Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catherine - the Persona teams new game.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,329 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Would someone be nice enough to covert

52.90 pounds into euros

And

79.96 dollars into euros

Thx

Here you go, just put in your amounts and currencies.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/currencies/converter/#from=GBP;to=EUR;amt=1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

F1ngers wrote: »
    Here you go, just put in your amounts and currencies.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/currencies/converter/#from=GBP;to=EUR;amt=1.

Very much appreicated ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Limited edition unboxing video:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You know you're hyped up about a game when you consider an unboxing video a spoiler :p

*resists urge to watch*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I just set up an american xbox live account and the demo for this and el shaddai are up. getting trenched too while im at it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Hopefully Microsoft release the demo in Europe now

Azure_sky wrote: »

That region locking is a load of poop.
    The sooner MS get rid of that the better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

F1ngers wrote:
    That region locking is a load of poop.
    The sooner MS get rid of that the better.

It can be gotten rid of, which makes it frustrating. But if a company has plans to release a game abroad, it's in their interest to region lock it!

It's the area where Sony where a clear winner this gen. But can't forget the 360 had the most import friendly games this gen (barring DS and PSP), and many were frustratingly region locked. We the gamers never win :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I just hope it won't take them an eternity to release it and then being outsold ten to one by some generic FPS game. If this game sells with it will send a message to Atlus that releasing their games here is worth their time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not Atlus's fault that their games don't get released here. They have no publishing arm in Europe so have to rely on other publishers. If none are interested in their game then it won't get released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭megaten

They're localizing the text in French, Italian, German and Spanish as well so hopefully it'll sell well in the mainland too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Shipped.

Along with boxers, pillow case :o, and some other (slightly less embarrassing) stuff.

Yup my Love is Over just dispatched too. Now we play the game of impatience.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,742 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what sort of price do you pay for games from videogameplus these days, or where you you recommend for importing this game ?

it does look interesting

Well standard edition is going for $59.99 plus postage. Play-asia is pretty much the same, and they're the two import sites I've used and found reliable (p-a can be slow with basic shipping, though).

So you're basically going to be paying just under fifty euro to import the standard at the moment, an extra 20 if you're splashing out on the special edition (not sure what the availability of that's going to be like). As has been mentioned, it is coming out in Europe at some point on both consoles if you're reluctant to import!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

have to say, this is a strange game. not sure what to make of it to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Helix wrote: »
    have to say, this is a strange game. not sure what to make of it to be honest

Playing the demo over the last few days, cuts scenes were way to long was nearly asleep by the time it came to do the 2nd climb, and if I wanted to reply to text messages I'd get a real girlfriend lol :D

Over all though I liked the actual game play just not the cut scenes disguised to be part of the gameplay with the text messages.

Personally, I'm delighted there's a game focusing on an unusual, thematically focused narrative. Sure, cutscenes aren't always ideal, but from what I've seen of this they're presented very well indeed. And all reviews have praised the writing and delivery, so personally I'm extremely enthusiastic about a story heavy game :) The Persona games have proven that lengthy narrative interludes shouldn't be a cause for distress when done correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Personally, I'm delighted there's a game focusing on an unusual, thematically focused narrative. Sure, cutscenes aren't always ideal, but from what I've seen of this they're presented very well indeed. And all reviews have praised the writing and delivery, so personally I'm extremely enthusiastic about a story heavy game :) The Persona games have proven that lengthy narrative interludes shouldn't be a cause for distress when done correctly.

I don't mind cut scenes being long or filling us with info, just the contrast between the style of game in the demo and then cutting back to how the plot is delivered is like butchering dante's inferno with L.A Noire for want of a better example. Just didn't work for me, actually it felt like a wii game minus the motion controls, and I might have actually felt better in the end having played it on wii.

In the end I think this is this years deadly premonition, one to divide opinion*

*opinion based on demo I'm not willing to even think to pay 50-70 euro for this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

So based on reviews, this game is just walking around talking to people, and then the actual gameplay is a block moving puzzle? Sounds awesome. I liked the look of it but anything ive actually read about it has just put me off it.

The last game these guys made was a mix of a japanese school dating sim and a randomly generated dungeon crawl. It sounded crap but ended up being the best RPG of the last 5 years. I'm willing to take a chance especially with the universal praise it's getting.

this game is just walking around talking to people, and then the actual gameplay is a block moving puzzle?

I'll be the first to admit Catherine is not an easy sell - hell, as far from an easy sell as you can get - but 'just' walking around talking to people and 'just' a block moving puzzle is, by the evidence of the demo and all glowing reviews so far, a profound simplification of what this is. As retr0 said, this Atlus team have an uncanny nack for marrying disparate genres and gameplay styles into a fantastic whole. The 'talking' is meant to be extremely well handled, and the block moving challenging and exciting.

This isn't going to be for everyone, but we as gamers need to embrace different approaches rather than pushing them away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

how are ye getting on with the game guys? anymore feedback for us

It looks interesting but I dunno if I wanna pay 50 quid for it though!

It's ok tho as I know Mr Ultimate or Retroman are gonna let me have it when they are done :)

lol

My copy is still en route. Was hoping it would arrive today but hopefully should by the end of the week. Hopefully without customs duty.

My copy is still en route. Was hoping it would arrive today but hopefully should by the end of the week. Hopefully without customs duty.

My standard edition arrived today, was marked "Toy Game: $18". :D

Only played a few levels and one of them took me a few goes - can imagine some of the stair climbing will get real tricky in the later stages.

Got to the part in the Stray Sheep where you can
    get up and walk about
    , which I didn't do.
    Saved it there as I had to go to work.

Looking forward to giving this a proper session tomorrow.
    You taste like smoke. I like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Threw this in tonight for the first time, delivered on Tuesday, but I've not had chance to even open the box until now.

Reached the start of
    Day 3: Torture Chamber
    . Enjoyed it so far, though inadvertently hitting X has cost me several lives/retries as I was sent plummeting to my death while hanging from a block. It's interesting so far, I'll give it more of a playing over the next few days.

Mine still hasn't arrived :( Lameness. You guys get it from VGplus? Might have to contact the post office if it doesn't arrive tomorrow. Haven't had any problems with them before so surprised it hasn't arrived yet!

• Advertisement

Töpher wrote: »
    Threw this in tonight for the first time, delivered on Tuesday, but I've not had chance to even open the box until now.

Reached the start of
    Day 3: Torture Chamber
    . Enjoyed it so far, though inadvertently hitting X has cost me several lives/retries as I was sent plummeting to my death while hanging from a block. It's interesting so far, I'll give it more of a playing over the next few days.

Same here. Gets annoying.
    Still enjoyable.
    Mine still hasn't arrived :( Lameness. You guys get it from VGplus? Might have to contact the post office if it doesn't arrive tomorrow. Haven't had any problems with them before so surprised it hasn't arrived yet!

I got mine off VG+, but I got the standard edition.
    As mentioned above, arrived last tuesday.

Advertisement