Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Plane 10 is looking good

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭conork93

wow that looks unreal ...im really hoping MS flight will be better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The F-22 3d model looks way off around the nose cone area, it's too long. Also an F-22 on a CVN:o, doesn't exactly fill you with confidence as a flight sim.

I think military sims like Lockon 2, Black Shark, F4: AF and the new A10C are more realistic than any of the MS Flight Sim or XPlane "sims", in terms of flight physics. Granted they don't feature as many flight models but at least they are modeled to a far higher degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭bobblepuzzle

The F-22 3d model looks way off around the nose cone area, it's too long. Also an F-22 on a CVN:o, doesn't exactly fill you with confidence as a flight sim.

I think military sims like Lockon 2, Black Shark, F4: AF and the new A10C are more realistic than any of the MS Flight Sim or XPlane "sims", in terms of flight physics. Granted they don't feature as many flight models but at least they are modeled to a far higher degree.

X-Plane uses its much more advanced physics features as fodder against any other flight sim... and they are actually right in this respect... as regards graphics they are well behind MS Flight Sim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm a massive fan of X-Plane but that's a terrible promo. What were they thinking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 james79

The video is not X-plane 10, just the 2010 promo of X-plane 9 for OshKosh. It includes a few planes that may ship with 10.

The only leaks on v10 so far are the new global illumination model videos. The weather and atc are also being overhauled, and they have talked about global scenery is being re-cut at higher fidelity with open street map data integration. Nice engine exhaust effect in the cirrus clip...

http://xplanescenery.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

any ideas when ten is to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

video is not very smooth, I get a sense of slow fps in full screen which is worrying considering it's a "video" and I'm on 24Mb broadband. Surely a promo vid should be shot as smooth as can be

Advertisement