Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Societies in Cork

Options
  • 19-08-2010 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi, I'm starting college at UCC soon, and was wondering if there are any paranormal societies in Cork City. Any info would be appreciated. I doubt UCC has its own society, but I could always establish one if there is enough interest.

The only society I know of at the moment is the Cork Paranormal Investigators. Is anyone here a member?

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hey Brian I swear I am not following you.. :)

from Cork myself too, I cant remember coming across any clubs for stuff like this. There was one group but after an abusive email from one person there I didnt contact them anymore...

Nicole from another post haunted cork was saying that she would like to go see St.kevins so we might take a trip up there the end of September nothing arranged yet but if your around.. I would think there would be a few people interested in going to see places with a group it would just be a matter of organising it

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hey Brian I swear I am not following you.. :)

from Cork myself too, I cant remember coming across any clubs for stuff like this. There was one group but after an abusive email from one person there I didnt contact them anymore...

Nicole from another post haunted cork was saying that she would like to go see St.kevins so we might take a trip up there the end of September nothing arranged yet but if your around.. I would think there would be a few people interested in going to see places with a group it would just be a matter of organising it

Are you sure your not following me lol? :D It seems like we're the only two active in the paranormal section right now. I was born in Cork City and then lived my whole life in Waterford, but I'm still proud of being born in Cork and will be going back soon for university. My brother's in CIT.

Yep, St Kevin's is the place I would like to experience the most. It has always unnerved me, seeing it from a distance from across the Lee. Although I think I'm more afraid of unpleasant people (that's putting it mildly) being there if we do investigate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Hey Brian!

I've been in UCC for the past 4 years and am going into my 5th year next month, doing an MA in Film Studies. As Milly said I'm interested (as are one or two of my friends) in heading to St. Kevin's sometime. I'll be back down in Cork on the 13th and I don't think my lectures start til roughly the 27th so maybe sometime between then, preferably midweek if others are free then too?

Unfortunately UCC doesn't have a paranormal society, I wish it did!
    On a side note, if you need a hand with anything UCC related you could check out the UCC section of boards.ie or send me a PM, I know how daunting first year can be! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SkinTex

If you're interested in the Paranormal and would like to investigate it, I would suggest you'd take a look at the CPI website. It's not a group of students though, rather professionals with a passion for the unknown.

You can contact CPI on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Just signed up! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

SkinTex wrote: »
    If you're interested in the Paranormal and would like to investigate it, I would suggest you'd take a look at the CPI website. It's not a group of students though, rather professionals with a passion for the unknown.

You can contact CPI on their website.

Professionals ?? please explain :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    Professionals ?? please explain :confused:

I think they mean people who have professional jobs rather than students. I hope they dont mean professional paranormal investigators.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SkinTex

Mea culpa. Indeed Grimes, professional as in not being a UCC student group. Some take it very serious though, with research, expensive equipment, reporting, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Grimes wrote: »
    I think they mean people who have professional jobs rather than students. I hope they dont mean professional paranormal investigators.

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    Hey Brian!

I've been in UCC for the past 4 years and am going into my 5th year next month, doing an MA in Film Studies. As Milly said I'm interested (as are one or two of my friends) in heading to St. Kevin's sometime. I'll be back down in Cork on the 13th and I don't think my lectures start til roughly the 27th so maybe sometime between then, preferably midweek if others are free then too?

Unfortunately UCC doesn't have a paranormal society, I wish it did!
    On a side note, if you need a hand with anything UCC related you could check out the UCC section of boards.ie or send me a PM, I know how daunting first year can be! :)

Hello Again

Just trying to suss this out now. Would anyone know how to perhaps go about getting permission to go into St. Kevins. I did ask CPI but I have heard nothing back from them. Would it be very hopefull of me to think they would give permission :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement