Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Rialto Credit Union & parking

Options
  • 19-08-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

I have parked my car outside Rialto Credit Union on the South Circular Road, a couple of times in the recent past while visiting relatives who live in the area. A few months ago, on a Sunday, I found one of the credit union's "parking tickets" on my window - a handwritten letter (presumably from the manager) stating that i was illegally parked and that my car's details had been passed onto the local gardai :rolleyes:

The last occasion I parked there, a few weeks ago on a Saturday evening, a woman came out of the credit union building and proceeded to berate me for parking my car "illegally". Now, it was a Saturday evening, the credit union was just after closing and although there is a no parking sign there (erected by the union themselves), I presumed it has no legal standing as the city council has not erected any 'no parking' signs along the road. When i pointed this out to her, her tone changed and she became quite aggressive with me, began to swear and told me she would call the guards if i did not move my car :eek:

I informed her that I would never choose to park there during normal business hours as it would be unfair to do so, but as far as i'm concerned, after 6pm i should be more than entitled to park there. Her ranting and raving continued until she realised I was resolute in not moving. Inside she went in a huff.

Has anyone had any issues with this most unpleasant individual? She has no right to treat people with such disdain, if i was causing an obstruction on a normal week day then would have a point, but i was not. God only knows how she treats the people that work under her, she has some serious deficiencies in her people skills.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Plebs

grenache wrote: »
    I have parked my car outside Rialto Credit Union on the South Circular Road, a couple of times in the recent past while visiting relatives who live in the area. A few months ago, on a Sunday, I found one of the credit union's "parking tickets" on my window - a handwritten letter (presumably from the manager) stating that i was illegally parked and that my car's details had been passed onto the local gardai :rolleyes:

The last occasion I parked there, a few weeks ago on a Saturday evening, a woman came out of the credit union building and proceeded to berate me for parking my car "illegally". Now, it was a Saturday evening, the credit union was just after closing and although there is a no parking sign there (erected by the union themselves), I presumed it has no legal standing as the city council has not erected any 'no parking' signs along the road. When i pointed this out to her, her tone changed and she became quite aggressive with me, began to swear and told me she would call the guards if i did not move my car :eek:

I informed her that I would never choose to park there during normal business hours as it would be unfair to do so, but as far as i'm concerned, after 6pm i should be more than entitled to park there. Her ranting and raving continued until she realised I was resolute in not moving. Inside she went in a huff.

Has anyone had any issues with this most unpleasant individual? She has no right to treat people with such disdain, if i was causing an obstruction on a normal week day then would have a point, but i was not. God only knows how she treats the people that work under her, she has some serious deficiencies in her people skills.

The credit union are in the business of making money. They're not there to provide free parking to random punters.

So ditch the entitlement complex.

Unless there was a vehicle entrance there I would have no problem parking there at any time of the day as long as there are no legal restrictions. Their sign is not a legal sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

When you say "outside the credit union", do you mean
    • On the Public road in front of the office
    • The parking bay in front of the offices, where the "A" is in the picture

If you mean the parking bay on front of the office, they it is there private property and they can be as unreasonable as they want to be.

Also, most Credit unions have committee meetings in the evening, so just because the public office is closed, does not mean there is no one in the building

124845.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

When you say "outside the credit union", do you mean
    • On the Public road in front of the office
    • The parking bay in front of the offices, where the "A" is in the picture

If you mean the parking bay on front of the office, they it is there private property and they can be as unreasonable as they want to be.

Also, most Credit unions have committee meetings in the evening, so just because the public office is closed, does not mean there is no one in the building
    yes i parked on the 'A' in your photo, the parking bay outside the union office.
    I fail to see how it is they're private property though, them putting up a 'no parking' sign doesn't make it their property. As previously mentioned it has no legal standing. The parking bay is not within the confines of the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Plebs wrote: »
    The credit union are in the business of making money. They're not there to provide free parking to random punters.

So ditch the entitlement complex.
    :rolleyes: If i didn't know any better i would say you were her!

I think i am entitled to not be sworn at by some obnoxious lunatic. Out of office hours, anyone should be entitled to park there, just as anyone should be entitled to park in a loading bay after 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

yes i parked on the 'A' in your photo, the parking bay outside the union office.
    I fail to see how it is they're private property though, them putting up a 'no parking' sign doesn't make it their property. As previously mentioned it has no legal standing. The parking bay is not within the confines of the building.

Footpaths that wide are very rare, mostly likely the parking place is (or was) the front garden of the property.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The parking bay is not within the confines of the building.
    See the bollards out front? Thats the likely boundary line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

It is obviously their property and parking there is akin to parking in somebodys driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

So you park in their private property and get on your high horse when you're challenged about it. Jeez, the sense of entitlement in people nowadays astounds me. Fair enough you'd do it until someone points out that it's their property but you continue to do it.

I know exactly where you're talking about. It's a busy little spot with very little parking and I'm sure they're demented with people taking their parking places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

It IS their private property. You failing to see that is immaterial. she told you it was, you just didn't believe her or ignored her. Why didn't you move to the edge of the public footpath?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Private property.
    Maybe you didn't understand this but you do now so no excuse in future

OP, if you can then park beside the footpath on the opposite side of the road

Advertisement