Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert - ALERT - In Vogue Spray Tan Blackrock, Co. Dublin

Options
  • 19-08-2010 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

mods please move if it's in the wrong area.

got a text on 31 July from In Vogue in Blackrock advertising a spray tan special for the month of August - 15 quid a pop..........so I book for tonight and go and get it done, the lady asks me which tan I want, and I say it didn't bother me either way (I wasn't being smart, I was bowing to her knowledge), so she says St. Tropez then, so I say grand, get the tan done and come down to pay - 35 quid so I say I thought it was 15, 'oh not for designer tans, on only the US tan - is that ok' so I said 'well, it's done now, so I guess, but I was told it was 15'.........so I paid and I'll NEVER go there again - I feel completely ripped off (Carter beauty across the road do them for 15 as a special offer with NO BLOODY STRINGS) - In Vogue, you've lost a customer - for the sake of 20 quid
    :mad:

and yes, I know it's still good value but at no point in the entire process did anyone tell me that it was on a graded system.........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

did you specifically ask for the €15 tan at any stage?

(better suited to consumer issues btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

no - but at no point did anyone specify that the offer was limited to certain types of tans..........not to worry though, they won't catch me like that again, cos I won't be going there again - this point is to notify others that may also be planning on getting the tan via the offer that they may also be tricked into thinking that the tan is 15 quid

I don't understand.

You walked in, asked for a tan without specifying any deal they had on, they recommended a tan to you, you accepted, went through with it, and now you're complaining about them because you never asked for the deal they had on in the first place?

Did you just assume that every tan they had was €15?

I don't really know how tanning shops work, and I've never been in one, so I'm really just thrown off here.

But so far, OP, it sounds entirely your own doing?

eeemmmmm

got a text on 31 July from In Vogue in Blackrock advertising a spray tan special for the month of August - 15 quid a pop..........so I book for tonight and go and get it done, the lady asks me which tan I want, and I say it didn't bother me either way (I wasn't being smart, I was bowing to her knowledge), so she says St. Tropez then, so I say grand, get the tan done and come down to pay - 35 quid so I say I thought it was 15, 'oh not for designer tans, on only the US tan - is that ok' so I said 'well, it's done now, so I guess, but I was told it was 15'.........so I paid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Can you post the text in it's entirety? They should have had some sort of disclaimer to say that "selected tans" or something like that. But the internet machine that we are, can't make a decision until you post the complete text.

I can't imagine they would send out information like that without some sort of disclaimer or something, so to be honest I can't say I'd put the blame on the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved to consumer issues.

Op if you didnt ask for the offer, i cant see this as being an issue.

I booked it on foot of the text and spoke to the lady I booked it with about the text and said how it was brilliant value - the text is gone now as it was sent on 31 July - this is just as a 'watch out for it' to other consumers that may be trying to avail of the same 'offer'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

I have to say I think that you should have mentioned the text offer again when you entered the salon and when the lady asked you which tan you wanted. Sorry - it is always best to mention, rather than regret it and pay the price (€20 extra)

not to worry now - it won't happen again cos I won't be going in there again.........and you know the old marketing saying that a happy customer will tell 7 people and an unhappy one will tell 11 - over 150 people have read this thread, so that's my 11 told..........buyer beware with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

See I don't think that it is a bad story for the shop, as they did nothing wrong as such. It just makes people more aware that they need to be aware of the offer and mention it when you enter the shop rather than when paying after getting the product and it is not the type of product that you can return ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You didn't mention any offer, instead you assumed.
    I don't see how thats there fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

cjmcork wrote: »
    not to worry now - it won't happen again cos I won't be going in there again...

I'd say it will if you've the attitude that you're completely blameless in the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i think we are being unfair to the OP. She mentioned on the phone to the lady about the text offer hence they knew this. Now the OP should have said it again in the salon because in Ireland, we always seem to have to constantly remind them of the offer but she did state it at time of booking.
    Thanks for the heads up OP

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Regardless of the text the salon staff member should have explained that there was a differance in price between differant spray tans when they asked the OP which tan she would like!

Thanks for the heads up op- this salon was lazy in all it's communications with you, for whatever reason. ;)

Advertisement