Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Duffy is a Hero

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Joe Duffy is a Hair-o alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with Joe, I wish I had his talent! He satisfies his listeners while at the same time exerting minimum effort! He is a fcuking hero as far as I'm concerned!

I cant believe you used the word talent

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭joannaman

Joe Duffy must be stopped and I propose sending a terminating robot after him. It'll look like Keith Duffy, with a leather jacket and an earring. And will ride a bmx bike. Preliminary sketches are sketchy at best and I'll be looking for donations to advance the development of this project.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

My mum believes everything she hears on that program :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Trevor451 wrote: »
    My mum believes everything she hears on that program :mad:

she must be terrified of turning 60 then since those fellas from lisbon are going to come and euthanise her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭last name ever. first name greatest

He is the After Hours of the radio. I think he is good at his job tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

I cant believe theres people who think this man is a cnut !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

SeaFields wrote: »
    I was listening to good old Joe last week in the car. He came out with the following statements in the same breath...."Nothing has been proven against Ivor Callely" and "Noel Dempsey didnt do anything wrong" (in reference to taking the government jet on a spin)

Hmmmm....i wonder does he support fianna fail? :rolleyes::mad:

Yeah I really cant stand Joe anymore, he's coming out with stuff like this all the time now. A few weeks ago ye wanna hear him giving praise to Brian Cowan and the like. People texting in and expressing their disgust at him. He's entitled to his opinion but I feel someone in his position should try to hold such a opinion back from his listeners, a vast majority of whom don't share it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Joe Duffy is the kind of person that turns a crowd into a mob, he gives narrow minded busy bodies access to the national airwaves and turns molehills into mountains on a daily basis.

Having said all that, he does stumble into some quality radio every now and again and he does give a voice to people that have no other way of expressing frustration and anger. It saddens me to say it, but if you want to get the Government to do something/stop doing something, going on Joe Duffy is probably the most effective way.

genericguy, good luck with the crusade, if you want to win this one, I suggest that you phone into Joe Duffy on Monday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭doctorwu

As already said on previous Boards Joe Duffy is a Fianna Fail supporter. But in fairness his show does give a say to what people are thinking. Still quite funny to listen to him squirm while F.F. are been slaughtered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Prabhu Deva

djk1000 wrote: »
    Joe Duffy is the kind of person that turns a crowd into a mob, he gives narrow minded busy bodies access to the national airwaves and turns molehills into mountains on a daily basis.

Having said all that, he does stumble into some quality radio every now and again and he does give a voice to people that have no other way of expressing frustration and anger. It saddens me to say it, but if you want to get the Government to do something/stop doing something, going on Joe Duffy is probably the most effective way.

genericguy, good luck with the crusade, if you want to win this one, I suggest that you phone into Joe Duffy on Monday ;)

not really, he is more like a guy pacifies a mob and convinces them to make a cup of tea and relax while the FF government screws them over some more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭juma

<
    Radio Forum

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

djk1000 wrote: »
    Like you said that is the sad part. I don't listen to the radio except in the car and have stumbled upon him the odd time. The breadth of ignorance of some of the callers is staggering. But yes you do hear the odd bit of quality. Some of the health service scandals he's put the beady eye on for one.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Joe Duffy is Irelands answer to Jerry Springer...

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

deelite wrote: »
    And I hate Funny Fridays.

Dear lord I couldn't agree more. Funny Friday's are so bloody cringeworthy. I used to dislike Joe too but quite enjoy the show now, bit of a guilty pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

OPENROAD wrote: »
    How Joe has never been assassinated by now is beyond me.

Fyp

Advertisement