Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiots guide to an uprising

Options
  • 19-08-2010 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

So in light of the weekly thread complaining about the government and banks which brings forth the opinions that an uprising is needed.

Just how exactly would we go about it?

Its not as if protests or petitions do any good because the gov. simply wait a week for us to forget about it.

Forget voting the other way (as if there is one) the fact that if they dont get into the Dail they find their way onto a committee or some ****e.

And as for riots in the streets that only ends in death. Literally, remember those that died in Greece.

So what to do.

What could possible cause Cowan and his ilk to **** their pants enough that they would actual think to change their brown envelope, I'll scratch your back, you give me that massive contract ways?:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Hike income taxes(not that i endorse it:D). Lets face it, we havent had a really huge hike in income tax since this crisis started.
    I maybe have had 40quid deducted from my wage packet, heck they had 5-10 times that deducted in the 80's.

My point, hit people in the pocket and you will get trouble in the streets as money makes the world goes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Make loads of threads about cookers, cats and birds.

That'll show 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

So in light of the weekly thread complaining about the government and banks which brings forth the opinions that an uprising is needed.

Its not as if protests or petitions do any good because the gov. simply wait a week for us to forget about it.

Forget voting the other way (as if there is one) the fact that if they dont get into the Dail they find their way onto a committee or some ****e.

And as for riots in the streets that only ends in death. Literally, remember those that died in Greece.

So what to do.

What could possible cause Cowan and his ilk to **** their pants enough that they would actual think to change their brown envelope, I'll scratch your back, you give me that massive contract ways?:mad:
    So easy I did it for you.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Prabhu Deva

gurramok wrote: »
    Hike income taxes(not that i endorse it:D). Lets face it, we havent had a really huge hike in income tax since this crisis started.
    I maybe have had 40quid deducted from my wage packet, heck they had 5-10 times that deducted in the 80's.

My point, hit people in the pocket and you will get trouble in the streets as money makes the world goes around.

anyone who can get a high income will just up and leave then.

well maybe not, anyone who had the means to get out of this place is already gone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Something like this should work:

Me: Hey Mr. Cowen.

Mr Cowen: yes concerned citizen?

Me: You're a big stoopid poopy head.

Mr Cowen: Thats it, what I cant stands I cant stands no more...I'm quitting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

anyone who can get a high income will just up and leave then.

well maybe not, anyone who had the means to get out of this place is already gone

I know :)

What i'm getting at is the '07 election. Hordes voted FF on the promise of reduced taxes, that is more money in my pocket for the average Joe and Jane.

The Irish electorate are selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Another possible avenue of approach....

OP: Hey....Cowen!!

Biffo: What?

OP: Give this to your banker buddies /click, click, boom.

Job done. Election time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Or option 3.

You: Would you like some coke and hookers sir?

Biffo: Why yes of course.

Snap snap and bribe him with the pictures, foolproof really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Get some Acme TNT place under Dail and Kaboom

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

maybe gather a big group of volunteers in dublin, take over various key strategic targets in the city centre e.g. the gpo, liberty hall, the royal college of surgeons, heuston/connolly station, four courts, the central bank

sure to work ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Throw coconuts at their very selective tents at the races and golfing outings attended by their banking and property buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Or option 3.

You: Would you like some coke and hookers sir?

Biffo: Why yes of course.

Snap snap and bribe him with the pictures, foolproof really.

Imagine ridin' biffo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

A resonable and proportioned criticism might be a good place to start before we take to the streets.

Otherwise they're going to think we're ****ing idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

orourkeda wrote: »
    Imagine ridin' biffo

Eww a little sick came up my throat uuugh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

BluesBerry wrote: »
    Eww a little sick came up my throat uuugh :(

I'd say he's an animal in the saddle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

orourkeda wrote: »
    I'd say he's an animal in the saddle

Id say hes an animal at the dinner table

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

snyper wrote: »
    Id say hes an animal at the dinner table

I bet he looks like a melted Dyson when his snout's in the trough.

Advertisement