Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a rip-off? Gorgorath Live in Bergen cd?

Options
  • 19-08-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

My brother just paid 18 euros in Sound Cellar for a 2 song EP - 'Gorgoroth Live in Bergen 1996.

Seems a bit much to me.

Was he stung?

He's not from Dublin so it's not a case of bringing it back too easily.

He's raging. It's only £7.99 on Play.com. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

It wasn't a rip off if he was willing and happy to pay 18 euro for it. Had ye seen it on play for 30euro you wouldn't be complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

baldshin wrote: »
    It wasn't a rip off if he was willing and happy to pay 18 euro for it. Had ye seen it on play for 30euro you wouldn't be complaining.

True enough.

It's not my money, I don't care.

Just pointing out the fact that Sound Cellar are rip-off merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

I wouldn't say they are rip off merchants. They're just an independant store who struggle I'd imagine to stay open, and have to charge high prices. It's a shame, love to see little places like that, but it's soooo much cheaper to shop online.
    On another note it's ludicrous the band released a 2 track live cd, why not the whole live show!?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

The 2 track thing is ridiculous alright.

I know Sound Cellar have been around for yonks, and my brother has always done his best to support them. He has been going there for years. But they've lost his custom because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

oof! thats like €9 a gorgorath track.. not even studio quality

take it up with tommy. but at the end of the day, that is what he did pay.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement