Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the pale moonlight

Options
  • 19-08-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭

I think this may be my favourite DS9 episode.

Shows a corruptible and dark side of Sisko and Garrick is epic in it.

Really shows Garrick for what he is, the best and most complex character in Trek by a country mile, and a devious fucker to boot :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Yeah I agree with what your saying particularly on the dark side of Sisko. One of my favourite DS9 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Quality episode, Brooks & Robinson really shine in this one. Def one of the top ten DS9 episodes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Definitely (there is a relatively recent thread on this if a mod wants to merge?) It's an epic epic episode but really signifies the turning point in the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It is an outstanding episode. I think this one episode summed up the difference in tone between DS9 and the other treks. For all the arguments about which series was better (Enterprise closer in tone to original, TNG expanded original nicely, Voyager..... um. Had that Borg babe) DS9 (esp from S3 on) was IMHO just the most INTERESTING. Characters and situations weren't black and white (Look at the whole Kardassian arc)

I mean, just imagine Janeway's nasal voice doing this speech:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I mean, just imagine Janeway's nasal voice doing this speech:

No, just no.

I can't imagine how this episode would possibly work with the Voyager crew, they'd probably just blow up the alpha quadrant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Definitely one of the best episodes of DS9 and possibly all of the Star Trek series

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Definitely one of the best episodes of DS9 and possibly all of the Star Trek series

actually that vid is the one bit I don't like, he sounds really odd saying it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

It's a fake is the one line I really remember! Now if I could only slip it into every day conversation....

Seriously thought, this was a great episode. Good writing and tense drama. Excellant character development.

9 gets too much stick but in a lot of ways it's pushed the ST genre further and in a better way than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Hmm-mmm.

I like the episode, but, isn't it hypocritical that Sisko thinks that Section 31 is bad organisation when he does stuff like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Hmm-mmm.

I like the episode, but, isn't it hypocritical that Sisko thinks that Section 31 is bad organisation when he does stuff like this?

Nobody is perfect, thats the beauty of it. The whole episode is about him being disturbed that he can live with himself, after what he's just done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement