Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moral dileama

Options
  • 19-08-2010 8:44pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So i met a woman im interested. Im a straight male, but most of you know im transitioning. Is it wrong of me to pursue anything at the momment given my situation. She is on boards too but i dont think she knows yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You started as physically female and are transitioning to male, or the opposite?

If the former, I think it's only fair to explain it before anything physical happens. If the latter...well, I suppose no need to say anything until it would begin to become a problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Im going from Male to Female. I've only just met her and would feel it to be a cruel act to continue anything with her under the premise that I would remain a male when in fact I won't.

I'm just working this out in my head and think it would be slightly cruel of me to build a trusting and loving relationship with someone only to tell them this later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Best thing I can think of is to direct you to this thread, from a few days ago over in TLL. I think it'll give you a good flavour of what most women would be thinking in this exact situation!

Transgender partner thread

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Thanks Zoe.

Advertisement