Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed Aldi for Swords

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Traffic is already a problem in that area because of the school - can't see the residents being too happy about a supermarket as well.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I thought that was the application for the one in Rivervalley - there's no sign of anything happening yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Yeah that application says "Lands at and adjoining The Parochial House (Protected Structure Ref. 358), Seatown Road, Swords, Co. Dublin.". Personally I'd prefer if it didn't go into Rivervalley Shopping Centre as the traffic would be brutal in the surrounding area. There's better access to the proposed site off Seatown roundabout I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Shred wrote: »
    Yeah that application says "Lands at and adjoining The Parochial House (Protected Structure Ref. 358), Seatown Road, Swords, Co. Dublin.". Personally I'd prefer if it didn't go into Rivervalley Shopping Centre as the traffic would be brutal in the surrounding area. There's better access to the proposed site off Seatown roundabout I would think.

Quite the opposite.

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Quite the opposite.

So just off a dual carriage way as opposed to coming through an already busy swords village or boroimhe through multiple sets of lights potentially adding to traffic queues and then through a housing estate is quite the ooposite? Granted it would have been better if it was located in the estate where Woodies is rather than the other residential side though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The roads in and around Rivervalley are well able to cope with the traffic, and there's a grand big car park too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Shred wrote: »
    So just off a dual carriage way as opposed to coming through an already busy swords village or boroimhe through multiple sets of lights potentially adding to traffic queues and then through a housing estate is quite the ooposite? Granted it would have been better if it was located in the estate where Woodies is rather than the other residential side though.

None of the roads to the proposed Aldi in Rivervalley go through any estates?

From the R132 onto the L2300 to the Rathingle Road through to Rivervalley Road, all of which are distributor roads & have no houses face directly onto them.

celticbest wrote: »
    None of the roads to the proposed Aldi in Rivervalley go through any estates?

From the R132 onto the L2300 to the Rathingle Road through to Rivervalley Road, all of which are distributor roads & have no houses face directly onto them.

That's one possible route, the other is the first right from the village. Access to the village is already a pain in the hoop on weekends without this if you ask me and this could make it difficult to get out of Rivervalley itself. Either way, I'm not in favour of it but I know others are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Have they considered the empty unit in Airside nearest to the Swords Road? It's been unused for some time and Aldi or Lidl are probably the only shops that would bring life back to that end of Airside.

Advertisement