Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flies Everywhere

• 19-08-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else notice all the little black flies everywhere in the town?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

yeah twas on wlr today, they'l be talking about it tomorrow

theyre called St marks flies

annoyin little buggers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

seams to be a massive amount all over the country. I hit a swarm on the motorway out of shannon last week that left the front of my van red, was like something out of a horror movie, blood all over the windscreen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Yep house is full of them. Cant seem to get rid of them either. Cant use spray becuase of animals, and the fly bands dont work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

They were all over my car when I finished work today, and yesterday when I finished in the gym. Dont seem to be any near my house ! There were some load of bee's out around the dunmore road area last week too, and again none near my house...im lucky I guess:)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

all the spiders in my gaff are havin a party!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

i was being attacked by loads of em Walking along the Doneraile in Tramore lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

they kept flying into my face yesterday when I was walking. Wasn't sure if I needed a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I was eating a 99 and one landed in my ice cream :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

ya should see the state of my helmet...bicycle helmet that is.....where's the cheese gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Meatwad wrote: »
    ya should see the state of my helmet...bicycle helmet that is.....where's the cheese gone?

U should always clean under the rim otherwise the cheese will begin to
    go off & creates a bit of a pong. Any potential visitors down under will
    refuse entry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I had to stop and clean my motorcycle visor a couple of times last sunday, little buggers have the bike destroyed.flyg.gifflyg.gifflyg.gifflyg.gifflyg.gifflyg.gifflyg.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

We have had swarms of them on and off out here in Kill since Mon, all seem to be mating. Was wondering what they were called.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Tramore was covered with them the other day. went for a swim in the guilmean and the water was literially covered in dead ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Their appears to be millions of the thongs down the coel road end of the IDA estate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Annoying fcukers but atleast we don't have 2ft-3ft giant rats running around like they have in the England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Odats wrote: »
    Annoying fcukers but atleast we don't have 2ft-3ft giant rats running around like they have in the England.

Theres plenty of giant rats running around Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Theres plenty of giant rats running around Waterford.

Depends on which type of giant rats you're implying :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Odats wrote: »
    Depends on which type of giant rats you're implying :D:D

The ones of the human kind :D

But the flies are bad everywhere,i was coming from Wexford earlier and i thought it was starting to rain because there was so many of them hitting the windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

got hit in the face walking through town 3 or 4 times....

got the bus out the dunmore road too, bus was covered with em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Yeah, I notices lots of black flies around the city, not the normal house flies, but almost like some kind of fruit fly or something. There's a tree outside the Granary cafe that is literally crawling with them. They seem to like the leaves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I haven't seen any fully grown ones yet. They look like ugly ****ers too! I've never seen them around before. I'll assume they're harmless considering I've been going around with a hoover after them for the past week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

Roll on the frost and get rid of all these flys and wasps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cherrymount apparently remains free of these blighters cos I havn't seen even one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Lads heard the best one today. Apparently they are been brought in by.... Nigerians. Lols!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

mike65 wrote: »
    Cherrymount apparently remains free of these blighters cos I havn't seen even one.

some neighbourhoods even flies won't touch.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Lads heard the best one today. Apparently they are been brought in by.... Nigerians. Lols!
    If ever there was an excuse for one of these...

simpsons_angry_mob.png

Advertisement