Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catherine - the Persona teams new game.

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

LH Pathe wrote: »
    remind me very, very very much of Shadows of the Damned. Who's the connection?!
    Other than them both being Japanese, there isn't a connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Other than them both being Japanese, there isn't a connection.

thought as much I could find none. General japanese penchant for the bizarrest of coincidences like bells tolling combined with sheep bleeting; check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

So, what ending did people get?

I got the
    Bad Lover ending...
    which is exactly what I deserved, based on how I played the game.

Also, what did people find to be the toughest stage (I played on Normal).

6-3 was really tough imo, and special shout out to
    7-4
    for completely blowing my mind!! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Got the 'good' ending. Loyal to the end, yo :)

I must go back and try to 'save' the bar patrons. Started a playthrough with that in mind but it's a serious challenge!

Got the 'good' ending. Loyal to the end, yo :)

I must go back and try to 'save' the bar patrons. Started a playthrough with that in mind but it's a serious challenge!

I could only save Justin... :( Not entirely sure where I went wrong with the others either if I'm being honest.

As for my ending, or how I ended up there, I started off deliberately trying to get away with it (which would be entirely unlike me), but I couldn't keep it up, and ended up gravitating towards the 'good' side again! Alas, too late.

I've noticed from your trophies that you have a lot more Gold results than I do... you spent much time in Babel, etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got the Normal Lovers ending. I really liked the ending but my friend showed me the endings you get if you choose catherine. They are well worth checking out and are really insane and often hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Saved most of the patrons, missed the cop, not sure if I missed any others. Got the good or normal ending, can't remember which. Looking forward to running through it again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've noticed from your trophies that you have a lot more Gold results than I do... you spent much time in Babel, etc.?

Not really. Got just over halfway through a 'gold' playthrough before getting distracted by other stuff. Didn't get gold on the super hard later levels.

Babel from my short time with it seems pretty unforgiving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Catherine is free for PS+ users on May 1st. Was mad to play this but too shy to bring the game to the counter :o

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Catherine is free for PS+ users on May 1st. Was mad to play this but too shy to bring the game to the counter :o

I'm excited for it. Just after playing Persona 3 + 4 for the first time back in march, and was looking forward to getting this since its also made by Atlus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Got it on PS+ this month and only just started playing it.
    Bizarre yet strangely compelling.

I'm starting night 4, playing on easy because I'm a wuss and I heard it gets quite hard later.
    I'll also just note that the immoral beast was terrifying :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Very, very, very strange game, but like dloob said, it's hard to pull away from it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

t'is quite an intense game. The Ice blocks are a right nuisance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I've got most of the game done - except I haven't cleared it on hard or any of the babel stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,115 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, been wanting to try this for a while, glad it came free on PS+, and with the help of the narrator picked Easy, as i just want to see what the story is all about. Great game so far, but fook me i cannot get passed the Stage 6 boss. Rage quitted a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Going to give this a go over the weekend. Playing mostly for the story am I best going with Easy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say go with normal, but then again I'm only on night 4/5 at the minute.

Glad I went with Easy. Wouldn't fancy having to do the bosses on a harder difficulty tbh. Really enjoying the story / decisions etc. Seems like a short game so might try for a couple of different endings.

penev10 wrote: »
    Glad I went with Easy. Wouldn't fancy having to do the bosses on a harder difficulty tbh. Really enjoying the story / decisions etc. Seems like a short game so might try for a couple of different endings.
    It's been a long time since I played, but from what I remember, when you clear the game, if you replay that difficulty you can just do the story bits and skip the puzzles. That way you can do the story again faster. Think a skip option comes up when you start the puzzles.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I played, but from what I remember, when you clear the game, if you replay that difficulty you can just do the story bits and skip the puzzles. That way you can do the story again faster. Think a skip option comes up when you start the puzzles.

Congrats on being good at the game Pushtrak... That option only comes up if you got a Gold result, so you were obviously doing a good job :D It's a very cool feature I think.

• Advertisement

I played it when it first came out, February 2012. I couldn't remember that it had to be gold to get the option. I can't remember how much/if it all I got done on Gold on Normal. Obviously seeing as I was able to skip on easy to get the other endings fast I did all of easy Gold. I found the Babel levels very tough. Didn't even get one of them done.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I played it when it first came out, February 2012. I couldn't remember that it had to be gold to get the option. I can't remember how much/if it all I got done on Gold on Normal. Obviously seeing as I was able to skip on easy to get the other endings fast I did all of easy Gold. I found the Babel levels very tough. Didn't even get one of them done.

Ya, I played it back in the day too. Bought it in the states before it came out here (hipster-gamer), but I got very few Golds on Normal, just the first 4 stages I think, night 5 and onwards was tough. Really rewarding to figure some of it out though.

Babel... don't even start me. I also tried the main story on Hard for the laugh... not a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Got this the other day! Great game, I love it! Controls and camera angles can be a little bit fiddly sometimes but generally ok. So easy to play a couple of hours between the floors and messing around in the bar (although, that seems like more of a chore the more I get into it).

one thing is for sure, Catherine is HAWT!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I really enjoyed, picked it up a few months ago.

I didn't mind the Bar section much, I actually really liked the texting part.

The puzzles were very hard I found near the end, I found some of it infuriating, but managed it, I thought I was going to have to drop the difficulty down to easy or super easy, as it was proving tough on normal, thankfully made it, but if I was playing again, I would do it on easy, if I was just playing to see the other endings.

My only complaint is about the sound in the game, the music can't be turned down separately to the FX sounds, I found the music in the bar too loud, and the characters speech too low, it was hard to hear them properly.

The same thing during the nightmares when you talk to the other sheep, and that fecking bell is constantly ringing, and its so loud, its hard to hear the characters.

I'm on the zombie bride boss and I can't last more than 30 seconds! I have it on easy and all. I think I just don't get these "puzzles". Would've preferred a dungeon crawler element to compliment the dating sim ala Persona.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Check the solution on youtube. If you are messing up it's more than likely you aren't picking up the techniques the sheep teach you before puzzles. You'll use a lot of them throughout the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

penev10 wrote: »
    I'm on the zombie bride boss.....

I had to turn the sound off completely for some of the bosses. I couldn't hack the sounds from the baby boss at all.

I found them so distracting, I had to play it with no sound.

I've checked two different runs on Youtube and got a few ideas but still no joy.

Usually you have ample time to suss out the puzzles and I've been mulling my way through but on this level you can't afford to pause for thought.

Advertisement