Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catherine - the Persona teams new game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭AllYourBass

Thanks Vib Ribbon! Fingers crossed for this one so, but they were never considering a US release until the requests came in, so hopefully, if it's not region free, it will get a PAL release at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks Vib Ribbon! Fingers crossed for this one so, but they were never considering a US release until the requests came in, so hopefully, if it's not region free, it will get a PAL release at least.

No problem Kaneda/Zero Wing hybrid :pac:

It's a shame all niche titles like this aren't given a region free release for the west. I'm sick of Europe being screwed over :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I read PS3 was the lead console and the videos on the 360 take a big hit in quality so PS3 seems to be the way to go with this one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

At least Sony continue to support region free (if they could support online gaming properly that would be nice too :pac:). Always felt the only people losing out are the minority of gamers who are actually interested in imports - it's not like your average gamer is going to import cheaper Asian copies of Black Ops! It's rare and niche titles like Catherine that Western audiences completely miss, which is a shame.

Still, wouldn't abandon all hope yet. No announcement over region free, and although Atlus aren't the biggest fans of European releases, wouldn't rule out a PAL version at some point. Surely there's a small market for Japanese psychological adult thrillers featuring a protagonist often in his underpants? No?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

for anyone with an american account, the demo for Catherine will be up on the USA store tomorrow night - 12th July.

Can't wait...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm guessing it's the same one from the Japanese store months back... Nice to finally understand what they're saying though :D

Going to wait it out myself for the full release though. Doesn't appear as if Atlus have changed their stance on including original language audio though. Alas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,426 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm guessing it's the same one from the Japanese store months back... Nice to finally understand what they're saying though :D

Going to wait it out myself for the full release though. Doesn't appear as if Atlus have changed their stance on including original language audio though. Alas!

Did you play the demo?

Did you articulate your thoughts on it?

This game looks a bit out there for me.

noodler wrote: »
    Did you play the demo?

Did you articulate your thoughts on it?

This game looks a bit out there for me.

Back on the first page: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70379425&postcount=14 :)

It's definitely not Persona in any way, shape or form, but it seems like a fascinating oddity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone else getting Vincents boxer shorts?

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyone else getting Vincents boxer shorts?

It would be rude not to.

I still fear customs when a pizza box arrives from Canada stuffed with boxer shorts and pillow cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

This looks like a really good and original game. Even IGN sings it's praises-but it's not getting a release in Europe because Atlus has no distributor here.
    Any chance this can be remedied? I'm sick of missing out on Japanese games which get released in the U.S. but not in Europe. FPS games are becoming old hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Azure_sky wrote: »
    This looks like a really good and original game. Even IGN sings it's praises-but it's not getting a release in Europe because Atlus has no distributor here.
    Any chance this can be remedied? I'm sick of missing out on Japanese games which get released in the U.S. but not in Europe. FPS games are becoming old hat.

<video snip>

Import them man!!! You really are missing out by not doing so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Import them man!!! You really are missing out by not doing so

You can do that for the PS3, but not for the XBOX 360. 360 is region locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Azure_sky wrote: »
    You can do that for the PS3, but not for the XBOX 360. 360 is region locked.

Ahhh... I feel so sorry for you XBOX players because of that :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Gave it a whirl there, I'm impressed. The gameplay in the demo is all block pushing, but it's extremely fast-paced, intense block pushing! First is a tutorial stage, while the second has you being chased by a giant hand with giant fork (yup). It's actually fairly tricky in the 2nd stage, especially to get all the bonus cash and a dastardly final pattern.

Graphically, it is just gorgeous: both the HD anime cutscenes and the fantastic in-game engine. The atmosphere - even lost in translation - is spooky and surreal. There are two main cutscenes, and both features characters having conversations - of course entirely Japanese, so the story most definitely won't translate too easily.

But, yeah, gameplay alone is easy to get a grasp on, and surprisingly challenging: a pleasant mix of platforming and puzzling. Missing out on the storyline is a shame, but hey we can hope for an English language release at some point :)

It's on the US PSN now, has piqued my interest.
    Reckon I'll import this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

IGN Review gave it 9/10

Just to remind everyone all pre-orders in the US come with an artbook and soundtrack CD, plus the Love is Over edition is only going to be produced to demand if you care to spend the extra few euro.

Now, lets hope the more reputable reviewers are as enthusiastic as IGN :P

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Just pre ordered the deluxe edition......... Thinks im gonna have sell some blood now or something to get a few more games over the next month :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Will it be on sale anywhere here?, Gamestop are not stocking it :(

• Advertisement

Nobody has picked it up for a European release yet. Just import it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

anyone know if its region free?

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    anyone know if its region free?

PS3 is always region free, 360 you will alas have to wait to find out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

This and el shaddai!! Grrrr

I read somewhere that there is a smaller publisher who has expressed interest in publishing the 360 version in PAL (mightn't be worthwhile for PS3 since most fans are going to import it alongside the high costs of Blu-Ray!) so I wouldn't abandon hope yet - you might see a limited release ala Deadly Premonition. It's relatively high profile for a weird Japanese adult thriller, so here's hoping :)

It is a constant frustration that more 360 aren't region free though when it's entirely possible to do so :(

I'm pretty sure this will get picked up for europe but it could be a 9-12 month wait for it. El Shaddai seems a shoe in for europe as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

this does look idioticly stupidly interesting!

any luck with imports? good place to get it, and how much do you ussually wait for importS?

I usually use videogamesplus.ca. Could be a bit over a week before it arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I usually use videogamesplus.ca. Could be a bit over a week before it arrives.

Do 3v cards work for that site ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Would someone be nice enough to covert

52.90 pounds into euros

And

79.96 dollars into euros

Thx

Advertisement