Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catherine - the Persona teams new game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think its the kind of game that's so niche, it will be on Zavvi's mega monday email around June for £12.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Already have (and completed) the US PS3 version, but still excited that it's being released here...so much so that I've pre-orded the CE Xbox version :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Great to see it getting shelf-space in shops.

Guess that's the advantage of releasing a game in February :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Eurogamer review is up dripping in pretention. They got the score right though :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-27-catherine-review

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Anyone pick it up?

Gamestop in Limerick seem to have it (€50), Game said they're probably getting it tomorrow. Presumably €45 in HMV... *indecisive*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just buy it for the cheapest you can get it. Trust me, it's one of the best games you'll play this generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just buy it for the cheapest you can get it. Trust me, it's one of the best games you'll play this generation.

well retr0 98.7 % of the time you are never wrong

i picked up fragile dreams few weeks ago , yet to play it ..but a recommendation never the least :pac:

Oof, €48 in HMV. Hurm.

Ah well, will buy it for my girlfriend and I anyway. Worth it, before she leaves for Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

Picked this up today. It's sad how much of a relief it is to not be playing another poxy unreal engine by-the-numbers pile of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

never played an unreal engine game the characters look too much like parents' vision of random video game you wasted time on; particularly at my age would feel like real Adam Sandler in Reign On Me shït

Couldn't find this, tried many an Xtravision. Game stock it? Ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

I saw copies in Game, HMV and Gamestop. None in ctravision. Best price was in HMV (47.99 for console versions)

Just noticed it has been made available on the Playstation Store. €59.99 .. am a tenner short!

LH Pathe wrote: »
    never played an unreal engine game the characters look too much like parents' vision of random video game you wasted time on;
    What?
    This isn't even running on Epic tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

What?
    This isn't even running on Epic tech.

he wasn't saying it was, he was replying to the comment above him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Just noticed it has been made available on the Playstation Store. €59.99 .. am a tenner short!

And this is why you should never buy a new release digitally! I'm sure you can get the rather pretty special edition(s) for that price.

yeah it's a rip. Can never resist pressing the button though :D guess that's why it's a rip. If only I'd not bought Shank 2 just hours prior..

can get it from zavvi today for ~41 euro incl. delivery

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/catherine/10532168.html

probably a week to deliver

mystic86 wrote: »
    Well yeah, but the 360 version is region locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

mystic86 wrote: »
    now only ~28.50 incl delivery!

When I go the checkout the price comes out like this...

Items: EUR 31,57
    Shipping & Handling: EUR 19,72
    Total Before Tax: EUR 51,29
    Estimated Tax To Be Collected: EUR 0,00
    Import Fees Deposit EUR 10,77
    Order Total: EUR 62,06 :eek:

Not sure how you are getting it to 28.50 incl. delivery to Ireland?

Zavvi is the cheapest from what I can see, Game are charging 59.99 in store!

GT_Dublin wrote: »
    When I go the checkout the price comes out like this...

Items: EUR 31,57
    Shipping & Handling: EUR 19,72
    Total Before Tax: EUR 51,29
    Estimated Tax To Be Collected: EUR 0,00
    Import Fees Deposit EUR 10,77
    Order Total: EUR 62,06 :eek:

Not sure how you are getting it to 28.50 incl. delivery to Ireland?

Zavvi is the cheapest from what I can see, Game are charging 59.99 in store!

it was on offer for the day!

30 dollars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Really enjoying this so far, but the lack of dual-audio is a damn shame. Am I really supposed to believe they just couldn't include the Japanese voice track?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Kinski wrote: »
    Really enjoying this so far, but the lack of dual-audio is a damn shame. Am I really supposed to believe they just couldn't include the Japanese voice track?

For this game, I think dual-audio is 'nice to have', English voice acting is excellent (imo).

Kinski wrote: »

There's a hell of a lot of uncompressed audio and video on the PS3 version and not much room left on the 360 disc. Atlus is a company that would include it if they could.

There's a hell of a lot of uncompressed audio and video on the PS3 version and not much room left on the 360 disc. Atlus is a company that would include it if they could.

They also made statements about the game having a "generic American" setting, so I thought they might be making excuses, but I take your point.

Edit: And they could have included it as DLC, or made a Japanese audio version available to buy via download.
    For this game, I think dual-audio is 'nice to have', English voice acting is excellent (imo).

The voice-acting is fine, but I'm used to watching anime with subtitles - having the English language in anime-style cut-scenes is taking some getting used to.

Though there is one game I think may have been improved by an horrifically bad English dub:

Atlus is a company that would include it if they could.
    Heard the opposite, that Atlus JP is against it for some stupid reason.
    What Atlus games have had Dual Audio?

The Nippon Ichi developed ones ;)

But yeah Atlus are strange like that. Many games do it - El Shaddai, Disgaea 4 etc... I really do think its a strange omission given the fanbase of the game.

The Nippon Ichi developed ones ;)

But yeah Atlus are strange like that. Many games do it - El Shaddai, Disgaea 4 etc... I really do think its a strange omission given the fanbase of the game.

Therein lies the issue I think. They went to the trouble of localising it, and though doubtless many fans would actually prefer to have stuck with the Japanese version, we're going to have to listen to an American one, like it or not!

Edge....edge....edge! (This is stuck in my head)

• Advertisement

Font style and stage ladder w/ vincent's dream soundscape of peeling bells and sheep remind me very, very very much of Shadows of the Damned. Who's the connection?! This, however is like.. nothing I've played before

Was apprehensive about it but i think the american dialogue fits vincents dorkey world tbh. japanese would be a good option but then I'd have to tolerate the subs. I hate subs in games where you can't turn em off, always read whilst ignoring the actual dialogue leaving me to wonder what's the point of the voice acting

Advertisement