Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow transfer rates at 300Mbps

Options
  • 19-08-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi friends,

Just got wrt610n and have it running. I am wifi'ing to it via an Intel 4965AGN Wireless PCIe card in my laptop. I have a USB drive connected to router as a NAS. All drivers/firmware have been updated.

Signal is excellent
    Connection is 300Mbps

But actual transfer rates are poor to / from the NAS, getting around 3MB. Can I get any more than this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Absolute max is 30MB/sec but there are overheads associated with encryption etc so maybe ~28MB/sec

You need a little more info than "Excellent" signal as provided for by Windows. What does your router say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Absolute max is 30MB/sec but there are overheads associated with encryption etc so maybe ~28MB/sec

You need a little more info than "Excellent" signal as provided for by Windows. What does your router say?

I dont know. Surely my router does not report the connection strength of a client?
    I am sitting about 8 feet from router with laptop. Windows 7 reports connection as Excellent, connected at 300Mbps

Advertisement