Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fsx EI-SAR anyone ??? :)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭conork93

Hi guys , more pictures :

2010-8-17_13-11-22-453.jpg

2010-8-17_13-11-18-203.jpg

the SAR model will be a fully detailed model of EI-SAR ( waterford SAR helicopter ) . its winch and flir pod , and all other antennas have not yet been added .. BTW it will also get a fod shield instead of those cones , also all ICG Reg's will be done ( not included but as repaints afterwords ) by me or Brandon filer ( modeler and textures ) its easy to just change the reg of this paint to any of the others ( because EI-MES has been newly painted ) ......but if ya want the old paint .....ive already started it and can add it at the end as a repaint :)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

looks great,but the cockpit isn't quite to ICG spec

066-2-.jpg

not trying to be smart,just thought i'd post it incase you want to change it

looks great so far!

hi ''punchdrunk'' . thanks for your reply , yes I'm aware of the icg cockpit shape ...and it is planned to be modeled for the SAR variant ...btw also if you notice seats in the cabin and stuff like that ...the SAR variant will have an SAR interior ( this model is really just the standard model with an icg paint :D )....all icg bits will be added (even down to small antennas....trust me ;D )

if anyone has any more questions or wants to see more pictures please just ask :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Well done but will this be dual mode ( ie for FS9/FSX I hope so as the majority would still be FS9 Jockeys ) is this the S61n from Dave Harcastle? I think it needs more shape especially around the body of the Aircraft.

See my pics if u like: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055563201&highlight=Rescue

Your welcome to use my pics for Modelling/forming purposes whatever you need.

Other than that well done, its just a shame there is not one decent S61N model for FS9/FSX like they ( FS Community ) can make Blackhawks/Kiowa's etc the lot but not one decent S61N.

I wish you the very best for this and am really looking forward to the finished example.

Hi Steyr
    its going to be an fsx only model :( sorry ...its been developed from Dave's gmax sourse files ...but with some reshaping around the nose area ...yeah I'm aware about the shape problems but its too late to start remodeling now :( look on the bright side it will be the only S-61 pack out there ...and i agree with you 100 % when you say there should be more S-61N's as its my favorite aircraft of all time .....it will look better with all its details added ....also Ive never told ya all the models ..sorry .....here they are :

- base / normal variant ( oil rig and passenger transport )
    - SAR variant ( Irish coast guard and maybe HM coast guard )
    - S-61L
    - firefighting model with bellytank and waterdrop effects ( based on the L model )
    - Carson upgraded version ( glass cockpit , new rotor blades , improved performance

id also like to add the all credit goes to Brandon filer ( model and textures ) and Lucas Harrison ( panel and flight dynamics ) ......im just helping really :D but dont do any of the ''real'' work

cheers :)

Conor

• Advertisement

Thats fine but i think if you can it sould be tweaked to be FS9 Compatible.

Steyr wrote: »
    Thats fine but i think if you can it sould be tweaked to be FS9 Compatible.

ill ask the ''boss '' ( brandon or lucas ) if that can be done for sure ;)..ill let you know if it can or cant be done

conork93 wrote: »
    ill ask the ''boss '' ( brandon or lucas ) if that can be done for sure ;)..ill let you know if it can or cant be done

Great stuff thanks, i dont know how much bother would it be as i see alot of Freeware etc on Flightsim.com is FS9/FSX Compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

If it's compiled as a true FSX model it won't work in FS9...if compiled as an FS9 model it won't look right in FSX. Unless both models are created (which will be time consuming to say the least) then one bunch of simmers will be disappointed.

Maybe time to switch to the newer sim,Steyr? ;):p:D

Nforce wrote: »
    Maybe time to switch to the newer sim,Steyr? ;):p:D

Not a hope, i have FS9 running a dream here:cool:

• Advertisement

hi steyr
    the S-61N will not work in FSX ...sorry ...ive asked the ''boss'' ( Brandon ) ..basicly for all the reasons ''Nforce'' said above ....sorry about that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 HughesMDflyer4

As conor said, the model will be FSX only. It would be too much work to make both versions. I want to spend time on other models after the S-61, like the Bell 407, Hughes/MD 500 series, and others. FSX mdls don't work in FS9 at all, so don't even try it. ;)

Brandon :cool:

Anyone want more pictures :P ................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Well Conor if you have any of the sar model throw them up.. :D

Are you goin to do every aircraft EI-CXS, EI-CZN, EI-GCE, EI-MES, EI-RCG, EI-SAR..

Oh and just something EI-SAR Isn't Exclusive to Waterford the aircraft work on rotation;)

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Well Conor if you have any of the sar model throw them up.. :D

Are you goin to do every aircraft EI-CXS, EI-CZN, EI-GCE, EI-MES, EI-RCG, EI-SAR..

Oh and just something EI-SAR Isn't Exclusive to Waterford the aircraft work on rotation;)

Hi Shane

sorry :(:(:(....the SAR model ( with winch and FLIR ) is not done yet ...but if ya guys want more pictures of the aircraft above ...just ask :)

The finished pack will include one aircraft (EI-SAR )..but i plan afterwords to repaint every aircraft so people can have a bit of choice :D ( it will be the same model with different Reg's and ill also do some ''old colours'' repaints :D )

oh and about helicopters moving from base to base ....i did not no that ...thanks :)...well i know now :D ......so EDIT : its not the waterford helicopter ...just the one with the cool reg :P :P :P

Yeah, only EI-SAR will be in the final package. (For the SAR version, at least)I don't think we need all of them painted. No one has that much of an issue that they need seven identical paints with a different tail number on each! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Hey i'm easy, as long as there is a IRCG repaint i'm happy, but knowing Conor he'll eventually paint them all :D

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Hey i'm easy, as long as there is a IRCG repaint i'm happy, but knowing Conor he'll eventually paint them all :D

LOL!!! You can count on that!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Just a little bit that doesn't seem right the reg is far too high it needs to be slightly lower. Just to add EI-SAR is and has always being based in Waterford since it's arrival in 2001 the only time it has not being based is down to maintaince issue's or covering at another base for a short period

shanemul wrote: »
    Just a little bit that doesn't seem right the reg is far too high it needs to be slightly lower. Just to add EI-SAR is and has always being based in Waterford since it's arrival in 2001 the only time it has not being based is down to maintaince issue's or covering at another base for a short period

Thanks for adding that point ...im glad i know now :D also shane and brandon ...YES i will be painting all aircraft in the end :P ...also brandon please lower the reg :P :D hahaha

• Advertisement

conork93 wrote: »
    Thanks for adding that point ...im glad i know now :D also shane and brandon ...YES i will be painting all aircraft in the end :P ...also brandon please lower the reg :P :D hahaha

Oh Conor. Where to begin... :p

Oh Conor. Where to begin... :p

Well you can start by fixing the reg ...and going on MSN every now and then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

whats the update on this? :D

Not too much to report. Haven't done a whole bunch lately.:D Project is still alive though. ;)

Advertisement