Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 1101 not ringing

Options
  • 19-08-2010 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭

Just noticed this today. Got a text and it just vibrated. No sound from incoming calls or texts. I checked to make sure it was not on "silent". The volume level is at 5 (the highest).

If I go to the selection of ring tones, I can hear the different ones (including my selected one), but only by putting the phone to my ear. There is only about six messages on it over all.

Tried changing the battery to no avail.

I know this is an old model, but it suits me just fine, and it was OK up to today. Don't want to change it unless it's absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance for any opinions. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its probably a hardware problem and nothing you can do apart from paying for the repair, it wouldn't cost much, but i would be inclined to recommend to put it towards a newer model instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Davy wrote: »
    Its probably a hardware problem and nothing you can do apart from paying for the repair, it wouldn't cost much, but i would be inclined to recommend to put it towards a newer model instead.

Thanks Davy. :)

Depending on the cost, I'll probably get it repaired. I am an "old school" guy :D. It's not that I dont want to pay for an upgrade, but that I'll probably be paying for things I dont want.

All I want is to send/receive texts and calls... dont need a camara, music player, internet etc.

Anyway thanks again for your reply. I'll make enquiries today.

It could cost €30. For €60 you could get a brand new handset, (nothing fancy) but will have a 24 month warranty. If you pay the €30, and it brakes in a month or two and you can live with it, then fair enough.

If you asked me to suggest a model for you, this would probably be my choice: Nokia 2330. Its one of my favourite basic phones at the minute. Its only €55 and its sim free, meaning it will work with any network sim card. Its not a 3g handest, but either is the 1101, and because of this it has a great battery life.

It could cost €30. For €60 you could get a brand new handset, (nothing fancy) but will have a 24 month warranty. If you pay the €30, and it brakes in a month or two and you can live with it, then fair enough.

If you asked me to suggest a model for you, this would probably be my choice: Nokia 2330. Its one of my favourite basic phones at the minute. Its only €55 and its sim free, meaning it will work with any network sim card. Its not a 3g handest, but either is the 1101, and because of this it has a great battery life.

Yeah, what you say about the repair cost and the cost of upgrading makes sense alright. This one only cost me 29 euros, so I guess it owes me nothing. :D

I appreciate your suggestion for a new model, as I know very little about them. I'll check out the Nokia 2330 model today.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

An update :

As you guys suggested, I opted for a new phone. Took Davy's advice and went with the 2330.

I'm delighted with it. It's up to date without being complicated.

Thanks again for your input guys. :)

Nice result, glad you like it. If you have any problems with it, let me know.

Advertisement