Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help installing Belkin Wireless router

Options
  • 19-08-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

hi
    Im having problems connecting my wireless router. I just recently bought Belkin N300 wireless router. I am with UPC network.

I have properly connected everything and started the software. I used static IP placed everything corectly yet in the end it wont connect..I tried to use dynamic IP and i got the same problem :(

I realy need help ASAP. thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You really need to give more information if you want people to help you.

I have properly connected everything and started the software.

What exactly have you got connected? What software do you mean?

Is a wireless signal being detected by whatever it is you have connected?

If you connect one of the "everythings" by ethernet to the new router does it pick up a signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

oh im sori i was in a rush typing it out, but i meant i followed all the instructions in setting it up, connected the router to my modem and pc, i got the two blue lights that was required to move on to installing the software that came with the router.

I was asked for my ip type, static or dynamic, i assumed mine was static so i got my modems ipconfig details by using command. The setup fails after my router trying to connect to the internet. I tried dynamic same result.
    I am on upc with 5mb dwnload speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 XxjustepicxX

Hey im getting upc installed on friday :D 5mb package and i have belkin router when u have to put in ip address and other stuff like default gateway where do i find that information?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

go to start, then run, type in CMD and press run. Now on the command window type "ipconfig /all" the details should all appear.

Advertisement