressed with the big Swede.

Dempsey wrote: »
    BTW, Kayal is impressing me alot

Kayal, Juarez and Big Dan (not going to attempt that surname) all looking good so far. Glad Mulgrew didn't start.

Does he have a brain tho? balde was mad sometimes

• Advertisement

we've settled for 2-0 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

we've settled for 2-0 :(

We've settled for a clean sheet, we'd be happy to get another goal or five :pac:

Just noticed Luc Nijholt's son is playing for Utrecht. Thats a blast from the past!

Judging by that tackle....YES!

Eirebear wrote: »
    Just noticed Luc Nijholt's son is playing for Utrecht. Thats a blast from the past!

Remind me again?

Eirebear wrote: »
    Judging by that tackle....YES!

No harm having some of that for your lot. ;) Big Dan setting out his stall.

Delighted with that result, a third would have been icing on the cake, but 2 goals up and no away goal for them is next best thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Delighted with that result.

Big Danny Bhoy, Kayal & Juarez all impressed and the added bonus of a clean sheet at home.

PauloMN wrote: »
    No harm having some of that for your lot. ;) Big Dan setting out his stall.

Delighted with that result, a third would have been icing on the cake, but 2 goals up and no away goal for them is next best thing.

Same as that. A goal in Holland should see us through.

Big Dan ( not attempting it either ) and Kayal were impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Well done Celtic, professional job and you can't really ask for a better result to take away to Holland. Thought Kayal looked really good for Celtic, and the big defender did well considering he had Loovens beside him who as you know I dont rate at all!

Dutch looked good on the ball in fits and starts as you would expect, but no cutting edge from them to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Delighted with the win and the clean sheet,sets us up nicely for the 2nd leg. Kayal was very impressive and Ledley done well at left back. I was happy with the team overall but Zaluska is still giving me the shivers with his clearances,he looks very nervous every time he's clearing a back pass! The big Swede done well on his debut.

Advertisement